2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    One theory I heard was that because Trump kept conflating mail in votes with fraud, he dampened the votes he could have received in that mode. Some of those went to the polls, but how many didn't? It would be funny to learn that's the reason he lost.
    Could be true- especially among his base. How many believed him when he talked about what a problem mail-in ballots are? How many didn't show up to vote in GA thinking it was a foregone conclusion? Not a smart guy-- looks like his long game was to get it handed to him via shenanigans? I think that neurosyphilis is kicking in. He unwittingly succeeded at suppressing the Republican vote.
    Last edited by Commando; 11-05-2020, 09:10 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• This song is 35 years old - some things never change.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Biden with leads in both PA and Georgia now. Should be called today. I expect lots of histrionics from team Trump. Don’t let me down!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I heard someone say that if Trump can't win through recounts and courts, he'll seek to challenge the standing of the electors. What a stain on humanity and how embarrassing it must be to have ever voted for this guy.

Comment

• I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.
                If (when) he goes full blown Trump he could be handing the senate to Biden [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Comment

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
                    If (when) he goes full blown Trump he could be handing the senate to Biden [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]
                    True. With two runoff elections for Senate coming up in Georgia, and with nowhere else for the country to spend campaign contributions, now would be a great time to be a shareholder of an Atlanta media outlet.

Comment

• Nevada and Arizona (where it hasn't been already) should be called before noon today. That will put Biden at 270. The others don't matter. It's time to just put Trump on permanent ignore. He'll kick and scream for a while ... maybe for the rest of his life. Who cares? It won't matter. Trump lost.

Comment

• Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

I'd rather he have to put forth whatever evidence he does (or doesn't) have related to the fraud he's alleging than leave his followers believing that there was fraud and the election was "stolen".

Trump claimed fraud in the past election, but never provided any proof of it. And there are folks now who just state it as fact. Nope - I'd rather go through the process and prove it one way or the other. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong - but I think it would help. You'll never convince the most ardent Trump supporters - but they're going to believe any conspiracy anyway. Going through the process will benefit the majority of those left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

I'd rather he have to put forth whatever evidence he does (or doesn't) have related to the fraud he's alleging than leave his followers believing that there was fraud and the election was "stolen".

Trump claimed fraud in the past election, but never provided any proof of it. And there are folks now who just state it as fact. Nope - I'd rather go through the process and prove it one way or the other. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong - but I think it would help. You'll never convince the most ardent Trump supporters - but they're going to believe any conspiracy anyway. Going through the process will benefit the majority of those left.
                          you think any of those losers will find a court dismissal convincing?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            Like I said...

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Maybe I'm wrong - but at this point with Trump calling the legitimacy of the election to question, I actually WANT him to file whatever lawsuits he feels like filing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I confess to having mixed feelings about how Trump should handle this. For the good of the country and America's place in the world, I wish he'd bow out gracefully, affirming the democratic process. But the longer he drags this out, and the more unhinged he becomes in blaming everything and everyone else for his defeat (which is vintage Trump), the worse his legacy becomes and the more harm he inflicts on his brand. He may be in for another round of BKs.
                              Trump doesn't lose any of his crazed supporters with this loss. It isn't broad enough. They will spend the next 4 years holding a grudge and sulking and finding fault with everything President Biden does. And they will be back in 2024. I have two words for anyone who doubts this: Silvio Berlusconi.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                Exactly. There's not going to be any evidence. The court cases are just another ploy to claim the election was stolen.

Comment

Working...
                                X