Radiohead starts recording LP8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #481
    Nice Moliere! We're up high as well and I'm worried about the sound because Key Arena sucks.

    Have you seen Bloom From the Basement? I'm crazy for that version. There's a good chance I've listened to it just about every day since the FTB performance. The regular live version is great as well, but with the horns it has to be among my 10 or so favorite live songs they've ever done.

    There There is also another killer live. They usually play it with three drummers (Jonny on drums, then guitar, then finishing on drums), but they've added Clive as a fourth on this tour. You should have Mrs. Moliere check out Where I End and You Begin as well. She may dig that one -- Mrs. G loves it.

    How about Feral? I'm really stoked to see that. After Bloom it's my favorite live rendition of any of the TKOL songs.

    Also noticed that they brought back Cut A Hole for Houston with some noticeable changes. The vocal loops at the end sounded pretty cool. And I think Identikit is sounding great.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27898

      #482
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Nice Moliere! We're up high as well and I'm worried about the sound because Key Arena sucks.

      Have you seen Bloom From the Basement? I'm crazy for that version. There's a good chance I've listened to it just about every day since the FTB performance. The regular live version is great as well, but with the horns it has to be among my 10 or so favorite live songs they've ever done.

      There There is also another killer live. They usually play it with three drummers (Jonny on drums, then guitar, then finishing on drums), but they've added Clive as a fourth on this tour. You should have Mrs. Moliere check out Where I End and You Begin as well. She may dig that one -- Mrs. G loves it.

      How about Feral? I'm really stoked to see that. After Bloom it's my favorite live rendition of any of the TKOL songs.

      Also noticed that they brought back Cut A Hole for Houston with some noticeable changes. The vocal loops at the end sounded pretty cool. And I think Identikit is sounding great.
      Feral was great, much better than the album version. It's another of the "weaker" ones that was just plain awesome live. I think I finally "get" TKOL, although it's no where near my favorite album.

      I actually filmed Cut A Hole with my iPhone. I'll see if I can upload the video.....well, since I'm so far away it's really just the audio that counts. I've got several others that I filmed or recorded with the Camera/Voice Notes apps.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #483
        This is the version from Houston I was listening to this weekend. It has pretty good sound.

        [YOUTUBE]ecxZbgZaFeE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • Moliere
          One man.....one pie
          • Oct 2009
          • 27898

          #484
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          This is the version from Houston I was listening to this weekend. It has pretty good sound.

          [YOUTUBE]ecxZbgZaFeE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
          That guy had better seats than me
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #485
            Well, if you're willing to stand.

            I would, but there's no way Mrs. G or the old man would go for it so we always hit the chairs.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #486
              Amazing Sounds of Orgy got its live debut tonight. Very cool. This is one of my favorite b-sides.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #487
                Skirting on the surface finally appears. Can't wait to hear it.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #488
                  Ugh. Massively disappointed in Skirting. Shit feels empty and lifeless compared to the piano version.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #489
                    Great article on Jonny in the NY Times this morning. His new recording is available through Nonesuch Records if you haven't purchased already!

                    There’s a long-if-not-particularly-proud tradition of rock musicians crossing over into the classical realm. In 1969, three years before “Smoke on the Water,” Deep Purple traded licks with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on “Concerto for Group and Orchestra,” helping pave the way for the high seriousness and bell-bottom Bach of ’70s prog-rock outfits like Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Paul McCartney released “Liverpool Oratorio,” the first of six politely received forays into notated music, in 1991. Elvis Costello recorded “The Juliet Letters” with the Brodsky Quartet in 1993; Billy Joel’s “Fantasies and Delusions,” a collection of surprisingly competent sonatas and waltzes written by Joel (who declared years earlier that he’d lost interest in pop songs) and performed by the piano man Richard Joo, came out in 2001.

                    Most of the time, these projects tend to reek of a please-call-me-William-Joel pretension — a quixotic yearning for high-cultural respect you’d think rock would have outgrown around the time Leonard Bernstein declared himself a Beatles fan. Sometimes they reek of plain old boredom — of legends, their Hall of Fame status assured, killing time between greatest-hits tours by knocking out a symphony.

                    Greenwood is an anomaly: a musician who made his name with a rock band and who is now embraced by the modern-music establishment as an actual, serious composer. The night before the Alvernia session, he was onstage in an aircraft-hangar-size room at a steel plant in Krakow, performing the minimalist composer Steve Reich’s “Electric Counterpoint” for an audience that included Reich himself, as part of a weeklong new-music festival, Sacrum Profanum. (Reich is a fan; he praises Greenwood’s decision to have the string section play with guitar picks on “Popcorn Superhet” as “the first new approach to pizzicato since Bartok.”)
                    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/ma...ewanted=1&_r=1
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Levin
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1152

                      #490
                      Got my tickets for the DC concert. Paid an arm and a leg and another arm for them, but this will be my first Radiohead concert. One of my wife's and my favorite memories together -- as simple as it sounds -- was last summer, it was hot and humid, and we'd lie in bed with the ceiling fan blowing down on us at high speed, with the lights out, while we streamed Codex on repeat through our TV, with the rainbow colors of the ghoulish limbs from the album art on the TV reflecting on the walls. Codex is probably my favorite Radiohead song and makes, by itself, TKOL one of the greatest albums.

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #491
                        Originally posted by Levin View Post
                        Got my tickets for the DC concert. Paid an arm and a leg and another arm for them, but this will be my first Radiohead concert.
                        Did you buy them from a scalper or something?

                        Actually, I'm looking at DAS right now and it doesn't even show those tickets going on sale until tomorrow. Weird.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Levin
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1152

                          #492
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Did you buy them from a scalper or something?

                          Actually, I'm looking at DAS right now and it doesn't even show those tickets going on sale until tomorrow. Weird.
                          They went on sale on Saturday and are already sold out. I bought them from StubHub, for a price that was actually much lower than on other sites for similarly placed seats.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #493
                            Originally posted by Levin View Post
                            They went on sale on Saturday and are already sold out. I bought them from StubHub, for a price that was actually much lower than on other sites for similarly placed seats.
                            Huh...that's odd. None of that information lines up with what's provided on the Radiohead site. It shows waste pre-sale yesterday (sold out) and general sale through Ticketmaster tomorrow.
                            Radiohead will be playing some shows in Australia and Japan in May and June 2027. Tickets available only by registering here.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #494
                              I do believe Commando is up tonight.

                              Got a good feeling he's going to get to hear the debut of Full Stop.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • Moliere
                                One man.....one pie
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 27898

                                #495
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I do believe Commando is up tonight.

                                Got a good feeling he's going to get to hear the debut of Full Stop.
                                Now they're naming songs after punctuation marks???
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                                Comment

                                Working...