No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming today for a guy who went to Chile Santiago West.

He used a phrase I hadn't heard in ages.

"the missionary preaches, the spirit teaches."

I loved that one when I was on the mish.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Homecoming today for a guy who went to Chile Santiago West.

He used a phrase I hadn't heard in ages.

"the missionary preaches, the spirit teaches."

I loved that one when I was on the mish.
      This thread is for things you learned in church today, not things that you recall.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        This thread is for things you learned in church today, not things that you recall.
        I never truly learned it until today.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I never truly learned it until today.
          Slow learner?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Slow learner?
            Hardness of heart.

sigpic

Comment

• Nephite women were homemakers.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Nephite women were homemakers.
                They would get together on the first Wed of every month for "Gatherer Night".
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• I learned Mrs SMR accepted a speaking assignment for both of us to speak Sep 9.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                    They would get together on the first Wed of every month for "Gatherer Night".
                    Lol.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      I learned Mrs SMR accepted a speaking assignment for both of us to speak Sep 9.
                      Women have come a long ways in the church since I was kid. Only the Priesthood member could make committments on behalf of both spouses.

Comment

• Dry council Sunday. The only speaker, started at 9:25 and still taking at 10:15 (5 minutes over)

I caught up on the patenting debate in this thread...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I learned that speaking in Sacrament Meeting is really easy when it starts at 1pm, and you have all morning to prepare. And read CUF for inspirational nuggets to splice into the talk.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            I learned that speaking in Sacrament Meeting is really easy when it starts at 1pm, and you have all morning to prepare. And read CUF for inspirational nuggets to splice into the talk.
                            Hey, my church starts at 1. Will you be speaking in my ward (North Orem)?

I wonder what nuggets of wisdom I'll learn today...

Comment

• Today's Primerica lesson was "Love One Another." I asked the class how they know whether someone loves them. After a few answers, one girl said that her mom loves her but when she does something bad, her mom hits her with a wooden spoon.

Kind of awkward.

sigpic

Comment

• I was out in the Foyer with a couple of my kids when a lady had some blood sugar issue in the middle of sacrament meeting. Some of the doctors in the ward went out to the Foyer to help her out and they asked if anyone had any candy. I had a couple bags of fruit snacks in my pocket and offered them up. They worked and she ended up being fine, though my kids were pissed. That's what I learned today.

Comment

Working...
                                X