The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18029

    #1306
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    I finished this on a recent work trip. Well-case, well-acted, and a very good script. A real mind-eff if you know what I mean. That said, I'm always frustrated at any show that requires multiple viewings to know exactly what is going on. There are definitely way too many characters (x3) and way too many plot points to really wrap your head around everything on a first viewing. But it seems to be a good story, and I'll probably go back and watch it again now that I have a better idea of what to look for. IN fact, when Season 2 drops,

    Caveat: While clack has a definite affinity for alternate universes, I generally find these time travel/space-time paradox themes to be super annoying, if not untenable, primarily because they always raise way more questions than they answer. So if you aren't into that, skip this altogether.
    I liked Dark also. But it's been a few months. I will absolutely have to watch it again before season 2, to remember what's going on.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10949

      #1307
      Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      [Spoiler]It's not just bad luck[/spoiler]
      I am swaying this way after finishing Part 2.

      I am looking forward to Part 3. It is supposed to be from the Cops perspective..


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #1308
        I just finished Norsemen on Netflix. Super stupid, but some very funny parts. Good show for absurd silliness.

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #1309
          Babylon Berlin was very good. Some gratuitous nudity for those of you that seek that sort of thing, as the lead starts off on a vice squad matter, but a very good show that makes you more than willing to look past some plot issues.

          Almost finished with Making a Murderer. Sorry, but he is only looking worse. The new attorney and her team of crack experts come up with some fairly implausible reconstructions of events in the case and, for me, just make him seem more likely to be guilty. It also occurred to me while watching that I bet a lot of the people who find Steven Avery a victim of the system were also clamoring for Kavanaugh to be drawn and quartered all the while blissfully unaware of the tension in those two positions.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #1310
            Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Babylon Berlin was very good. Some gratuitous nudity for those of you that seek that sort of thing, as the lead starts off on a vice squad matter, but a very good show that makes you more than willing to look past some plot issues.
            English language? Dubbed? The trailer shows both what looks like dubbed English and subtitled German.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #1311
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              English language? Dubbed? The trailer shows both what looks like dubbed English and subtitled German.
              German with subtitles. If there is a dubbed version I missed it.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Sullyute
                a day late/a dollar short
                • Jul 2010
                • 3308

                #1312
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                English language? Dubbed? The trailer shows both what looks like dubbed English and subtitled German.
                I second the show, very good (but not great) They do some singing in English, and there are a couple cross cultural English conversations, but 98% is subtitled.
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

                Comment

                • chrisrenrut
                  Strikes and Gutters
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 2299

                  #1313
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  English language? Dubbed? The trailer shows both what looks like dubbed English and subtitled German.
                  If it's like Dark, Netflix gives you the option of dubbed, subtitled, or even both.

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37987

                    #1314
                    Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    If it's like Dark, Netflix gives you the option of dubbed, subtitled, or even both.
                    crap. don't know which one to choose.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • chrisrenrut
                      Strikes and Gutters
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 2299

                      #1315
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      crap. don't know which one to choose.
                      I went with subtitles. Drives me less crazy than sounds not matching the mouths.

                      And German is such a beautiful language

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #1316
                        Started watching Ozark, its Breaking Bad with Jason Bateman. Not impressed so far.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69714

                          #1317
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Started watching Ozark, its Breaking Bad with Jason Bateman. Not impressed so far.
                          I liked it. Starts slow but picks up. Have not watched season 2.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12367

                            #1318
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I liked it. Starts slow but picks up. Have not watched season 2.
                            Season 2 is crazy. Only halfway through, but everything goes from bad to worse.

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #1319
                              The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

                              Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Season 2 is crazy. Only halfway through, but everything goes from bad to worse.
                              I enjoyed S2 a lot. Until the end. They may have lost me.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • dabrockster
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 10949

                                #1320
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I liked it. Starts slow but picks up. Have not watched season 2.
                                I enjoyed Season 2. Totally flipped me for a loop at the end. Or I suspected it but was hoping it wouldn’t happen.




                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...