The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

I may be more in touch with my feminine side.
    I don't avoid RomComs because I lack sensitivity. I avoid them because they're routinely bad cinema.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Baby Reindeer series is wild. True story about a british comedian who ends up with a very tenacious stalker. 8 30-minute episodes.
      Holy crap, that got dark in a hurry.

Not for the faint of heart.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        I don't avoid RomComs because I lack sensitivity. I avoid them because they're routinely bad cinema.
        Love At First Sight did not feel like a routine RomCom.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Love At First Sight did not feel like a routine RomCom.
          I'm probably guilty of judging it by the title alone.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I'm probably guilty of judging it by the title alone.
            Guilty!
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• OK, we just finished the Ripley series. Videography was mesmerizing and production was top notch. Andrew Scott was amazing. Perfect depiction of a sociopath.

I am embarrassed to admit that around episode 2 or 3, I turned to my wife and said, "You know what? This series reminds me of a movie: The Talented Mr. Rip... Oh duh."

Spoiler for spoiler:
              The one thing that bugged me is the ending. We kept yelling at the screen for Marge for the detective to get a clue. But I guess there is a whole series of Ripley novels, so he won't be caught for a while. If ever.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I watch movies with my wife, so we can spend time together, but I don't think I would ever say we both enjoyed the same movie. She's never seen a Quentin Tarantino movie or a Martin Scorsese movie. And she hasn't seen any of the Godfather movies. So, I end up watching Outlander and Bridgerton with her.
                At least you get some soft core skin... (silver linings)
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

OK, we just finished the Ripley series. Videography was mesmerizing and production was top notch. Andrew Scott was amazing. Perfect depiction of a sociopath.

I am embarrassed to admit that around episode 2 or 3, I turned to my wife and said, "You know what? This series reminds me of a movie: The Talented Mr. Rip... Oh duh."

Spoiler for spoiler:
                  The one thing that bugged me is the ending. We kept yelling at the screen for Marge for the detective to get a clue. But I guess there is a whole series of Ripley novels, so he won't be caught for a while. If ever.

Ha!

I had totally forgotten about that movie, which I remember liking.

We need to watch this series.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Holy crap, that got dark in a hurry.

Not for the faint of heart.
                    I'm two episodes in and am just learning that the guy in the show is actually the real life guy who was stalked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

I'm two episodes in and am just learning that the guy in the show is actually the real life guy who was stalked.
                      I didn’t discover that until we had finished the series. Mind blowing.

Comment

Working...
                      X