Radiohead starts recording LP8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #601
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I really liked TKOL. The only 2 Radiohead albums that I enjoyed more were Kid A and In Rainbows. I'm not trying to be contrarian here. I just liked it. Probably the Alice Coltrane influence, because Alice Coltrane is awesome.
    You can like it, no worries for me. I would only ask that you never reference it again in the same sentence as Kid A. I will do the same.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #602
      As a casual Radiohead fan I didn't know this one weird trick but what I learned next blew my mind...

      (Okay, really it's just an article about how Radiohead structures their business interests, e.g., individual albums have associated discrete legal entities, but I thought it was interesting)

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #603
        Speaking of Radiohead, the new album s supposed to be dropping. Any. Second. I like Radiohead. They also wrote a theme for Spectre, which ended up going with a Sam Cooke song, but whatev.

        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #604
          The brunette's guitar teacher is teaching her to play "Karma Police" and suddenly 90's* music is cool to her. I put on Kid A, and she said, "That sounds like what's coming out right now."

          "That's called innovation, my dear."


          * I know it was 2000. Don't be a bitch.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #605
            That's ok-- I figured you were referring mostly to the Bends.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Art Vandelay
              Striving for mediocrity
              • Jul 2009
              • 10516

              #606
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              You can like it, no worries for me. I would only ask that you never reference it again in the same sentence as Kid A. I will do the same.
              though technically not his last post -- he tried to tough it out for another week. It really should come as no surprise that it was mpf and his terrible unique musical tastes that drove ddd away. the king is dead....

              Comment

              • creekster
                It is NOT a monkey!
                • Nov 2008
                • 22661

                #607
                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                though technically not his last post -- he tried to tough it out for another week. It really should come as no surprise that it was mpf and his terrible unique musical tastes that drove ddd away. the king is dead....
                maybe, after over 58,000 posts (!) he simply ran out of things to say.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #608
                  Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  though technically not his last post -- he tried to tough it out for another week. It really should come as no surprise that it was mpf and his terrible unique musical tastes that drove ddd away. the king is dead....
                  mpfunk for all his quirks has pretty good taste. Compare him to someone like old_gregg for example....
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #609
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    maybe, after over 58,000 posts (!) he simply ran out of things to say.
                    He'll be back. He always comes back.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #610
                      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      He'll be back. He always comes back.
                      He is only coming back if BYU gets in to the Big12.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #611


                        New single, Burn the Witch, off of LP 9 is out. And it is very pleasing to the ear.

                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • MartyFunkhouser
                          Disciple of RNGesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18747

                          #612
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          He is only coming back if BYU gets in to the Big12.
                          So you are saying that there is no chance he ever comes back?
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

                          Comment

                          • Flystripper
                            Degenerate Gambler
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14089

                            #613
                            Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            So you are saying that there is no chance he ever comes back?
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18747

                              #614
                              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              Your anger at me is misdirected. I'd suggest directing your anger at the individuals or organization responsible for keeping a deserving BYU out of a P5 conference.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #615
                                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Your anger at me is misdirected. I'd suggest directing your anger at the individuals or organization responsible for keeping a deserving BYU out of a P5 conference.
                                Speaking of misdirected, how's about we talk about Radiohead's forthcoming record that is supported by a stellar initial single?
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...