Coffee

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #16
    Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    I drank coffee for the first time yesterday.

    Bitter. Nasty. Totally unimpressed.

    If any of you devout Mormon folks ever consider it in the future, think again.
    Coffee beats the heck out of that Postum crap my grandma always gave me to drink. They would keep postum around for when I came over because they knew that my mother would be upset if they feed me some of their coffee.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #17
      I hate coffee.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        I also agree that coffee is disgusting.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69735

          #19
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if you were the only person on this board who hadn't tried coffee before yesterday. I would agree with those who have said you had a bad cup. Coffee can be very tasty. Give it another try, Sooner.
          Never tried it.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • beefytee
            Board eye candy
            • Mar 2009
            • 7542

            #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Never tried it.
            Ditto.

            I think it smells disgusting and I hate coffee breath.

            No Thanks.

            Comment

            • scottie
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 5247

              #21
              Caffe Ibis (out of Logan, UT), highlander grogg is the best coffee I've ever had. You can buy it at Harmon's. Thank me later.

              A sophisticated liquor flavored coffee, reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands, that does well all year long. Though difficult to describe, it has become a consistent favorite once tried!

              Comment

              • Mrs. Funk
                Lawyer Wannabe
                • Nov 2008
                • 2690

                #22
                If I liked coffee I would drink it. Ugh. Love the smell, can't stand the taste. With the amount of sugar and cream it takes to make it drinkable, I might as well drink a milkshake. I stick to chai and green teas, with the odd cup of Earl Grey. Much tastier.
                "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #23
                  Not to encourage WOW-breaking, but for those who can't stand the taste, I can't emphasize enough the difference between good and bad coffee. Bad coffee tastes bitter, good FAR less so. Bad coffee is for people just looking for a caffeine fix. It's also the cheapest and most readily available, so it's what most people try when they drink coffee. Also, dark roasts taste much more bitter than light roasts. Dark roast coffee has its fans, but most true coffee snobs go light roast because the bitter taste overwhelms the flavor.
                  If you get a good coffee with a light roast, freshly ground, you can drink it black. The cream (and sugar) just enhance the flavor, sort of like butter/salt on vegetables. If you want to give it a fair chance, have a friend who knows his/her coffee introduce you.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • woot
                    Resident Science Cop
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5531

                    #24
                    There's one thing I wish everyone would understand about coffee: extra-dark roast coffee is like a well-done steak; if the coffee is bad enough that you need to cook it that much, it's not good enough to consume in the first place. Coffee joints don't need to find decent beans, because their consumer base doesn't mind them burning the shit out of them. Go find an expensive Kenyan light roast, and then drink it without anything else in it. It still won't immediately grab you, as coffee, like most anything of value, is an acquired taste. But you should at least notice the complexity of flavors that lies beneath the bold veneer.

                    Comment

                    • Solon
                      Lost in the flood
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5747

                      #25
                      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      Not to encourage WOW-breaking, but for those who can't stand the taste, I can't emphasize enough the difference between good and bad coffee. Bad coffee tastes bitter, good FAR less so. Bad coffee is for people just looking for a caffeine fix. It's also the cheapest and most readily available, so it's what most people try when they drink coffee. Also, dark roasts taste much more bitter than light roasts. Dark roast coffee has its fans, but most true coffee snobs go light roast because the bitter taste overwhelms the flavor.
                      If you get a good coffee with a light roast, freshly ground, you can drink it black. The cream (and sugar) just enhance the flavor, sort of like butter/salt on vegetables. If you want to give it a fair chance, have a friend who knows his/her coffee introduce you.
                      I'm an espresso guy. All the caffeine and flavor distilled to a tiny little cup. It's efficient.
                      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #26
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I hope she doesn't offer you heroin!
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • RC Vikings
                          Known Heterosexual
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8789

                          #27
                          Coffee tastes good sitting in a little cafe at 2am after drinking beer the previous 3 or 4 hours, other than that it sucks.

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #28
                            Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            Coffee tastes good sitting in a little cafe at 2am after drinking beer the previous 3 or 4 hours, other than that it sucks.
                            I want the full story here. Was it in Paris? After a bike race?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #29
                              Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              I want the full story here. Was it in Paris? After a bike race?
                              Nothing that cool or romantic. Our Saturdays nights in Boise would consist of checking out the young adult dance early and quickly getting bored with that, heading downtown to the bar district and having some brews inside and brawts outside from the street vendors and then heading to a cafe to drink coffee until late. We would always get up early enough the next day to make it to church. I'm was one of those examples of why they want these RM's to get married quickly after getting home.

                              Comment

                              • creekster
                                It is NOT a monkey!
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22661

                                #30
                                Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                Nothing that cool or romantic. Our Saturdays nights in Boise would consist of checking out the young adult dance early and quickly getting bored with that, heading downtown to the bar district and having some brews inside and brawts outside from the street vendors and then heading to a cafe to drink coffee until late. We would always get up early enough the next day to make it to church. I'm was one of those examples of why they want these RM's to get married quickly after getting home.
                                Boise. Paris. Ça ne fait rien.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                                Comment

                                Working...