2012 Holiday Running Challenge! Who's game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluegoose
    7th round draft pick
    • Nov 2008
    • 4121

    #211
    Whoa! Happyone and Ohioblue are within .6 miles of each for second overall and Bishop Piney and I are within .1 miles of each other for 13th overall. this thing is getting intense!

    Comment

    • hostile
      lollygagger
      • Dec 2009
      • 5736

      #212
      After a week of catching up at work from the Thanksgiving weekend I'm (hopefully) back in the game. I've got a ways to go to catch up.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #213
        The people I walk with at lunch didn't want to go due to the weather, and since I didn't have my rain stuff with me, I didn't go either. I guess I'm just a wimp

        I did jog 3 miles last night.

        I love walking/jogging at night this time of year, wandering the neighborhoods. The lights seem different when you are not in a car.

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • Slim
          Straight Out the Trailer
          • Jul 2009
          • 1007

          #214
          I'm in a running slump. I run and lift and sometimes I like running more than lifting and other times I like lifting more than running. Right now I'd much rather lift and so my mileage has been pretty low.

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #215
            Originally posted by happyone View Post

            I love walking/jogging at night this time of year, wandering the neighborhoods. The lights seem different when you are not in a car.
            So true. My wife and I had a great run last night looking at all the lights. Until she twisted her ankle.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8524

              #216
              Originally posted by hostile View Post
              After a week of catching up at work from the Thanksgiving weekend I'm (hopefully) back in the game. I've got a ways to go to catch up.
              We've been on the same training schedule, it appears.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27878

                #217
                Good news, we are now out of Wyoming. It's all down hill from here...literally since we crossed the continental divide.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16936

                  #218
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Good news, we are now out of Wyoming. It's all down hill from here...literally since we crossed the continental divide.
                  The map says we've gone 1,253 miles, but the spreadsheet says 1,145. Is happyone racking up some off-balance sheet bonus miles for us?

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27878

                    #219
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    The map says we've gone 1,253 miles, but the spreadsheet says 1,145. Is happyone racking up some off-balance sheet bonus miles for us?
                    It's fixed. I was tracking miles in my QSPE and forgot that I'm not supposed to show those books to the auditors. Too bad off balance spread sheet transactions are more difficult to do these days.

                    We are still short of Cheyenne
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Parrot Head
                      Operation Hot Mother
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2322

                      #220
                      Here's a holiday decorating idea from Holabird...



                      BTW, great shoes prices at Holabird.
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

                      Comment

                      • scottie
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5247

                        #221
                        Do we edit the spreadsheet ourself? or should I PM my mileage to Moliere?

                        Comment

                        • PaloAltoCougar
                          Semper infra dignitatem
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 16936

                          #222
                          Originally posted by scottie View Post
                          Do we edit the spreadsheet ourself? or should I PM my mileage to Moliere?
                          You can do it yourself. It's surprising it's not more of a mess, but Moliere comes along and tidies things up, as needed. Welcome aboard. Get us into Nebraska.

                          Comment

                          • scottie
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5247

                            #223
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            You can do it yourself. It's surprising it's not more of a mess, but Moliere comes along and tidies things up, as needed. Welcome aboard. Get us into Nebraska.
                            Thanks, and done. It's not a lot, but next week should be good.

                            Comment

                            • PaloAltoCougar
                              Semper infra dignitatem
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 16936

                              #224
                              Thanks to a surge provided by the newcomers, we've just crossed the Wyoming/Nebraska state line. We're back on track toward averaging 68 miles or so a day, which is what we need to party on Times Square on New Years Eve. I await insights and trivia tidbits concerning the Cornhusker State.

                              Comment

                              • Joe Public
                                8.1 YPC
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 8524

                                #225
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Thanks to a surge provided by the newcomers, we've just crossed the Wyoming/Nebraska state line. We're back on track toward averaging 68 miles or so a day, which is what we need to party on Times Square on New Years Eve. I await insights and trivia tidbits concerning the Cornhusker State.
                                I've made the 454-mile drive through Nebraska on I-80 several times, following the Platte River for much of the way. Back when I was making the trek from the heartland to Provo a few times a year, the Cabela's in Sidney(?), NE was the only Cabela's showroom store in existence. That was a fun stop to break up the drive.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                                "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                                Comment

                                Working...