The 2012-2013 Running Utes of Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kccougar
    9262
    • Nov 2008
    • 7020

    #241
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a Utah thread. Let me say, with love in my heart, that neither of you is welcome here, unless you are saying "Congratulations" sincerely. I will be the sole arbiter of sincerity.
    Believe it or not, my post was serious. The 6 games include several conference matchups. Seems like a good deal.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

    Comment

    • MartyFunkhouser
      Disciple of RNGesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 18747

      #242
      Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Heads up for the Ute fans. I noticed the Seven Peaks Pass of all Passes that's on sale right now for $20 includes 6 Utah home games.
      I saw kccougar was the most recent post and knew something bad happened in Ute basketball. Talking smack on Ute basketball right now is the equivalent of going to the hospital and mocking the terminally ill.

      By the way $20.00 is way too expensive for 6 Ute home games.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment

      • Top Ute
        Junior Member
        • May 2010
        • 2194

        #243
        ACC coaches pick North Carolina State to win the league. Not Duke. Not UNC. North Carolina State. Chew on that for a minute, but don't mention to the Larry Lapdogs that State's coach is Mark Gottfried, who wanted the Utah job after Boylen was fired.

        And Gottfried didn't have to go 5-25 to get there, either, and he did it in one year at a program that's borderline psychopathic when it comes to expectations and demands.

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #244
          Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
          ACC coaches pick North Carolina State to win the league. Not Duke. Not UNC. North Carolina State. Chew on that for a minute, but don't mention to the Larry Lapdogs that State's coach is Mark Gottfried, who wanted the Utah job after Boylen was fired.

          And Gottfried didn't have to go 5-25 to get there, either, and he did it in one year at a program that's borderline psychopathic when it comes to expectations and demands.
          How much do you wanna bet they don't win it?

          I don't think Gottfried wanted the Utah job.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #245
            That pass of all passes is a pretty good deal. I'd buy it if it included 6 BYU games.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Top Ute
              Junior Member
              • May 2010
              • 2194

              #246
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              How much do you wanna bet they don't win it?

              I don't think Gottfried wanted the Utah job.
              I trust national voices like Seth Davis, who said Gottfried was the man to beat for the job.

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #247
                Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                I trust national voices like Seth Davis, who said Gottfried was the man to beat for the job.
                Hill never even spoke to Gottfried.



                LArry LApdog
                Last edited by LA Ute; 10-22-2012, 10:32 PM.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • Top Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 2194

                  #248
                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Hill never even spoke to Gottfried.



                  LArry LApdog
                  I would never expect Hill to confirm or deny whether he did.

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18747

                    #249
                    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Hill never even spoke to Gottfried.



                    LArry LApdog
                    If Hill actually never spoke to Gottfried that is another huge indictment of Chris Hill. It is really a shame and also extremely impressive what Hill has done to our basketball program. I cannot think another program that has fallen so much without a major scandal. Hill needs to be gone before we hire our next coach, which will sadly probably be in 2014. I only hope that a coach half as good as Gottfried is on the table in 2014 and that our AD that is hiring our coach isn't so obsessed with finding the hidden gem candidate.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • LA Ute
                      Receiver of Memory
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19512

                      #250
                      mpfunk and TopUte: We just have to agree to disagree, I guess. The past is past, we now have a coach who is trying to do his best. I prefer to wait and see how he will do.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden


                      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18747

                        #251
                        Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        mpfunk and TopUte: We just have to agree to disagree, I guess. The past is past, we now have a coach who is trying to do his best. I prefer to wait and see how he will do.
                        Unfortunately, the evidence that we have early is that we are going to be very disappointed after waiting and seeing. Maybe a miracle happens and it all works out. I don't want to hear this season about progress without wins. Progress = wins. This is college basketball, turning around a program can be a quick process. Our non-conference schedule is abysmally bad. Anything less than over .500 this year is a huge failure.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • U-Ute
                          Non member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 2071

                          #252
                          I missed something. I recently read that Dotson was injured... wtf..?

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #253
                            Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                            I missed something. I recently read that Dotson was injured... wtf..?
                            Stress fracture in his foot. Out for six weeks. The Utes are cursed.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18747

                              #254
                              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              Stress fracture in his foot. Out for six weeks. The Utes are cursed.
                              Well if our AD would honor the greatest coach in the history of Ute basketball, maybe we wouldn't be cursed anymore.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #255
                                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Unfortunately, the evidence that we have early is that we are going to be very disappointed after waiting and seeing. Maybe a miracle happens and it all works out. I don't want to hear this season about progress without wins. Progress = wins. This is college basketball, turning around a program can be a quick process. Our non-conference schedule is abysmally bad. Anything less than over .500 this year is a huge failure.
                                With our OOC schedule, you will see plenty of "progress".

                                I'm confident Krystko will yield better results than Giac and Boylen, though.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...