2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #196
    Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

    What do you think he's been doing in Florida for the last few years? He's auditioning with BS red meat for the worst of the worst of the GOP base.
    During the campaign, he will attack Trump. DeSantis is smart and will do it in a way that sways significant portions of the MAGA crowd.

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #197
      Originally posted by Shaka View Post

      During the campaign, he will attack Trump. DeSantis is smart and will do it in a way that sways significant portions of the MAGA crowd.
      But he'll still be all in on the trumpesque, own the libs style culture war. No me gusta.

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15666

        #198
        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

        wtf is going on in that pic? Why isn't Trump hugging the flag?
        Because of the yellow fringe, probably.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • BigFatMeanie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7114

          #199
          Originally posted by All-American View Post

          Because of the yellow fringe, probably.

          Comment

          • Maximus
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 6023

            #200
            Originally posted by Shaka View Post

            During the campaign, he will attack Trump. DeSantis is smart and will do it in a way that sways significant portions of the MAGA crowd.
            yes, desantis will be able to swade the maga crowed away from trump

            right. the ever charming desantis

            Comment

            • Shaka
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 10450

              #201
              Originally posted by Maximus View Post

              yes, desantis will be able to swade the maga crowed away from trump

              right. the ever charming desantis
              I get that you don't like him. Trump will be easy to campaign against. Age, inability to act presidential, and poor behavior on social media will be DeSantis' first salvo.

              Comment

              • Clark Addison
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10310

                #202
                While I am not going to vote for either of them, I will admit that I am very interested in seeing the Trump-DeSantis battle play out. I really hope there are no backdoor deals for one of them to pull out for the good of the party or something.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69711

                  #203
                  Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                  I get that you don't like him. Trump will be easy to campaign against. Age, inability to act presidential, and poor behavior on social media will be DeSantis' first salvo.
                  None of this seems to matter to trump's base. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25268

                    #204
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                    None of this seems to matter to trump's base. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                    It certainly doesn't matter to a portion of his base. But Shaka was a part of Trump 's base at one point, and he seems like he understands that Trump isn't a viable option moving forward. How many other former Trumpers are in the same boat? Like you say, it will be interesting.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • USUC
                      Chronic Poseur
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 8794

                      #205
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                      None of this seems to matter to trump's base. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                      I kind of think the GOP is screwed until Trump physically exits this mortal coil. The GOP media machine is so codependent on Trump, I'm not sure how you break away from it. Look at all that has come out of the Dominion lawsuit in regards to Fox News. Caught red handed and nothing has changed.

                      I kind of hope that DeSantis and Trump can just duke it out and take each other down, leaving someone like Youngkin to jump in. But the base is just so Trumpy and the "conservative" media is dependent on them being Trumpy for their survival.


                      Comment

                      • Omaha 680
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 11181

                        #206
                        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        While I am not going to vote for either of them, I will admit that I am very interested in seeing the Trump-DeSantis battle play out. I really hope there are no backdoor deals for one of them to pull out for the good of the party or something.
                        A predicate to such a backdoor deal would be Trump actually caring about the party...or anything beyond himself.


                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12376

                          #207
                          Shaka voted for him, but I don't think he was ever a core supporter or die-hard MAGA person.

                          Comment

                          • frank ryan
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12376

                            #208
                            A Florida legislature has introduced legislation to ban the democratic party.

                            DeSantis is spearheading a fucked up environment, where they state has gerrymandered to hell.

                            Comment

                            • frank ryan
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12376

                              #209
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                              None of this seems to matter to trump's base. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                              Trump has made himself into a cult leader and he holds that sway over a significant amount of people.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69711

                                #210
                                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                A Florida legislature has introduced legislation to ban the democratic party.
                                Link?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...