The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Yeah, who would have guessed that Biden prays or even believes in God... unless his god is satan.
    Um, what?
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Um, what?
      I was going to add this meme for you...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Chicago cops may be required to get permission before chasing a criminal...

Chicago police may soon need supervisor’s OK to chase suspects on foot, mayor says
        [...]
        Police officers in Chicago may soon require permission from a supervisor before pursuing a suspect on foot, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Tuesday.

Lightfoot promised to disclose details “soon” about a police policy change, Fox 32 Chicago reported.

“No one should die as a result of a foot chase,” the mayor said.
        [...]
        https://nypost.com/2021/04/21/chicag...on-foot-mayor/

Hey, maybe the Chicago police should just let Captain 'Rona Destroyer' catch the criminals!

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-22-2021, 07:48 AM.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Would what happened to George Floyd ever happen to a white person? I can't conceive it. If I get pulled over the worst thing that would go through my mind is crap, Im getting a speeding ticket. There are others who look different to whom that happens and they're dealing with thoughts that something much worse could be about to happen. That's just sad.

And I mean just regular folks who haven't done anything wrong other than possibly drive a few miles over the speed limit. Think of the poor folks in Colorado, including children who were forced to lie face down on the asphalt for over an hour because the cops misread the license plate. That ordeal didn't even end for those people even after they showed the cops threir registration proving they owned the car and therefore couldn't be stolen. Again, that treatment wouldn't happen to white people, especially not to children.
          Last edited by BlueK; 04-22-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Would what happened to George Floyd ever happen to a white person? I can't conceive it. If I get pulled over the worst thing that would go through my mind is crap, Im getting a speeding ticket. There are others who look different to whom that happens and they're dealing with thoughts that something much worse could be about to happen. That's just sad.

And I mean just regular folks who haven't done anything wrong other than possibly drive a few miles over the speed limit. Think of the poor folks in Colorado, including children who were forced to lie face down on the asphalt for over an hour because the cops misread the license plate. That ordeal didn't even end for those people even after they showed the cops threir registration proving they owned the car and therefore couldn't be stolen. Again, that treatment wouldn't happen to white people, especially not to children.
            tony timpa?
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              My position on the Chauvin trial. I spend a significant portion of my life representing individuals pro bono who are indigent and have traditionally been despised by our society and have no other advocate willing to do what I’m doing for them (there is no constitutional right to Habeas counsel). These have been Blacks on death row. For me, the principle that everyone is entitled to due process is sacred. The test of our commitment to this principle is our willingness to give due process to widely reviled defendants. I think it’s wrong for the President to have been partisan in this trial, and to have reacted like a sports fan to the result. I am humble enough, and believe in the system enough, to say that I’m not the one to judge whether Chauvin murdered George Floyd. If the jury says so, that’s the way it is. Absent the Rule of Law, we are nothing. There are many examples of that ongoing worldwide. However, I’m glad there is a system of appellate courts, because with the President’s and others’ conduct including the media, I am not convinced Chauven received a fair trial. I don’t see how that could possibly have happened. The heroes in the immediate part of this are the lawyers who agreed to defend him.
              tyfys
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Would what happened to George Floyd ever happen to a white person? I can't conceive it. If I get pulled over the worst thing that would go through my mind is crap, Im getting a speeding ticket. There are others who look different to whom that happens and they're dealing with thoughts that something much worse could be about to happen. That's just sad.

Does Scott Norberg count?

Comment

• Interestingly, the WaPo has a database of every fatal police shooting in the US since January 2015. I recognize the fact that George Floyd was not shot by police and thus the situation is not exactly comparable but the WaPo database on police shootings is instructive when discussing policing and race.

Of all the shootings in the WaPo database, 46.3% of the deceased were white. 24% black, 17% hispanic, and the remainder other/unknown.

So, I think that it's fairly safe to extrapolate that, yes, white folks can be and are mistreated by police up to and including being murdered by them. We can also extrapolate that black folks are disproportionately mistreated by police as a percentage of population.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

tony timpa?
                    There are equivalents to many of the anecdotal incidents. Timpa is surprising in the degree of overlap in similarity. In some ways maybe worse.

In the shooting of kids, Peyton Ham.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      Interestingly, the WaPo has a database of every fatal police shooting in the US since January 2015. I recognize the fact that George Floyd was not shot by police and thus the situation is not exactly comparable but the WaPo database on police shootings is instructive when discussing policing and race.

Of all the shootings in the WaPo database, 46.3% of the deceased were white. 24% black, 17% hispanic, and the remainder other/unknown.

So, I think that it's fairly safe to extrapolate that, yes, white folks can be and are mistreated by police up to and including being murdered by them. We can also extrapolate that black folks are disproportionately mistreated by police as a percentage of population.
                      whites commit suicide by cop at vastly higher rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

tony timpa?
                        Nothing to see here... Tony was on drugs and stuff.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You need to get out more, look up Daniel Shaver.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

You need to get out more, look up Daniel Shaver.
                            this is the most disturbing one. the video is horrible. cop gets temporarily rehired so he gets his pension and then medically retires because of the ptsd he had from killing an unarmed guy. easy to act tough with "you're fucked" and "melon labia" shit on your gun, but i guess it's less easy to actually pull the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

this is the most disturbing one. the video is horrible. cop gets temporarily rehired so he gets his pension and then medically retires because of the ptsd he had from killing an unarmed guy. easy to act tough with "you're fucked" and "melon labia" shit on your gun, but i guess it's less easy to actually pull the trigger.
                              You and I don't agree on many things, but on this we agree. That cop is piece of shit. He was just itching to kill someone before it actually happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

You and I don't agree on many things, but on this we agree. That cop is piece of shit. He was just itching to kill someone before it actually happened.
                                Hah - I didn't realize until just now that the cop was a returned LDS missionary piece of shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X