President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BlueK
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 7192

    #18781
    Give Trump praise for finally putting together some trade deals like the one with Japan with 15% tariffs.

    Wait, you mean before this all started, the tariff on Japan goods was only 1.5%?

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home_lead

    Inflation is rising, but not by an extreme amount just yet. But economists are saying the full effects of tariffs haven't hit yet, but they will. Companies had time to stockpile inventory to mostly kick the can down the road on prices. Plus, although some tariffs have gone into effect, TACO has kept the majority from kicking in yet. It’s all still coming.

    Trump’s approval numbers have also been inching downward for the last several weeks to where he's now 8-10% underwater. In other areas, maga folks are hung up on his response to the Epstein issue when nothing else about Trump has ever fazed them before. He's even lost a lot of ground on the immigration issue where now the majority of Americans disapprove of his handling of what has been his strongest issue, as the excesses of ICE keep making the news and as they are more frequently harassing and going after legal immigrants, innocent tourists and even some citizens. Most Americans have never been anti-foreigner at all costs like people like Stephen Miller are. The next few months I think are not going to be good for Trump, and I wonder how crazy he will get in response.

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #18782
      lol

      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Green Monstah
        Royal Rooter
        • Aug 2010
        • 13961

        #18783
        It took me four times to see the issue. That’s hilarious.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

        Comment

        • myboynoah
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 21719

          #18784
          Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          It took me four times to see the issue. That’s hilarious.
          Yeah, his guys are sneaky.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12375

            #18785
            If Maxwell snakes her way out of prison, that is something MAGA needs to take credit for as part of its awful legacy.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69711

              #18786
              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              If Maxwell snakes her way out of prison, that is something MAGA needs to take credit for as part of its awful legacy.
              Draining the swamp!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16937

                #18787
                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                Yeah, his guys are sneaky.
                I've mentioned it before, but Rick Reilly's Commander-in-Cheat is a fascinating (but utterly unsurprising) journal about what a golf cheat Trump is. The book's introductory quote, from P.G. Wodehouse, is spot on:"To find a man's true character, play golf with him." And there are many dozens of stories and quotes from famous people confirming that Trump is a very low character individual. One my favorites stories came from former NBA coach, Mike Dunleavy, who was Trump's playing partner in a high stakes match. Dunleavy had hit a lousy approach but Trump got the green first (as always) and moved his partner's ball close to the hole before their competitors got there. Dunleavy promptly moved it back to its original position and the others witnessed it and knew what Trump had done. Trump later said, boastfully, "I knocked his ball so he could have a putt at it, but then he put it back. And that's why he's an unemployed coach and I'm worth $13 Billion. That's a great, concise summation of Trump's worldview. So nice to have an amoral dirtbag as leader of the free world.

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #18788
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                  I've mentioned it before, but Rick Reilly's Commander-in-Cheat is a fascinating (but utterly unsurprising) journal about what a golf cheat Trump is. The book's introductory quote, from P.G. Wodehouse, is spot on:"To find a man's true character, play golf with him." And there are many dozens of stories and quotes from famous people confirming that Trump is a very low character individual. One my favorites stories came from former NBA coach, Mike Dunleavy, who was Trump's playing partner in a high stakes match. Dunleavy had hit a lousy approach but Trump got the green first (as always) and moved his partner's ball close to the hole before their competitors got there. Dunleavy promptly moved it back to its original position and the others witnessed it and knew what Trump had done. Trump later said, boastfully, "I knocked his ball so he could have a putt at it, but then he put it back. And that's why he's an unemployed coach and I'm worth $13 Billion. That's a great, concise summation of Trump's worldview. So nice to have an amoral dirtbag as leader of the free world.
                  Yeah, sure, but we are electing a President, not a guy who doesn't cheat at golf!

                  Also, I recently watched a "Leave it to Beaver" episode where The Beav caddied for a golf cheat at the country club. The lesson of the episode really showed what America was and is like when it was/is great.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • BlueK
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 7192

                    #18789
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                    Yeah, sure, but we are electing a President, not a guy who doesn't cheat at golf!

                    Also, I recently watched a "Leave it to Beaver" episode where The Beav caddied for a golf cheat at the country club. The lesson of the episode really showed what America was and is like when it was/is great.
                    Unfortunately that's not the part of the 1950s MAGA cares about. They're into the part about sexism and non-white people knowing their place.

                    Comment

                    • BigPiney
                      Huge Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12367

                      #18790
                      Dropkick Murphys with a fun little song.

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37987

                        #18791
                        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        Dropkick Murphys with a fun little song.

                        I was definitely singing along by the end. Catchy.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69711

                          #18792
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          The politician who truly frightens me is Josh Hawley. Vance is someone's puppet. Hawley's dangerous because he seems to believe the stuff he says.
                          I agree he is a horrible person. But by golly, he is doing God's work here for a change.

                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69711

                            #18793


                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • myboynoah
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 21719

                              #18794
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                              I agree he is a horrible person. But by golly, he is doing God's work here for a change.



                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                              Comment

                              • BigFatMeanie
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7114

                                #18795
                                When Josh Hawley and AOC and I all agree on something, you know it's an idea whose time has come.

                                Comment

                                Working...