2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #3016
    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    One theory I heard was that because Trump kept conflating mail in votes with fraud, he dampened the votes he could have received in that mode. Some of those went to the polls, but how many didn't? It would be funny to learn that's the reason he lost.
    Could be true- especially among his base. How many believed him when he talked about what a problem mail-in ballots are? How many didn't show up to vote in GA thinking it was a foregone conclusion? Not a smart guy-- looks like his long game was to get it handed to him via shenanigans? I think that neurosyphilis is kicking in. He unwittingly succeeded at suppressing the Republican vote.
    Last edited by Commando; 11-05-2020, 10:10 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • clackamascoug
      Banned
      • Dec 2009
      • 9709

      #3017
      This song is 35 years old - some things never change.

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18016

        #3018
        Biden with leads in both PA and Georgia now. Should be called today. I expect lots of histrionics from team Trump. Don’t let me down!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69687

          #3019
          2020 General Presidential Election Thread

          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12352

            #3020
            I heard someone say that if Trump can't win through recounts and courts, he'll seek to challenge the standing of the electors. What a stain on humanity and how embarrassing it must be to have ever voted for this guy.

            Comment

            • PaloAltoCougar
              Semper infra dignitatem
              • Nov 2008
              • 16936

              #3021
              I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.

              Comment

              • Now who’s the dean?
                Pretty Good Guy
                • Aug 2020
                • 567

                #3022
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.
                If (when) he goes full blown Trump he could be handing the senate to Biden [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

                Comment

                • Northwestcoug
                  Cocked and Loaded
                  • May 2011
                  • 18016

                  #3023
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16936

                    #3024
                    Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
                    If (when) he goes full blown Trump he could be handing the senate to Biden [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]
                    True. With two runoff elections for Senate coming up in Georgia, and with nowhere else for the country to spend campaign contributions, now would be a great time to be a shareholder of an Atlanta media outlet.

                    Comment

                    • UVACoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 2685

                      #3025
                      Nevada and Arizona (where it hasn't been already) should be called before noon today. That will put Biden at 270. The others don't matter. It's time to just put Trump on permanent ignore. He'll kick and scream for a while ... maybe for the rest of his life. Who cares? It won't matter. Trump lost.

                      Comment

                      • Eddie
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 8098

                        #3026
                        Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

                        I'd rather he have to put forth whatever evidence he does (or doesn't) have related to the fraud he's alleging than leave his followers believing that there was fraud and the election was "stolen".

                        Trump claimed fraud in the past election, but never provided any proof of it. And there are folks now who just state it as fact. Nope - I'd rather go through the process and prove it one way or the other. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong - but I think it would help. You'll never convince the most ardent Trump supporters - but they're going to believe any conspiracy anyway. Going through the process will benefit the majority of those left.

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #3027
                          Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

                          I'd rather he have to put forth whatever evidence he does (or doesn't) have related to the fraud he's alleging than leave his followers believing that there was fraud and the election was "stolen".

                          Trump claimed fraud in the past election, but never provided any proof of it. And there are folks now who just state it as fact. Nope - I'd rather go through the process and prove it one way or the other. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong - but I think it would help. You'll never convince the most ardent Trump supporters - but they're going to believe any conspiracy anyway. Going through the process will benefit the majority of those left.
                          you think any of those losers will find a court dismissal convincing?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          • Eddie
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 8098

                            #3028
                            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            you think any of those losers will find a court dismissal convincing?
                            Like I said...

                            Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

                            I'd rather he have to put forth whatever evidence he does (or doesn't) have related to the fraud he's alleging than leave his followers believing that there was fraud and the election was "stolen".

                            Trump claimed fraud in the past election, but never provided any proof of it. And there are folks now who just state it as fact. Nope - I'd rather go through the process and prove it one way or the other. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong - but I think it would help. You'll never convince the most ardent Trump supporters - but they're going to believe any conspiracy anyway. Going through the process will benefit the majority of those left.

                            Comment

                            • Katy Lied
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 9435

                              #3029
                              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.
                              Trump doesn't lose any of his crazed supporters with this loss. It isn't broad enough. They will spend the next 4 years holding a grudge and sulking and finding fault with everything President Biden does. And they will be back in 2024. I have two words for anyone who doubts this: Silvio Berlusconi.

                              Comment

                              • UVACoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 2685

                                #3030
                                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                you think any of those losers will find a court dismissal convincing?
                                Exactly. There's not going to be any evidence. The court cases are just another ploy to claim the election was stolen.

                                Comment

                                Working...