2011-2012 BYU Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #271
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    lol. A 70-point win has you panicking?
    My point was the competition must be brutal and was just backing surfah's point that it is hard to learn much about the team if they aren't playing decent teams over there.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37976

      #272
      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      when I say not very good, I'm talking about this particular group at this point in the season. No Davies, no Carlino, Harrison just out of HS, Sharp not having played much, etc.
      That could be true, but I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion based on these two games. They've both been blowouts.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #273
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        That could be true, but I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion based on these two games. They've both been blowouts.
        I didn't reach that conclusion based on these games. I reached that conclusion based on my knowledge of the players playing in the games.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #274
          I'm pretty happy from what I hear so far. We know how good Hartsock, Abouo, and Rogers are. That's not a bad nucleus for a college team. For Harrison to step up immediately and be one of the production leaders on the team, is a great sign.

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #275
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I'm pretty happy from what I hear so far. We know how good Hartsock, Abouo, and Rogers are. That's not a bad nucleus for a college team. For Harrison to step up immediately and be one of the production leaders on the team, is a great sign.
            I agree about Harrison. And I am hoping and praying that Carlino can do the same.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #276
              Jordan Loveridge has narrowed choices to BYU, Utah, Weber and AZ

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #277
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                BYU beat Doukas today. 115-45. I am beginning to think that this trip will tell us nothing about our team.
                Doukas? Sounds like the Duke of Greece.

                Go Cougars!!!!
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21139

                  #278
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  Jordan Loveridge has narrowed choices to BYU, Utah, Weber and AZ
                  That seems like pretty good odds.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37976

                    #279
                    Zylstra goes 11-16 with 5 treys in the game today, lead all scorers with 27.
                    Rogoers goes 8-11 for 22
                    Hartsock 10-13
                    Harrison only 3 for 10 for 7 points.

                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #280
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Zylstra goes 11-16 with 5 treys in the game today, lead all scorers with 27.
                      Rogoers goes 8-11 for 22
                      Hartsock 10-13
                      Harrison only 3 for 10 for 7 points.

                      http://byucougars.com/m-basketball/z...cougars-greece
                      That team must have been terrible if Zylstra goes for 27 he might be the worst D-1 player in the country.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #281
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        That team must have been terrible if Zylstra goes for 27 he might be the worst D-1 player in the country.
                        He's pretty good when the opposing team doesn't play defense.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #282
                          This seems pretty easy. They seemed to be racist and D'ed up the black guy.

                          Comment

                          • Pelado
                            Bald not naked
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 21139

                            #283
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            That team must have been terrible if Zylstra goes for 27 he might be the worst D-1 player in the country.
                            The worst D-1 player in the country probably plays for Houston Baptist:

                            RealTimeRPI.com: RPI, RPI Rankings, college basketball rpi, Real Time NCAA College Basketball and Sports Ratings - the most accurate independent analysis of the NCAA college basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI)

                            (scroll down...way down)
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #284
                              Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              The worst D-1 player in the country probably plays for Houston Baptist:

                              RealTimeRPI.com: RPI, RPI Rankings, college basketball rpi, Real Time NCAA College Basketball and Sports Ratings - the most accurate independent analysis of the NCAA college basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI)

                              (scroll down...way down)
                              I won't look but it is this guy?

                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • Pelado
                                Bald not naked
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 21139

                                #285
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I won't look but it is this guy?

                                That's not the direction I was going, but he could be what was holding them back.

                                Edit: I don't see him on the Huskies' roster...

                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

                                Comment

                                Working...