Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Cite? Link?

It's an honest question. I've never heard of "cavemen" being a caricature of AAs. Show me.

I have another question for you. Have you repented of your homophobia and opposition to same sex marriage? Maybe you should go back and delete all those posts.
    Why not use this image as his caricature—certainly would be more pop-culturally relevant:

So, you have repented for your past racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      Why not use this image as his caricature—certainly would be more pop-culturally relevant:

So, you have repented for your past racism?
      The meme Ted is using implies black men are primitive: simple, unintelligent, under developed; belonging to a preliterate, non-industrial society. Now, referring to the Web pages for the museum, that is a stereotype that has been perpetuated in North American culture.

Comment

The meme Ted is using implies black men are primitive: simple, unintelligent, under developed; belonging to a preliterate, non-industrial society. Now, referring to the Web pages for the museum, that is a stereotype that has been perpetuated in North American culture.
        Why do you assume that cavemen are "simple, unintelligent, under developed..."? Do you have something against cavemen?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You're a piece of work. When have I ever said anything on behalf of the alt-right? Not sure I've ever said anything about them at all. Mostly, I think they should stay out of the news, like they were not so long ago. It's the left that is mostly interested in publicizing the alt-right. they are not taking over our country; on the contrary. They're miserable inconsequential lunatic fringe. What next? Are you going to accuse me of consorting with Epstein?

Yes, the left. If you don't know what that means I have a book for you to read. (Do you read books?) https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/b...-sanities.html

As Gopnik (of the New Yorker) shows, most on the left nowadays don't know what liberalism is or its role in the past 300 years of progress.

Boy, when I said lowest common denominator I was referring to garbage like this post of yours.
          If you want to call me the lowest common denominator fine, but don’t pretend your absolutist, pedantry-filled posts elevate discourse.

And if it takes a book to explain the way in which the term “the left,” has had involved into being nebulous and I’ll pass.

I genuinely do miss the old SU, the warmth and wit. Now it’s larger vocabulary talk radio stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Why do you assume that cavemen are "simple, unintelligent, under developed..."? Do you have something against cavemen?
            Their cave art is impressive

And I sure hope Chase Roberts is as advertised.

Comment

Darn right good for me because I wasn't expecting Sam Waterson on screen.
              Right. Waterson was only an Assistant DA! Nowhere near Mueller's level.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Their cave art is impressive

And I sure hope Chase Roberts is as advertised.
                Yeah, Pablo had nothing on them...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                  I'm not a lawyer, but Trump's directions to Lewandowski, Sessions, and McGahn seem to be clearly "corrupt" actions to obstruct justice.
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Nailed it. Not much more to discuss, is there?
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Well, we could continue to discuss whether those actions are illegal and not just "corrupt."

Well, we could continue to discuss whether or not Drumpf said some mean things.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Just like that noted conservative hack Alan Dershowitz.
                    Yeah, who let that hack write the introduction anyway?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• At what point will the Dems change their main platform from “impeach Trump” to something else? It’s not working and in fact seems to be hurting all 300 candidates for president.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        At what point will the Dems change their main platform from “impeach Trump” to something else? It’s not working and in fact seems to be hurting all 300 candidates for president.
                        I was under the impression that Pelosi made the pivot to defeat Trump in the election some time ago. I guess she felt the need to give the stragglers their day in court.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Attempted obstruction of justice is not a crime. There has to be an "endeavor".

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...stice-offenses

What is an endeavor? The statute says obstruction occurs where "an act" "corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice." Was there any bribe or threat here? Was justice influenced, obstructed, or impeded? Muller said he was able to complete his investigation without impediment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obstruction_of_justice

The other question is whether if there is no underlying crime--if the alleged obstructer knows he's innocent--he should be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. Here, apparently, Trump was not without reason for expressing contempt at this proceeding.

Apparently, the anti-intellectual left hasn't bothered even to research these issues; at least the CS left hasn't.
                          You don’t know what “endeavors to” means? Really?

I’ll give you a hint. It’s synonymous with “attempt.”

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/endeavor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                            You don’t know what “endeavors to” means? Really?

I’ll give you a hint. It’s synonymous with “attempt.”

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/endeavor

The US Supreme Court says they’re not synonymous. You didn’t read the DOJ memo I linked?
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

The US Supreme Court says they’re not synonymous. You didn’t read the DOJ memo I linked?
                              Right, they said “endeavor” is broader than “attempt” in that statue (meaning, it takes less to “endeavor” to obstruct than to “attempt” to obstruct).

Comment

• Hey look, the comedians agree with ya'll who were disappointed that the hearing wasn't like an episode of Law and Order and Mueller (Bobby three sticks) wasn't a real life Jack McCoy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.9278df9bcf83

Comment

Working...
                                X