Which Fast Food?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10449

    #31
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Wendys always has the soggiest bun and the worst tomatoes.

    The Spicy Chicken however is delish.
    Agreed. Love the Spicey Chicken.

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10449

      #32
      Since I'm a calorie counter now I've sought out fast food that fits in my diet. My favorite so far is the low cal meal at KFC. It comes with a grilled drumstick, thigh, mash, and green beans all for around 400 calories. If you need to you can add a decent diet rootbeer for a dollar.

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #33
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        What are you getting, a junior bacon cheeseburger meal? All the substantial meals at Wendys are $6-$8 for me.
        Three things off the value meal. Usually a JBC (though I think those went up to $1.29?), fries and nuggets.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #34
          Panera Bread.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37973

            #35
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Panera Bread.
            I can't be considered fast food if you have to leave your car.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #36
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I can't be considered fast food if you have to leave your car.
              So is Subway not fast food?

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #37
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                What at Whole Foods is the same price? When I eat at Whole Foods, it usually costs me $8-$10 bucks. Wendy's costs me $3.
                It depends on what you get. Something comparable at Whole Foods to a $3 burger might be a slice of pizza or a carton of mac and cheese. These things would cost $3 or less. I know I take my kids to Whole Foods and it's the same as McDonald's almost to the penny, and I get something like Chicken Catchatori with brown rice. This includes the Italian ice cream they get for dessert. Plus, you can get wine at Whole Foods. The salad bar is huge. The food is as fast as any of the horrid places listed above.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                • John McClain
                  Comfortably Numb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 1012

                  #38
                  My doctor says I need to eat salads for lunch. Wendy's has the best salads.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #39
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    It depends on what you get. Something comparable at Whole Foods to a $3 burger might be a slice of pizza or a carton of mac and cheese. These things would cost $3 or less. I know I take my kids to Whole Foods and it's the same as McDonald's almost to the penny, and I get something like Chicken Catchatori with brown rice. This includes the Italian ice cream they get for dessert. Plus, you can get wine at Whole Foods. The salad bar is huge. The food is as fast as any of the horrid places listed above.
                    Mmmm...I would love to have a Whole Foods nearby. Sounds perfect for a lazy Saturday lunch. We have a similar format grocery store called Dorothy Lane Market, but it's just far enough away that we don't get their too often.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37973

                      #40
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      So is Subway not fast food?
                      I guess it isn't. I don't make the rules.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #41
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I guess it isn't. I don't make the rules.
                        Here is my simple rule. If you order off of a wall or menu board and your food comes within about five minutes for either dine-in or carry-out, then it's fast food.

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                          Have I already revealed the secret to the JITB tacos? According to a former 'ee that I know, they take the day's leftover meat, grind it up, add copius seasoning and serve it in the tacos. That's how they make a profit because the
                          main ingredient is something that normally would have been tossed out.
                          :bsflag:
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #43
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Chicken Catchatori with brown rice.
                            That sounds like a British Parliamentary insult. EPU & pellegrino shudder.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37973

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              Have I already revealed the secret to the JITB tacos? According to a former 'ee that I know, they take the day's leftover meat, grind it up, add copius seasoning and serve it in the tacos. That's how they make a profit because the
                              main ingredient is something that normally would have been tossed out.
                              I BELIEVE! Lordy, Lordy, I believe!
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #45
                                spicy chicken deluxe value meal with a diet coke at wendy's. good sized crispy chicken with bacon, fries, and a diet coke. $2.99

                                or, i'll get two mcdoubles with no pickles and a hot fudge sundae. $3

                                if i'm feeling spendy, i'll roll with a hot and ready pepperoni for $5.

                                ain't college life the greatest?
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...