Lost...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabrockster
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 10964

    #106
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I've been getting a little too geeky with LOST these days, listening to podcasts and reading forums. It's unbelievable how many people said they expected the nurse fooling around with the principal to be Juiliet. You dumbf***'s, Juliet is going to end up meeting Sawyer and getting coffee together. She's not going to be a tramp hooking up with a disgusting old man.
    Sounds like you ventured to the Teeny-popper LOST site..

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #107
      Another point. Back to my theory that the flash sideways is showing the characters' final destiny and that they have life lessons learned from their time on the island imprinted on them at a subconscious level... I still don't know exactly how it fits together, but I thought this played out perfectly with Ben's story. The writers showed us both stories together and once Ben made the correct decision on the island, the decision he would make on the flash sideways was already made. He had manipulative tendencies still, but he had the integrity to make the right choice (which was developed by making the right choice on the island). If he shoots the girl on the island and goes off to take another shot at being the boss of the island, then the flash sideways would have shown him dusting off Alex and taking the principal position.

      Comment

      • dabrockster
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 10964

        #108
        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Another point. Back to my theory that the flash sideways is showing the characters' final destiny and that they have life lessons learned from their time on the island imprinted on them at a subconscious level... I still don't know exactly how it fits together, but I thought this played out perfectly with Ben's story. The writers showed us both stories together and once Ben made the correct decision on the island, the decision he would make on the flash sideways was already made. He had manipulative tendencies still, but he had the integrity to make the right choice (which was developed by making the right choice on the island). If he shoots the girl on the island and goes off to take another shot at being the boss of the island, then the flash sideways would have shown him dusting off Alex and taking the principal position.

        I think you are right..

        Comment

        • scottie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5247

          #109
          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          I've been getting a little too geeky with LOST these days, listening to podcasts and reading forums. It's unbelievable how many people said they expected the nurse fooling around with the principal to be Juiliet. You dumbf***'s, Juliet is going to end up meeting Sawyer and getting coffee together. She's not going to be a tramp hooking up with a disgusting old man.
          Juliet is a doctor not a nurse right?

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #110
            Originally posted by scottie View Post
            Juliet is a doctor not a nurse right?
            Yes that's true, but I don't think that would rule out that she's not a nurse in the flash sideways. People's lives are definitely different in various ways.

            Comment

            • DrumNFeather
              Invisible Swordsman
              • Nov 2008
              • 8854

              #111
              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              I think you are right..
              Yeah, I've read theories that it is a bit of an epilogue to the show.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16940

                #112
                I liked last night's episode, and my favorite part was the school principal, previously seen as the jerk reporter in the early Die Hards and as the EPA inspector in Ghostbusters.

                Comment

                • OrangeUte
                  Max Hall hates me.
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2294

                  #113
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  He might have when he paid for her NKOTB lunch box she tried to shoplift... can't remember.
                  he touched her on the nose.

                  Comment

                  • DrumNFeather
                    Invisible Swordsman
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8854

                    #114
                    Decent episode last night. There wasn't a ton done to advance the story but we learn a little bit more about where this all might be going.

                    I think the writers are doing a very interesting thing (very intentionally I might add) as they paint Fake-Locke/Smokey in almost a sympathetic role...one which I'm sure won't last.

                    Also, Charlotte was pretty smokin when she was all dolled up.

                    I'm excited for next week's episode as it is all about Richard Alpert. So again, there won't be a lot done to advance the story next week, but it'll give us more of a firm foundation as to who he is, where he's come from, and why he has done what he has done.
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #115
                      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      Decent episode last night. There wasn't a ton done to advance the story but we learn a little bit more about where this all might be going.

                      I think the writers are doing a very interesting thing (very intentionally I might add) as they paint Fake-Locke/Smokey in almost a sympathetic role...one which I'm sure won't last.

                      Also, Charlotte was pretty smokin when she was all dolled up.

                      I'm excited for next week's episode as it is all about Richard Alpert. So again, there won't be a lot done to advance the story next week, but it'll give us more of a firm foundation as to who he is, where he's come from, and why he has done what he has done.
                      For me it was probably the weakest show of this season, but I'm still completely enthralled. Desmond locked behind the door in the submarine?

                      Comment

                      • dabrockster
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 10964

                        #116
                        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        I'm excited for next week's episode as it is all about Richard Alpert. So again, there won't be a lot done to advance the story next week, but it'll give us more of a firm foundation as to who he is, where he's come from, and why he has done what he has done.


                        Me too. I have be waiting for this episode about Richard..

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #117
                          Spoiler

                          Didn't they already reveal that he was one of the guys on the slave ship that landed on the island 400 years ago or so? Hasn't he also been referred to as Ricardus? Was that the Spanish version of Richard 400 years ago?
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #118
                            Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Spoiler

                            Didn't they already reveal that he was one of the guys on the slave ship that landed on the island 400 years ago or so? Hasn't he also been referred to as Ricardus? Was that the Spanish version of Richard 400 years ago?

                            Yes, that is right. Also, Richard was in chains on the ship. So either he was a slave or (more likely IMHO) he was captured and being held as prisoner. mutiny? His promise was to never die, so I'm thinking he was facing death, thus the exchange would have so much appeal.

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #119
                              Interesting episode last night. Glad we finally got Richard's back story. One of the things that the producers have started to do with this show is give you just enough information so you can mostly understand someone's back story or why they've made the choices they've made.

                              I wish they would've shown a little more about his evolution on the island, but that's mostly a minor complaint. Otherwise, good episode, lots to digest over the next week or so.

                              7 episodes left before the series finale.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • ewth8tr
                                Reverend of Irreverence
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2347

                                #120
                                Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                                Interesting episode last night. Glad we finally got Richard's back story. One of the things that the producers have started to do with this show is give you just enough information so you can mostly understand someone's back story or why they've made the choices they've made.

                                I wish they would've shown a little more about his evolution on the island, but that's mostly a minor complaint. Otherwise, good episode, lots to digest over the next week or so.

                                7 episodes left before the series finale.
                                I loved the episode last night and everything it revealed. I think they are borrowing from the Incarnations of Immortality series and Jacob/Locke are God/The Devil and now the candidates are potential replacements to God.

                                [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnations_of_Immortality"]Incarnations of Immortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
                                "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                                Comment

                                Working...