Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LVAllen
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 3273

    #1666
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

    They got enough to get some subpoenas to drag lots of other folks in to confirm the Big Guy gets his 10%.
    That's not enough to interrupt the judge at lunch, much less get a subpoena issued.



    "Are you aware of any wrongdoing by Vice-President Biden?" "No, I'm not aware of any."
    "Based on everything you saw, heard, and observed, did you have any knowledge of Joe Biden having any involvement with Burisma?" "No"

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #1667
      Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

      That's not enough to interrupt the judge at lunch, much less get a subpoena issued.



      "Are you aware of any wrongdoing by Vice-President Biden?" "No, I'm not aware of any."
      "Based on everything you saw, heard, and observed, did you have any knowledge of Joe Biden having any involvement with Burisma?" "No"
      Sounds like Joe called a favor to his friend Hillary to threaten to break someone’s legs or neck if the didn’t stop talking… “Don’t f*** with a Biden.”

      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #1668
        crazy that his hapless, bumbling idiocy is all just deep cover for his real sinister crime syndicate leadership
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • LVAllen
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 3273

          #1669
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

          Sounds like Joe called a favor to his friend Hillary to threaten to break someone’s legs or neck if the didn’t stop talking… “Don’t f*** with a Biden.”

          Right on schedule, UT realizes that he can't convince anyone based on the lack of evidence, so he does a side-step and tries to claim that the reason there's no evidence of wrongdoing is because Biden must have covered it up or intimidated witnesses. Of course, he won't have any evidence of that, either. On to the next culture war topic before you can be expected to defend your nonsense on this topic!

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #1670
            Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

            Right on schedule, UT realizes that he can't convince anyone based on the lack of evidence, so he does a side-step and tries to claim that the reason there's no evidence of wrongdoing is because Biden must have covered it up or intimidated witnesses. Of course, he won't have any evidence of that, either. On to the next culture war topic before you can be expected to defend your nonsense on this topic!
            Those are the best conspiracies. Attempts to disprove them only end up proving them.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69706

              #1671
              Lol @ people who take UT so seriously.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18791

                #1672
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Lol @ people who take UT so seriously.
                Exactly.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #1673
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Lol @ people who take UT so seriously.
                  I actually think Ted believes most of the things he posts. He’s been at it for way too long, with way too much volume, to be doing it just for a few chuckles.

                  That is not to say that he deserves to be taken seriously, of course.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • frank ryan
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12374

                    #1674
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post

                    I actually think Ted believes most of the things he posts. He’s been at it for way too long, with way too much volume, to be doing it just for a few chuckles.

                    That is not to say that he deserves to be taken seriously, of course.
                    The illusory of truth effect is definitely a thing with people who have a limited information diet.


                    "The illusory truth effect (also known as the illusion of truth effect, validity effect, truth effect, or the reiteration effect) is the tendency to believe false information to be correct after repeated exposure.[1]This phenomenon was first identified in a 1977 study at Villanova University and Temple University.[2][3]When truth is assessed, people rely on whether the information is in line with their understanding or if it feels familiar. The first condition is logical, as people compare new information with what they already know to be true. Repetition makes statements easier to process relative to new, unrepeated statements, leading people to believe that the repeated conclusion is more truthful. The illusory truth effect has also been linked to hindsight bias, in which the recollection of confidence is skewed after the truth has been received.

                    In a 2015 study, researchers discovered that familiaritycan overpower rationality and that repetitively hearing that a certain statement is wrong can paradoxically cause it to feel right.[4] Researchers attributed the illusory truth effect's impact even on participants who knew the correct answer to begin with, but were persuaded to believe otherwise through the repetition of a falsehood, to "processing fluency".

                    The illusory truth effect plays a significant role in fields such as advertising, news media, and political propaganda."



                    Last edited by frank ryan; 08-05-2023, 07:42 AM.

                    Comment

                    • BlueK
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 7192

                      #1675
                      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

                      The illusory of truth effect is definitely a thing with people who have a limited information diet.


                      "The illusory truth effect (also known as the illusion of truth effect, validity effect, truth effect, or the reiteration effect) is the tendency to believe false information to be correct after repeated exposure.[1]This phenomenon was first identified in a 1977 study at Villanova University and Temple University.[2][3]When truth is assessed, people rely on whether the information is in line with their understanding or if it feels familiar. The first condition is logical, as people compare new information with what they already know to be true. Repetition makes statements easier to process relative to new, unrepeated statements, leading people to believe that the repeated conclusion is more truthful. The illusory truth effect has also been linked to hindsight bias, in which the recollection of confidence is skewed after the truth has been received.

                      In a 2015 study, researchers discovered that familiaritycan overpower rationality and that repetitively hearing that a certain statement is wrong can paradoxically cause it to feel right.[4] Researchers attributed the illusory truth effect's impact even on participants who knew the correct answer to begin with, but were persuaded to believe otherwise through the repetition of a falsehood, to "processing fluency".

                      The illusory truth effect plays a significant role in fields such as advertising, news media, and political propaganda."



                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_truth_effect

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #1676



                        I bet Grandpa Joe saw the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse too!
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69706

                          #1677
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post


                          I bet Grandpa Joe saw the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse too!
                          Not dementia!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37987

                            #1678
                            With all the monumental lies streaming out of Mar A Lago and on Truth Social every minute, can you imagine highlighting a claim about seeing a bridge collapse as some sort of gotcha moment?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #1679
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              With all the monumental lies streaming out of Mar A Lago and on Truth Social every minute, can you imagine highlighting a claim about seeing a bridge collapse as some sort of gotcha moment?
                              When you have absolutely nothing to fall back on, I guess you take what you can get!
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Pelado
                                Bald not naked
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 21142

                                #1680
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post

                                When you have absolutely nothing to fall back on, I guess you take what you can get!
                                I would definitely fall back (or forward) on a collapsing bridge.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

                                Comment

                                Working...