2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

    I wear slides at home, and strides outside. My tendonitis has started turning into fasciitis, so now I am relegated to walking on pillows for awhile. They are super comfy. But if you have a mean spouse like I do, you'll hear her singing 'marshmallow man' in place of 'particle man' by They Might be Giants when you're on a hike, because the width of the sole is substantial

    I used to wear my Olukai's all the time, but that was before the tendonitis kicked in and I started wearing shoes with orthotics. If I ever beat the various forms of 'itis' in my foot, I'll go back to Olukai's.
    Doing the things that marshmallow can!

    You're wife, despite being canadian, seems great!

    Leave a comment:


  • Northwestcoug
    replied
    Originally posted by falafel View Post

    I have the Oofos Slides. My daughter made tons of fun of me until she learned her entire XC team had them and has since asked me to buy them for her. Oofos makes very comfy shoes.

    For a more "island" feel (?), I just bought some Olukai shoes that are ridiculously comfy. They have some collapsable heel that turns them into "slippers" (I miss MarkGrace).
    I wear slides at home, and strides outside. My tendonitis has started turning into fasciitis, so now I am relegated to walking on pillows for awhile. They are super comfy. But if you have a mean spouse like I do, you'll hear her singing 'marshmallow man' in place of 'particle man' by They Might be Giants when you're on a hike, because the width of the sole is substantial

    I used to wear my Olukai's all the time, but that was before the tendonitis kicked in and I started wearing shoes with orthotics. If I ever beat the various forms of 'itis' in my foot, I'll go back to Olukai's.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    I'm not that old but pretend I am when I slip on my Slip-Ins.
    Probably about Tony Romo's age.

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Oofos strides. You’re welcome.
    I have the Oofos Slides. My daughter made tons of fun of me until she learned her entire XC team had them and has since asked me to buy them for her. Oofos makes very comfy shoes.

    For a more "island" feel (?), I just bought some Olukai shoes that are ridiculously comfy. They have some collapsable heel that turns them into "slippers" (I miss MarkGrace).

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post


    You can get away with footwear more casual than the attire, if done right, but never the other way around.
    Oxfords are for suits/tuxedos only. Derbys arefor attire less casual than a suit (slacks w sport coat, etc).

    Bugs me to no end when I see a dude rocking a sport jacket and 5 pocket pants/jeans and he’s wearing oxfords.
    I think you are nuts. A nice sports coat, some nice dark denim (maybe raw), and some walnut AE Strands look great.

    Don't forget that I remember when you advocated wearing socks that looked like a bad Cosby sweater.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donuthole
    replied
    Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

    A quick scan of my Elders Quorum today showed at least half a dozen Sketchers step-ins, including one dude that rocked a charcoal grey pair that matched his suit. I was wearing my typical dress shoes.

    In formal or semi-formal, I'll wear oxfords. I'm about 70/30 with the Sketchers when it comes to business casual. They're just ridiculously comfortable.

    You can get away with footwear more casual than the attire, if done right, but never the other way around.
    Oxfords are for suits/tuxedos only. Derbys arefor attire less casual than a suit (slacks w sport coat, etc).

    Bugs me to no end when I see a dude rocking a sport jacket and 5 pocket pants/jeans and he’s wearing oxfords.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    I used to mock anyone who wore Sketchers. Now I'm a penitent convert. I still wear dress shoes to church, usually Cole Haan.

    Leave a comment:


  • LVAllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Holy crap! Are you all older than creekster?
    A quick scan of my Elders Quorum today showed at least half a dozen Sketchers step-ins, including one dude that rocked a charcoal grey pair that matched his suit. I was wearing my typical dress shoes.

    In formal or semi-formal, I'll wear oxfords. I'm about 70/30 with the Sketchers when it comes to business casual. They're just ridiculously comfortable.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moliere
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    I'm not that old but pretend I am when I slip on my Slip-Ins.

    Leave a comment:


  • Copelius
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    Sketchers Slip-Ins are the new Velcro shoes. Please don’t ask me how I know. I’ll bet they can be had in an all white temple-ready version.
    Lots of Sketchers slip-ons in the temple workers including among members of presidencies.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Holy crap! Are you all older than creekster?
    I'm not that old but pretend I am when I slip on my Slip-Ins.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moliere
    replied
    Holy crap! Are you all older than creekster?

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

    Something we agree on! Found them at my local Sams Club.

    Leave a comment:


  • LVAllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    Sketchers Slip-Ins are the new Velcro shoes. Please don’t ask me how I know. I’ll bet they can be had in an all white temple-ready version.
    Something we agree on! Found them at my local Sams Club.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaka
    replied
    Bingo. Several other all-white styles available for our geriatric feet.

    211042_WHT_HERO_LG.jpg

    Leave a comment:

Working...