Radiohead starts recording LP8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #631
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    What the fuck? You stop by for a rare post and it isn't in the NHL thread. I'd figure we would at least get a drive by posting with the Blues up 3-2. It is setting up nicely for the Blues right now. I wouldn't be too worried about the Preds/Sharks in the next round. Although, I still think the Bolts are going to win.
    I don't want to jinx it. Besides, I didn't want to break up you and Flystripper waxing poetic about Brent Sopel and whatnot.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37975

      #632
      Am the only one that is a little disappointed in how True Love Waits came out?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Dwight Schr-ute
        Members Only
        • May 2011
        • 4917

        #633
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Am the only one that is a little disappointed in how True Love Waits came out?
        Sounds amazing.

        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37975

          #634
          Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          Ha. I guess I should have given it a few more listens.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37975

            #635
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Am the only one that is a little disappointed in how True Love Waits came out?
            Well, I guess I'm not the only one.

            But whether it was a concerted effort by the band to kick expectations or simply because Thom got bored of the guitar version, there's no escaping that Radiohead's new "True Love Waits" doesn't land like it should. Here's to hoping they return to the acoustic version—or at least play both should they tour. In the meantime, fans will still have the live version, just as always.
            "True Love Waits" finally got a studio version on the band's new album, but now it's unclear whether it was worth the wait.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #636
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Am the only one that is a little disappointed in how True Love Waits came out?
              Nah. I think it's perfect. Would have been cool on the Bends too as sort of a similar strum to High and Dry.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37975

                #637
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Nah. I think it's perfect. Would have been cool on the Bends too as sort of a similar strum to High and Dry.
                I don't necessarily think they needed to record it to sound the like the live version that has been around forever. But I was hoping that it would sound like a version of that song. This feels like a completely different song.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37975

                  #638
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I don't necessarily think they needed to record it to sound the like the live version that has been around forever. But I was hoping that it would sound like a version of that song. This feels like a completely different song.
                  Back-tracking on this comment. Love the new True Love Waits. Yes, its a different song, but its an excellent song.

                  Also, its times like these that I'm really bummed that MG and DDD aren't here anymore. This Radiohead album is excellent and keeps getting better and better.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #639
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Back-tracking on this comment. Love the new True Love Waits. Yes, its a different song, but its an excellent song.

                    Also, its times like these that I'm really bummed that MG and DDD aren't here anymore. This Radiohead album is excellent and keeps getting better and better.


                    I ordered the songbook b/c I'm still pretty stoked on this album, too.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #640
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post

                      Also, its times like these that I'm really bummed that MG and DDD aren't here anymore. This Radiohead album is excellent and keeps getting better and better.

                      DDD probably won't admit he's listened to it b/c hating TKOL so bad it soured him on Radiohead kind of became his thing. MG is in love w the album, of course.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37975

                        #641
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        DDD probably won't admit he's listened to it b/c hating TKOL so bad it soured him on Radiohead kind of became his thing. MG is in love w the album, of course.
                        That was such a goofy response to TKOL. Everybody occasionally has a bad at-bat.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #642
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          That was such a goofy response to TKOL. Everybody occasionally has a bad at-bat.
                          It wasn't even a bad album. It had like 3 challenging songs.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #643
                            Oh by the way I forgot to mention--- the other day I finally got the deluxe edition that I ordered back when the album was announced. It's pretty freaking smooth. A cool padded case with a double LP set, artwork, lyrics, cd set with bonus tracks. Probably the coolest part is it came with a section of original analog tape from one of the last 5 or so Radiohead albums. (Since OK Computer I think). I have no way to play my 3-second section, but I like to think if I put it in a machine I would get 'FITTER. HAPPIER. MORE PRODUCTIVE.' or something like that rather than a blank in-between takes section.


                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #644
                              Just got the songbook in the mail. The only one I wanted to try to play right away was True Love Waits and it was not challenging at all. I'm a little surprised. Normally Radiohead has some weird chord or change or something it throws in there that I've never played before.

                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37975

                                #645
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...