bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #1411
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Thanks for that observation. But it is news either way.
    Nobody is saying it's not news. The question is whether it is Boom-worthy news. Since it reveals that Emery is actually in a worse physical state than previously anticipated, I'm going with no.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69706

      #1412
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Nobody is saying it's not news. The question is whether it is Boom-worthy news. Since it reveals that Emery is actually in a worse physical state than previously anticipated, I'm going with no.
      Fair enough. I have removed the "boom" and replaced it with a "clank". Let me know if that works for you.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • hostile
        lollygagger
        • Dec 2009
        • 5736

        #1413
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Sure. But he was expected to be 100% following his prior surgery, too. So I guess what I'm saying is that the absence of news on Emery would have been better than this news.
        Unfortunately I would lean this way as well. He had surgery to decrease pressure on nerves. Nerves are fickle - they don't like to be touched or moved. There is always a risk of persistent symptoms - pain, weakness, tingling, numbness.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

        "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #1414
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Fair enough. I have removed the "boom" and replaced it with a "clank". Let me know if that works for you.
          Boom!
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25268

            #1415
            Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Unfortunately I would lean this way as well. He had surgery to decrease pressure on nerves. Nerves are fickle - they don't like to be touched or moved. There is always a risk of persistent symptoms - pain, weakness, tingling, numbness.
            Right. I"ve been concerned ever since he first came home with neuropathic/radiculopathic symptoms.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69706

              #1416
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Boom!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #1417
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Sure. But he was expected to be 100% following his prior surgery, too. So I guess what I'm saying is that the absence of news on Emery would have been better than this news.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • SCcoug
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7625

                  #1418
                  LP vs AF tonight in the Marriott Center.

                  Comment

                  • BlueK
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 7192

                    #1419
                    ESPN is reporting that this 6-6 sophomore guard from NC is about to commit to BYU. Also being recruited by Notre Dame, Iowa, Xavier, Georgia, Virginia, Stanford, Creighton, among others.



                    Morgan has been racking up the letters and phone calls with interests coming from almost 25 schools. Now healthy, he's ready to start piling up the offers as well

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12373

                      #1420
                      Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      ESPN is reporting that this 6-6 sophomore guard from NC is about to commit to BYU. Also being recruited by Notre Dame, Iowa, Xavier, Georgia, Virginia, Stanford, Creighton, among others.



                      https://future150.com/hs/basketball-...ls-recruitment
                      I've never heard of him. Is he even LDS? Was totally off the radar.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 02-21-2015, 01:15 PM.

                      Comment

                      • BlueK
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 7192

                        #1421
                        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        I've heard of him. Is he even LDS? Was totally off the radar.
                        I don't know if he's LDS. In the article he mentions liking BYU's offensive style and the school's academics.

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #1422

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #1423
                            Too bad he's just not that into us.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18488

                              #1424
                              Number 53 on the scout top 100 just committed to BYU:

                              Yahoo Scout is an AI-powered answer engine that delivers answers with context and trusted sources.


                              If only we could hold onto #11.

                              Comment

                              • scottie
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5247

                                #1425
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Number 53 on the scout top 100 just committed to BYU:

                                Yahoo Scout is an AI-powered answer engine that delivers answers with context and trusted sources.


                                If only we could hold onto #11.
                                #11's dad is saying he's not BYU bound, about halfway down the page:

                                Comment

                                Working...