Ukraine - somebody explain to me

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #1381
    Time to send the troops in, Boys... Biden's sanctions aren't working.



    Feel free to move this post over to the WWIII thread.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37973

      #1382
      I'm going to feel free to ignore it, based on the source.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16936

        #1383
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I'm going to feel free to ignore it, based on the source.
        She's correct that Russian oil revenues are higher than pre-invasion, but she's wrong about everything else, including her and Ted's belief we should do nothing to impede Putin's dreams of restoring Russian empire.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69684

          #1384
          Tulsi is dumber than a bag of rocks.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37973

            #1385
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

            She's correct that Russian oil revenues are higher than pre-invasion, but she's wrong about everything else, including her and Ted's belief we should do nothing to impede Putin's dreams of restoring Russian empire.
            "Biden's sanctions". All Hail Joe Biden, President of the United States, Canada, the EU, and Australia, South Korea, Taiwan to name a few.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #1386
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Tulsi is dumber than a bag of rocks.
              They sell bags of rocks at Home Depot… you should ask them for a bag of left handed hammers and see the looks you get.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27877

                #1387
                Who would’ve thought that sanctions from only half the world on a global commodity wouldn’t kill demand
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #1388
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Who would’ve thought that sanctions from only half the world on a global commodity wouldn’t kill demand
                  And China, even after Joe giving them our emergency reserves, became Russia's top oil customer:

                  Now, four months into Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, China seems closer to Russia than ever. Chinese companies stayed in the Russian market as Western firms exited en masse. And perhaps most important, in May, Russia leapfrogged over Saudi Arabia to become China’s top oil supplier.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #1389
                    Putin must be running low on soldiers...

                    Putin Promises Russian Mothers $16K for Having Ten Children

                    Vladimir Putin is offering Russian mothers cash and an honorary title as his country faces a dwindling population.

                    The Russian leader will revive the "Mother Heroine" award that was first established under Soviet leader Josef Stalin in 1944, which was given to more than 400,000 women before being scrapped after the fall of the USSR in 1991.

                    Under the decree issued on Monday, a one-off payment of one million rubles ($16,400) will be "awarded to a mother who is a citizen of the Russian Federation, who has given birth to and brought up ten or more children who are citizens of the Russian Federation."
                    [...]
                    The United Nations has predicted that in a worst-case scenario Russia's population could almost halve by the start of the next century.


                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #1390
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Time to send the troops in, Boys... Biden's sanctions aren't working.



                      Feel free to move this post over to the WWIII thread.
                      Don't we have a Russian propaganda thread we can move this to?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #1391
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post

                        Don't we have a Russian propaganda thread we can move this to?
                        I did suggest to the mods they are free to move this to the WWIII thread.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18786

                          #1392
                          This is an interesting article about a foreign unit fighting in Ukraine, lead by Georgian fighters. They initially came to Ukraine in 2016 and warned that Russia would be invading Ukraine as they did Georgia. They believe Russia's goal is to take back all ex-Soviet territory.

                          The leader was boasting back in June how they hadn't lost a single soldier, but then lost a Brazilian fighter (sniper), killed in an airstrike when he was visiting another battalion.

                          And they need more weapons and equipment. The West needs to do more and step up.

                          Comment

                          • Bo Diddley
                            Senior
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 18786

                            #1393
                            Another article talking about where Ukraine stands six months in. If we're serious, we need to do more. I believe the Russian threat pivots on this fight. Let's not blow this!

                            Ukraine also lacks resources for any quick reclamation of its territory, with Barrons estimating it could take well into next year to amass a force capable of driving the Russians out.

                            “It can only do it if the West provides political will, money at about $5 to 6 billion a month, weapons like long-range artillery, the ammunition that supports that artillery and then enables the logistics and medical support that allows Ukraine to build a million-strong army,” said Barrons, co-chair of the consulting group Universal Defence & Security Solutions.

                            Comment

                            • Goatnapper'96
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10924

                              #1394
                              Reports are Ukraine's much talked about offensive to retake Kehrson region has started.

                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

                              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

                              Comment

                              • BigPiney
                                Huge Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12365

                                #1395
                                Go Ukraine!!

                                Comment

                                Working...