No announcement yet.

The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to some. No police officers were killed in this kerfuffle, but hulk did get away.

Comment

• We continue to see the good that was brought about by the Baltimore riots. Murder rates have spiked as a result of a friendlier police force. Because the police department gave the people what they wished for, the pea-brained mayor has fired the Baltimore police chief.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• These are the types of officers that give all officers a bad name and make the law enforcement's job more difficult.

http://news.yahoo.com/da-too-early-k...71406087.html#

I have encountered officers like this many times over. The last thing in the world that guys like this officer need is a badge and gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
          These are the types of officers that give all officers a bad name and make the law enforcement's job more difficult.

I have encountered officers like this many times over. The last thing in the world that guys like this officer need is a badge and gun.
          A quick temper and perhaps having a bad day is a bad combination with a gun, even if it is a police officer.

I do have a question in my mind though. If I refuse to get out of the car at the officers request, anyone know what policemen are taught is the proper procedure to handle such a situation?

I know police now call off hot pursuits so as not to endanger the public. If I have committed a minor offense as this lady seems to have done, should at some point the officer just let the person go because it isn't worth a major confrontation over a minor infraction?

Comment

• He should have never requested her to get out of the car. I presume he did so because he asked her to put out her cigarette and she refused. This after baiting her by asking her "if everything was okay" because she "seemed irritated". He invited the the escalated confrontation.

Comment

These are the types of officers that give all officers a bad name and make the law enforcement's job more difficult.

That's awesome.

He pulls her over for failing to use a turn signal. Seriously?

When she is irritated (and my assumption is he wants her to be thankful for the warning rather than giving her a citation) that she was pulled over for changing lanes to make way for the officer, he gets upset and threatens to pull her from the vehicle. He pulls his stun gun and threatens to shoot her with it. He cuffs her and wrestles her to the ground. And eventually, when she resists, he arrests her for assault? Just. Awesome.

Out of curiosity - why was he putting cuffs on her if he wasn't going to arrest her? Because from what I'm reading, the assault didn't happen until after the cuffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                That's awesome.

When she is irritated (and my assumption is he wants her to be thankful for the warning rather than giving her a citation) that she was pulled over for changing lanes to make way for the officer, he gets upset and threatens to pull her from the vehicle. He pulls his stun gun and threatens to shoot her with it. He cuffs her and wrestles her to the ground. And eventually, when she resists, he arrests her for assault? Just. Awesome.

Out of curiosity - why was he putting cuffs on her if he wasn't going to arrest her? Because from what I'm reading, the assault didn't happen until after the cuffs.
                She died in jail. Not awesome.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  She died in jail. Not awesome.
                  JL, I am pretty sure he was being ironic.

Comment

JL, I am pretty sure he was being ironic.
                    Yeah, I am aware of that. Just adding my own commentary.

But thanks for looking out for me.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Yeah, I am aware of that. Just adding my own commentary.

But thanks for looking out for me.
                      :thumbsup:

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        That's awesome.

lol. not what happened.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          lol. not what happened.
                          What happened?

Comment

What happened?
                            You could just read the linked story, but I'll play along. He didn't pull her out of the car because she was irritated, he pulled out of the car because she was refusing his orders. I'm not saying the officer is justified, but Eddie's description was most certainly not an accurate description of the events.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

You could just read the linked story, but I'll play along. He didn't pull her out of the car because she was irritated, he pulled out of the car because she was refusing his orders. I'm not saying the officer is justified, but Eddie's description was most certainly not an accurate description of the events.
                              Oh brother. He asked her to put out her cigarette. She asked why. He then immediately ordered her to step out of the car. Yeah, she was being a little difficult, but the cop was being an a-hole by any standards. I would say Eddie's description is more accurate than yours.

https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos...10168/?fref=nf

Comment

His "order" was for her to "please" extinguish a cigarette she was smoking in her car which she refused to do so, correctly stating she was in her own vehicle. At that point, he ordered her to step out of her car and she refused and it escalated from there. Highly doubtful he was issuing a lawful order. This guy was an idiot and it won't end well for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X