Obamacare cost...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #691
    Originally posted by calicoug View Post
    The government isn't buying phones for people. It is reimbursing cell phone companies less than $10 a month.
    Cool. I need to get me some Obama phones...


    Confession: You’re paying my phone bill. In the past month, I have received three shiny new cell phones, courtesy of American taxpayers, that should never have fallen into my hands. The Federal Com…


    And some say he is the worst president ever.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #692
      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      Two points: 1) you're putting a lot of faith in markets in a system where they really just don't work that well much of the time and 2) while I agree that the best conservatives just differ in their preferred method of helping the poor, I suspect there are a fair number who really do have small hearts. Or at least, blissfully ignorant ones.

      Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      1) The market doesn't work in health care because we don't let it. When the cost of every service in every hospital and office s available on the internet and cost matters to patients -- and prices still stay astronomically high -- then you can tell me the market doesn't work.

      2) Sure, we agree about that.
      Last edited by CardiacCoug; 09-01-2013, 02:22 PM.

      Comment

      • CardiacCoug
        вот так штука
        • Nov 2008
        • 11013

        #693


        So let me get this straight.

        Sounds like all this lady who makes $50K per year had to do was hang on to her admittedly expensive $800/month health insurance for a few more months and she could have had her other hip replaced. She knew she needed another operation and decided to drop her insurance anyway without getting this taken care of.

        Now she is pissed that she has no insurance and the hip replacement will cost $15K and she can't afford it. Her friends are doing a fundraiser for her. WTF? I swear sometimes I feel like we need single payer health care for the simple reason that most people are idiots.

        Comment

        • calicoug
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 1556

          #694
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Cool. I need to get me some Obama phones...


          Confession: You’re paying my phone bill. In the past month, I have received three shiny new cell phones, courtesy of American taxpayers, that should never have fallen into my hands. The Federal Com…


          And some say he is the worst president ever.

          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          That settles it. Whoever put the phone program in place must be the worst president ever.

          Somebody call Reagan on a free phone to notify him.

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #695
            Originally posted by calicoug View Post
            That settles it. Whoever put the phone program in place must be the worst president ever.

            Somebody call Reagan on a free phone to notify him.
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1378079167.584773.jpg

            Reagan rocks for giving us free cell phones!

            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • calicoug
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1556

              #696
              More good Obamacare news... per the Kaiser Foundation premiums released so far are lower than expected (and quite a bit lower than CBO projections which many Republicans derided as ridiculously optimistic projections).

              http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files....rketplaces.pdf

              Many more states yet to provide their data, but the analysis is based on all 17 states plus DC which have submitted data and the trends look quite good.

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #697
                Revenge of the Gen X/Y'ers... throw the baby boomers (i.e. the retirees) to the medicare exchanges:

                Insurance exchanges are the health-care experiment du jour. Retirees are the test case.

                The latest indication: Media-company Time Warner Inc. plans to move its U.S. retirees from company-administered health plans to private exchanges, according to a person familiar with the matter. The company will allocate funds in special accounts that retirees can use to go shop for coverage, the person said.

                The news comes as International Business Machines Corp. also plans to move about 110,000 of its own retirees off its company-sponsored health plan to a Medicare insurance exchange.


                President Barack Obama's health-care overhaul calls for such exchanges, which will go live next month
                [...]
                http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...451763800.html

                It will never happen, however. Obama said otherwise:

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Eddie
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 8098

                  #698
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Revenge of the Gen X/Y'ers... throw the baby boomers (i.e. the retirees) to the medicare exchanges:


                  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...451763800.html

                  It will never happen, however. Obama said otherwise:

                  Well...in his defense, he may technically be correct.

                  He said that nothing in this new law would REQUIRE a person to change, or REQUIRE an employer to change.

                  What he didn't understand at the time is that employers are always reacting to market forces in an effort to increase the bottom line and/or simply stay in business. And that while they may not be REQUIRED to change things based on his health care law, it made business sense to do so. (And realistically, some businesses may have had to make the changes to stay in business - which is kind of like being required but kind of not.)

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #699
                    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    Well...in his defense, he may technically be correct.

                    He said that nothing in this new law would REQUIRE a person to change, or REQUIRE an employer to change.

                    What he didn't understand at the time is that employers are always reacting to market forces in an effort to increase the bottom line and/or simply stay in business. And that while they may not be REQUIRED to change things based on his health care law, it made business sense to do so. (And realistically, some businesses may have had to make the changes to stay in business - which is kind of like being required but kind of not.)
                    So Obama won't save us?!?
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Maximus
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 6024

                      #700
                      Obamacare is great.

                      Comment

                      • imanihonjin
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3772

                        #701
                        Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        Crap...if they had just consulted with cali he could have told them that all they need to do in order to save those jobs is cut spending in other areas.

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #702
                          Trader Joe's will end health benefits for part-timers...

                          http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...exchanges.html

                          Instead, Trader Joe's will give them $500 to help offset the costs of buying their own insurance. That's nice.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Katy Lied
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 9435

                            #703
                            Not trader joes! Don't they pay their workforce like, 32 bucks an hour?

                            $500 won't get you much of any insurance coverage for your family.



                            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #704
                              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              Not trader joes! Don't they pay their workforce like, 32 bucks an hour?

                              $500 won't get you much of any insurance coverage for your family.
                              But Obamacare is going to make health insurance practically "free" for everyone. Just ask Cali. This is like putting $500 extra in their pockets.

                              When trader joes opened here in DFW about 100 people lined up to see what all the excitement was about. They had that "poppy rave" music and everything.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • dabrockster
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 10951

                                #705
                                Congress's Exemption from Obamacare:

                                Prostitution. Bribery. Blackmail. Thuggery. Hypocrisy. Those were just some of the incendiary words thrown around the U.S. Senate last week, and that doesn’t count what people said in private. The …

                                Comment

                                Working...