The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CardiacCoug
    вот так штука
    • Nov 2008
    • 11013

    #7771
    Agreed PAC and that's why it was so important to rein in Obama legislating unilaterally by way of executive order, pulling off extrajudicial drone-strike killings of Americans in foreign countries, etc.

    Obama is a good and sane person but there is no guarantee the next guy will be the same and some of the stuff Obama had done sets a horrible precedent.

    Look what the Internet age and direct democracy has wrought. Obama was the first iteration of this and has been fine but now there is a very real chance we are going to end up with an insane demogogues.

    Comment

    • frank ryan
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12371

      #7772
      I thought this add was effective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #7773
        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        I thought this add was effective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA
        Yes. During the DNC Convention they had a similar ad with just the horrible things he's said about women. I had to mute so my daughters playing in the corner wouldn't here.

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #7774
          I side with Jill Stein on most 2016 Presidential Election issues


          Candidates you side with...

          [COLOR=#334866 !important]90%
          Jill Stein Green

          on criminal, domestic policy, healthcare, social, science, and electoral issues.
          compare answers


          [COLOR=#334866 !important]89%

          Hillary Clinton Democratic

          on criminal, domestic policy, social, healthcare, science, education, foreign policy, and electoral issues.
          compare answers


          [COLOR=#334866 !important]75%[/COLOR]
          Gary Johnson Libertarian

          on domestic policy, immigration, social, foreign policy, and electoral issues.
          compare answers


          [COLOR=#334866 !important]19%[/COLOR]
          Donald Trump Republican

          on immigration issues.
          compare answers


          [COLOR=#334866 !important]16%[/COLOR]
          Darrell Castle Constitution

          on immigration issues.
          compare answers


          [/COLOR]
          [/COLOR]

          I got the immigration thing with Trump because I don't think that undocumented aliens should have access to subsidized health insurance.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15665

            #7775
            Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            I did, last election. But he's not running now, and now the GOP is even further away from the the party I tepidly supported four years ago. So I'm going to do my small part to keep Trump away from the presidency.

            Hillary 2016!
            Why did you write him in when he was on the ballot?
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18026

              #7776
              Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Why did you write him in when he was on the ballot?
              Because I wrote in Mitt "the only one who can save us" Romney.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #7777
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

                I got the immigration thing with Trump because I don't think that undocumented aliens should have access to subsidized health insurance.
                What a weird question. That's not even at issue. They should have asked about US vs. Arizona and US vs. Texas or something. Of course, I wouldn't expect Trump to be versed in anything relevant, so it's not like he'd have answered...
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21141

                  #7778
                  Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Because I wrote in Mitt "the only one who can save us" Romney.
                  I actually did write in Mitt, but it wasn't in 2012.

                  Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #7779
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #7780
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      What a weird question. That's not even at issue. They should have asked about US vs. Arizona and US vs. Texas or something. Of course, I wouldn't expect Trump to be versed in anything relevant, so it's not like he'd have answered...
                      ISideWith.com
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • SCcoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7625

                        #7781

                        Comment

                        • myboynoah
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 21719

                          #7782
                          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Because I wrote in Mitt "the only one who can save us" Romney.
                          That. Is. Awesome!

                          And still true today.

                          Write in Mitt!!!
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                          Comment

                          • Sleeping in EQ
                            Philosopher of Men
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4188

                            #7783
                            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            I know a little bit about chess, but help us out professor.
                            Unlike other competitive activities, chess' ties to the world of politics are not simply symbolic. Russian chess is as serious as a heart attack. Lenin referred to chess as the Russian national pastime and the Soviets used chess to demonstrate their superiority over the West for decades. Chess was a major propaganda tool.

                            During the Cold War, chess was all wrapped up in international espionage. During Fisher's rise, even Kissinger and Nixon were caught up in it. When Fisher defeated Spassky, there were real political consequences in Russia.

                            Is Putin playing chess? Russians would say, "Of course he is."
                            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18026

                              #7784
                              Donald Trump has children whom he loves. Does he really need to wonder why I did not speak?


                              After all of the insane things he's said to fire up his base over the past year, could his insult of an immigrant be the thing that finally trips him up? I think that would be some good irony.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • Moliere
                                One man.....one pie
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 27880

                                #7785
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html

                                After all of the insane things he's said to fire up his base over the past year, could his insult of an immigrant be the thing that finally trips him up? I think that would be some good irony.
                                I doubt it will trip him up, just like all the other crap he's spewed none of it makes a difference. He will still get destroyed in the election in November.

                                I do find it ironic that this immigrant family is going after Trump. I understand they are Muslim immigrants, but Hillary is part of the reason their son died in the Iraq war. Hillary voted for that war and Trump has been very public, even back then, about not supporting the Iraq war.

                                I still continue to find the Democrats support of Muslims confounding. I understand they want to protect a minority group from discrimination, which is admirable, but Muslim treatment of women and gays pales in comparison to how Mormons treat those groups....and yet Democrats drag Mormons through the mud for what we do/believe. It's odd and two-faced.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                                Comment

                                Working...