bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #406
    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Stop being a bad influence on lds student athletes.
    Well, I think I'm in the clear here, because he's not LDS.

    He just comes to church with his girlfriend when she's in town.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #407
      Haws dribbles a bit like Zylstra at times but he's got game.

      [YOUTUBE]KntK2pRQ0Yo[/YOUTUBE]
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37987

        #408
        How tall is TJ? He looks a little on the 5'9"ish side. Could just be that he's standing next to a bunch of taller kids.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #409
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Haws dribbles a bit like Zylstra at times but he's got game.
          Nice Davies ball fake at 1:08.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #410
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            How tall is TJ? He looks a little on the 5'9"ish side. Could just be that he's standing next to a bunch of taller kids.
            6'4"

            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #411
              Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              Nice Davies ball fake at 1:08.
              I can't believe people fall for that. It cracks me up every time though.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #412
                He's actually 6'2". I was in the same arena as him once, so I know.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #413
                  I hope he has another growth spurt in him and fills out a bit.

                  Has he decided on a mission at 18 or is he going to play a year with big bro?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #414
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    How tall is TJ? He looks a little on the 5'9"ish side. Could just be that he's standing next to a bunch of taller kids.
                    6'2ish

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #415
                      You can see all of Lone Peak's games from here on out online.

                      Deseret News: Sports ‏@desnewssports
                      @desnewssports will stream the rest of nationally ranked @LonePeakBBall 's games online for the remainder of the season #BYU
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • frank ryan
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12377

                        #416
                        Who else is BYU going after now that Parker is out of the picture? That Sal T guy from SLCC? Anyone know?

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #417
                          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Who else is BYU going after now that Parker is out of the picture? That Sal T guy from SLCC? Anyone know?
                          LaComb said that they're just out there beating bushes right now and will wait for the spring signing period. He wouldn't elaborate on what position they're recruiting. I think at this point they're just going to go with the best player they can get.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Guest

                            #418
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            LaComb said that they're just out there beating bushes right now and will wait for the spring signing period. He wouldn't elaborate on what position they're recruiting. I think at this point they're just going to go with the best player they can get.
                            They have to be looking for a low post guy that can come in and play solid D and average 10-12 points a game. We will have both Worthington and Mika next year to go along with Austin and Harward but I wouldn't put any faith in relying on a couple of freshman to manage the paint. Getting a BIG from some JC school who is looking to make an immediate impact could be a huge. Rose has a nice story to tell as our guard play and Haws will be really solid and he is simply looking for the last piece to make a big run in the tournament.

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #419
                              Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                              They have to be looking for a low post guy that can come in and play solid D and average 10-12 points a game. We will have both Worthington and Mika next year to go along with Austin and Harward but I wouldn't put any faith in relying on a couple of freshman to manage the paint. Getting a BIG from some JC school who is looking to make an immediate impact could be a huge. Rose has a nice story to tell as our guard play and Haws will be really solid and he is simply looking for the last piece to make a big run in the tournament.
                              I agree that a JUCO big would be the best pick up for us. But I am unaware of anyone out there currently that can give you what you want. If we could get a big that isn't stiff that can give us double digit points I'd be ecstatic. I think Mika is going to get significant PT.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Goatnapper'96
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10924

                                #420
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                I agree that a JUCO big would be the best pick up for us. But I am unaware of anyone out there currently that can give you what you want. If we could get a big that isn't stiff that can give us double digit points I'd be ecstatic. I think Mika is going to get significant PT.
                                This year rode entirely on Matt Carlino. If Carlino plays well BYU is a solid NCAA team. If he doesn't, BYU is an NIT team. I don't see any tourney victories for this club, but time will tell.

                                Next year appears to me to ride entirely on Eric Mika. I don't see Nate Austin being able to play the 5 for BYU very well. I don't see Ian Harward being very good next year either. BYU's perimeter play will be good next year without any additions with starters of Carlino, Haws and Collinsworth. Delgado and Winder off the bench will be very solid for BYU next year, IMO. The post has 4 players in Austin, Sharp, Haward and Mika that are approaching average, and more accurately slightly below, at best. If Mika can play as well as a freshman as Davies was as a sophomore then I think BYU is in a position to win 1 or maybee two games next year in the tourney. If Mika is no better as a freshman than Davies was, BYU will top out with only one tourney win at max.

                                The biggest need is a proven post scorer and they are not going to get one of those from JC this late in the year. BYU's best hope, I think, for a competent post scorer next year is Eric Mika. However, I am interested in this Sai Tumalla as a recruit. He sounds to me like he could play both the 3 and the 4 in BYU's system. He is close in SLC and would be a decent JC pick up this late. I don't think he would be an impact player for BYU but I bet he would give BYU significant depth on both the perimeter and at the 4.

                                If BYU lands him this would be the roster:

                                Carlino - JR
                                Haws - JR
                                Collinsworth - SO
                                Winder - JR
                                Delgado - SR
                                Tumalla - SO or JR - not sure.
                                Mika - FR
                                Austin - JR
                                Ambrosino - SR
                                Sharp - JR
                                Harward - SO
                                Worthington - FR or RS

                                That leaves one more for whatever they can find. A young true PG such as Lamont Morgan might not be a bad pick up if they can find one.

                                The guys who would play would be Carlino, Collinsworth, Haws, Sharp, Mika, Austin, Winder, Delgado, Tumalla and Harward.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

                                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

                                Comment

                                Working...