President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #11536
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    can you imagine the reaction if obama acted to punitively sanction a social media platform like this? yikes!

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18027

      #11537
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Seems like a real libertarian would be up in arms about this.
      No kidding. It would be nice to have one around here.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18791

        #11538
        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        No kidding. It would be nice to have one around here.
        I dunno. I lean Libertarian, but all libertarians I know take it too far to the ideological extreme.

        Comment

        • Non Sequitur
          Where did I put my bodkin
          • Nov 2008
          • 5773

          #11539
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          No kidding. It would be nice to have one around here.
          This is what it's come to? Using executive orders to settle personal beefs? The guy is a rabid dog...
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #11540
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Oh come on, man. You literally think he is a human breast? TDS!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #11541
              Also, lol at Trump who freaked the fuck out over the executive order that created DACA (since the DREAM Act has been in political gridlock for approximately 20 years), which was to get work permits to undocumented people (so they can work, go to college, you know- human shit) who were brought here as young children and are basically indistinguishable from other Americans in every other meaningful way.

              No, Donald- this is a way more justifiable use of the president's power of executive order, which you used to rend your garment over daily. What an asshole.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Northwestcoug
                Cocked and Loaded
                • May 2011
                • 18027

                #11542
                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I dunno. I lean Libertarian, but all libertarians I know take it too far to the ideological extreme.
                My jab was directed to our resident fake libertarian

                I know a few of us around here lean that way. And I agree that once you identify as a libertarian, it is difficult to curb it's extremist temptations.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #11543
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Seems like a real libertarian would be up in arms about this.
                  If twitter wants to add editorial comments and opinions to people's posts, they can. I believe that the first amendment gives them that right. That is not the argument here. However, they now become a publisher instead of just a platform. As a publisher they now may be liable for anything that is said on their platform not to mention not fact checking them all. Twitter is dumb to do try to do this. The market is rallying but TWTR is going the opposite direction so I think a lot of folks agree.

                  BTW, if twitter doesn't get its facts straight they will be an easy target for lawsuits given their new status as a publisher:



                  Yes, they are dumb to try to "fact check" anyone's postings.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #11544
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    If twitter wants to add editorial comments and opinions to people's posts, they can. I believe that the first amendment gives them that right. That is not the argument here. However, they now become a publisher instead of just a platform. As a publisher they now may be liable for anything that is said on their platform not to mention not fact checking them all. Twitter is dumb to do try to do this. The market is rallying but TWTR is going the opposite direction so I think a lot of folks agree.

                    BTW, if twitter doesn't get its facts straight they will be an easy target for lawsuits given their new status as a publisher:



                    Yes, they are dumb to try to "fact check" anyone's postings.
                    LOL meaning Trump can immediately be dragged into court for the storage unit of libel he has saved up on Twitter? Sweet. This totally won't backfire...
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #11545
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      LOL meaning Trump can immediately be dragged into court for the storage unit of libel he has saved up on Twitter? Sweet. This totally won't backfire...
                      Yeah, good luck trying to sue the president but he does has the right to express his opinion as well.

                      LOL... Even Mark Fuckerberg thinks Twitter are a bunch of dumbasses:



                      FaceBook clearly doesn't want to be associated with those twitter dipsh*ts.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • SCcoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7625

                        #11546
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        If twitter wants to add editorial comments and opinions to people's posts, they can. I believe that the first amendment gives them that right. That is not the argument here. However, they now become a publisher instead of just a platform. As a publisher they now may be liable for anything that is said on their platform not to mention not fact checking them all. Twitter is dumb to do try to do this. The market is rallying but TWTR is going the opposite direction so I think a lot of folks agree.
                        Show your work here Ted. Where in the law would a publisher be held liable for user generated content but a platform would not?

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #11547
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Yeah, good luck trying to sue the president but he does has the right to express his opinion as well.

                          LOL... Even Mark Fuckerberg thinks Twitter are a bunch of dumbasses:



                          FaceBook clearly doesn't want to be associated with those twitter dipsh*ts.
                          lol yeah it's super dangerous to 'decide what is truth' says the guy who landed in deep shit after his platform got freaking botted out by Russian bot farms in 2016
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69706

                            #11548
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            If twitter wants to add editorial comments and opinions to people's posts, they can. I believe that the first amendment gives them that right. That is not the argument here. However, they now become a publisher instead of just a platform. As a publisher they now may be liable for anything that is said on their platform not to mention not fact checking them all. Twitter is dumb to do try to do this. The market is rallying but TWTR is going the opposite direction so I think a lot of folks agree.

                            BTW, if twitter doesn't get its facts straight they will be an easy target for lawsuits given their new status as a publisher:



                            Yes, they are dumb to try to "fact check" anyone's postings.
                            I just can't comprehend why people are opposed to mail-in ballots. We have been doing that for years in Utah (as mentioned in the tweet) and it is wonderful.

                            I don't think twitter needs to fact check trump. You can safely assume that 90% of the garbage he tweets is wrong. I guess it would make more sense to comment on the rare occasion when he happened to say something true. Blind squirrels, nuts, etc.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #11549
                              Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Show your work here Ted. Where in the law would a publisher be held liable for user generated content but a platform would not?
                              The Bloggers' FAQ on Section 230 Protections discusses a powerful federal law that gives you, as a web host, protection against legal claims arising from hosting information written by third parties. What is this "Section 230" thing anyway? Section 230 refers to Section 230 of Title 47 of the...


                              Yeah, you don't want to be viewed as a publisher (by adding editorials to your customer's content, for example). The best thing to do is to remain neutral as a platform provider.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • SCcoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7625

                                #11550
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/230

                                Yeah, you don't want to be viewed as a publisher (by adding editorials to your customer's content, for example). The best thing to do is to remain neutral as a platform provider.
                                I don't see anything in there about different protections of a publisher vs a platform.

                                Comment

                                Working...