Radiohead starts recording LP8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #586
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Like, legitimately?
    Yeah. But you actually have to pay. There's a $6 download.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #587
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      are these albums terrible and stupid like TKOL? or are they worth a listen?
      Well it's just album, not albums. But you don't seem terribly into the electronic thing, so my guess is you'd be out on it.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #588
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Well it's just album, not albums. But you don't seem terribly into the electronic thing, so my guess is you'd be out on it.
        is it worse or better than TKOL? it cant be worse so I assume it is better?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #589
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          is it worse or better than TKOL? it cant be worse so I assume it is better?
          Well my low bar is not TKOL, it's Pablo. It's better than Pablo.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27899

            #590
            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Well my low bar is not TKOL, it's Pablo. It's better than Pablo.
            DDD, Pablo is short for Pablo Honey which was RAdioheads first album.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #591
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              DDD, Pablo is short for Pablo Honey which was RAdioheads first album.
              No, it was On a Friday's last album.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #592
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                DDD, Pablo is short for Pablo Honey which was RAdioheads first album.
                There is a reason grace never makes those sorts of jokes. you, however, are totally unqualified to make them!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27899

                  #593
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  There is a reason grace never makes those sorts of jokes. you, however, are totally unqualified to make them!
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #594
                    Radiohead is elbows deep in the new album. Looks like they're bringing back Lift-a live gem circa 96 to join the tracklist. I predict this album is going to be a bit more In Rainbows than TKOL.

                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #595
                      Allow me to add to this thread that four other people will probably open now that Grace is out.

                      Here's a glimpse of the future of Radiohead, Thom solo style:

                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 38003

                        #596
                        Loved it.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #597
                          I hated TKOL so much I listened to it once and have never listened to radiohead again since then (not purposely, just worked out that way).
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #598
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I hated TKOL so much I listened to it once and have never listened to radiohead again since then (not purposely, just worked out that way).
                            I know this is something you've heard before, but there are 2 or 3 really great songs on there. The rest -- meh.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #599
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              I know this is something you've heard before, but there are 2 or 3 really great songs on there. The rest -- meh.
                              i think i take them too seriously. I have been in love with that band since they started. I guess I was really mad at how bad TKOL was and also how everyone wanted to love it so badly that they falsely heaped so much praise on it. It isnt a good album especially by their standards. So I walked away.

                              as I said I only listened to it one time and I do recall enjoying at least one of the songs. Maybe you are right.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • MartyFunkhouser
                                Disciple of RNGesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18763

                                #600
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                i think i take them too seriously. I have been in love with that band since they started. I guess I was really mad at how bad TKOL was and also how everyone wanted to love it so badly that they falsely heaped so much praise on it. It isnt a good album especially by their standards. So I walked away.

                                as I said I only listened to it one time and I do recall enjoying at least one of the songs. Maybe you are right.
                                I really liked TKOL. The only 2 Radiohead albums that I enjoyed more were Kid A and In Rainbows. I'm not trying to be contrarian here. I just liked it. Probably the Alice Coltrane influence, because Alice Coltrane is awesome.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...