The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you? I DON'T LIVE IN ALPINE! Never have. And I guarantee my house and lot are smaller than yours.

Anti-semitism? Hmmm... why does this sound familiar?

https://talkradio.co.uk/news/harvey-...rm-17101619786
    Never tell SU that your stuff is smaller than his, even if it's true.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Ronan is far too handsome to be the spawn of woody allen. I think that Sinatra rumor has legs.
      For the record, I'm on team SU when it comes to this issue. Mia Farrow is a psycho loon, and Woody Allen is weird, but having a fondness for young women is a completely different matter than having a fondness for young children. All that aside, your post referencing legs made me chuckle, because in Woody Allen's book he divulges that Ronan Farrow had surgery to lengthen his legs because Mia thought he wouldn't be taken seriously enough as a journalist if he was as short as we was. Just because it's funny, I want that story to be true.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

SU and NS have the right of it on this one.

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I don’t really care about this whole thing but I am glad woody Allen made “Midnight in Paris” which is one of, if not the favorite movie of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            I don’t really care about this whole thing but I am glad woody Allen made “Midnight in Paris” which is one of, if not the favorite movie of all time
            Yeah, I love that movie too.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think it’s more true that we can judge an artist’s character by the content of his work, than that we ought to judge his art by what we perceive to be the content of his character.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I think it’s more true that we can judge an artist’s character by the content of his work, than that we ought to judge his art by what we perceive to be the content of his character.
                While that may be true, what is even more true is that we can judge an artist’s art by the content of his work and his character by what we perceive to be the content of his character.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

While that may be true, what is even more true is that we can judge an artist’s art by the content of his work and his character by what we perceive to be the content of his character.
                  Even better. If only that were the world we live in.

Likewise, it is better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick.

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I finished Lovecraft County, btw. It was really good, if anyone cares.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

Even better. If only that were the world we live in.

Likewise, it is better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick.
                      So, we have a well-fed middle aged white guy calling out another well-fed middle aged white guy for being a well-fed middle aged white guy who has taken a morally authoritative stance that runs contrary to the first well-fed middle age white guy's morally authoritative stance in defence of Woody Allen ... ... Sounds like the plot of a movie. But not one Woody Allen could direct, least of all because he is massively overrated as a film maker.

To be clear, this is an issue of power (power dynamics):

"But there are some things almost all survivors want, Bedera said. "They want space from their perpetrator and they want their perpetrators to change their behavior so they cannot do this again easily, and if they're unwilling to change, they want them stripped of power."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...nt/6800198002/
                      Last edited by tooblue; 02-25-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• I like Woody Allen movies.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Here comes a third well-fed white guy to set numbers one and two straight!
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Here comes a third well-fed white guy to set numbers one and two straight!
                            We are all well fed

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              I finished Lovecraft County, btw. It was really good, if anyone cares.
                              really? I stopped at the third episode. Do I have your word it gets better?
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

really? I stopped at the third episode. Do I have your word it gets better?
                                Yes.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X