Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #871
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post

    The Dems are in a tight spot in 3 years. Biden is not popular and with inflation concerns heightening his popularity will stay low. If he doesn't run, will they push Harris to the nomination? She's a terrible candidate with a bad recorda nd will hav ethe stench of Biden's inflationary economy on her. The Repubs should easily take the White House if they nominate a half-decent candidate.
    I am afraid the Dems are going to put Drumpf back in the white house... although even Drumpf would most likely be an improvement over Joe.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Bo Diddley
      Senior
      • Jul 2012
      • 18786

      #872
      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

      I am afraid the Dems are going to put Drumpf back in the white house... although even Drumpf would most likely be an improvement over Joe.

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #873
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post

        The Dems are in a tight spot in 3 years. Biden is not popular and with inflation concerns heightening his popularity will stay low. If he doesn't run, will they push Harris to the nomination? She's a terrible candidate with a bad recorda nd will hav ethe stench of Biden's inflationary economy on her. The Repubs should easily take the White House if they nominate a half-decent candidate.
        Three years is an eternity in politics. So much will happen before then.
        Last edited by beefytee; 11-03-2021, 11:10 AM.

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #874
          Originally posted by beefytee View Post

          Three years is an eternity in politic. So much will happen before then.
          Yes, Joe Biden could completely wipe the Democratic Party off the face of the earth by then.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37973

            #875
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

            I am afraid the Dems are going to put Drumpf back in the white house... although even Drumpf would most likely be an improvement over Joe.
            I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump ran as a Dem either. Dude is all over the place and is already endorsing Democrats.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Clark Addison
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10303

              #876
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post

              The Dems are in a tight spot in 3 years. Biden is not popular and with inflation concerns heightening his popularity will stay low. If he doesn't run, will they push Harris to the nomination? She's a terrible candidate with a bad recorda nd will hav ethe stench of Biden's inflationary economy on her. The Repubs should easily take the White House if they nominate a half-decent candidate.
              Maybe I am a starry-eyed optimist, but I don't think inflation will be a big issue in the 2024 campaign. Which is not to say that Biden & Harris don't have plenty of other issues.

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18786

                #877
                I really don't see how you tie inflation to Joe Biden unless you blame everything on Democrats anyway.

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27875

                  #878
                  Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I really don't see how you tie inflation to Joe Biden unless you blame everything on Democrats anyway.
                  It’s politics. Anything that happens is Biden’s fault, just like everything that happened under trump was trumps fault.

                  inflation is beginning to be a problem for businesses. Whether it stays a problem will be seen. More and more reports are saying that this inflation is not transitory.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • BigFatMeanie
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7113

                    #879
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post

                    I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump ran as a Dem either. Dude is all over the place and is already endorsing Democrats.
                    Yup - he's endorsing Democrats against Republicans whom he wants to attack because they haven't shown him enough fealty. He's got to be one of the most twisted and evil persons in politics in recent history.

                    Comment

                    • Katy Lied
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 9435

                      #880
                      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                      Yup - he's endorsing Democrats against Republicans whom he wants to attack because they haven't shown him enough fealty. He's got to be one of the most twisted and evil persons in politics in recent history.
                      Please no more Trump. The longer he hangs out on the fringes, the longer it will take the GOP to right the ship.

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #881
                        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        I really don't see how you tie inflation to Joe Biden unless you blame everything on Democrats anyway.
                        The current President owns the economy no matter how much of a hand they have in it. The GOP’ers are having a good time pointing out how Biden trillion dollar spending bills will make inflation worse. In some ways they are right…



                        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-03-2021, 09:53 AM.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Northwestcoug
                          Cocked and Loaded
                          • May 2011
                          • 18013

                          #882
                          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

                          Please no more Trump. The longer he hangs out on the fringes, the longer it will take the GOP to right the ship.
                          Don’t worry. Ted assured us that Trump would most likely be an improvement over Biden.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

                          Comment

                          • Goatnapper'96
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10924

                            #883
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                            The current President owns the economy no matter how much of a hand they have in it. The GOP’ers are having a good time pointing out how Biden trillion dollar spending bills will make inflation worse. In some ways they are right.
                            I think the Democrats are going to try to turn the big spending bill/human infrastructure/BuildBackBetter into a signaling opportunity. I thought the Democrats could get Manchin on board, and maybe they will, but the decision to put the 4 weeks family leave back into it causes me to wonder if the Democrats have concluded Manchin isn't coming on board so just try to use it as some opportunity to virtue signal.

                            I do hope the bill for the infrastructure passes, I want to get spend some of it to deploy fiber optics.

                            In any case I think it is darker right now for Democrats than it will be next November, this is just a really difficult time to be POTUS, but there is no degree of difficulty adjustment for mid-terms.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

                            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #884
                              WTF! The good people of Virginia have elected a gun toting, white supremacist black woman as their new Lt. Gov... What the hell is happening in Virginia?





                              And what happens in Virginia...



                              So more gun toting, white supremacist black women are going to be elected?

                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • BigPiney
                                Huge Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12364

                                #885
                                The pandering of candidate photos with rifles is something I just don’t understand.

                                Comment

                                Working...