No announcement yet.

Every other streaming service has its own thread. Streaming on Apple TV+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Stewart isn't that funny anymore. But honestly I don't think he wants to be what he used to be. He still highlights important things in our society, and for the most part he does it well. He's not as enjoyable to watch anymore, but if his first episode is an indicator of what he's turning in to be, 'clown face mask off' Stewart is better for society than 'clown face mask on' Stewart.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

CODA is fantastic. Don't miss it.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Watched it tonight. Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post

Watched it tonight. Incredible.
          Ditto. Very moving. At our previous casa our ward was connected with the deaf branch for the Bay Area and I had to work closely with the branch's leadership. I got to know multiple families with one or two hearing children and the tensions (and ultimately the love) shown in the film rang very true. And nice to see Marlee Matlin still has it--she first stirred my manhood 35 years ago in Children of a Lesser God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Fantastic doesn’t do this one justice. It’s better than fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Jon Stewart isn't that funny anymore. But honestly I don't think he wants to be what he used to be. He still highlights important things in our society, and for the most part he does it well. He's not as enjoyable to watch anymore, but if his first episode is an indicator of what he's turning in to be, 'clown face mask off' Stewart is better for society than 'clown face mask on' Stewart.
              He hasn't really been that funny for a long time. Even the later years, the Daily Show lost its way. He became far too smug and self-important. Jon Stewart was funnier before he started to believe his own hype
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The Shrink Next Door- this disturbed so much that when I figured out what it was going to be about, I couldn't watch all the episodes in the middle. Just the first few and then the comeuppance. Its the same feeling I had watching the Truman Show.

It also made me hate Paul Rudd and who hates Paul Rudd?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  The Shrink Next Door- this disturbed so much that when I figured out what it was going to be about, I couldn't watch all the episodes in the middle. Just the first few and then the comeuppance. Its the same feeling I had watching the Truman Show.

Commies maybe. Or terrorists.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Ditto. Very moving. At our previous casa our ward was connected with the deaf branch for the Bay Area and I had to work closely with the branch's leadership. I got to know multiple families with one or two hearing children and the tensions (and ultimately the love) shown in the film rang very true. And nice to see Marlee Matlin still has it--she first stirred my manhood 35 years ago in Children of a Lesser God.
                    Stirred is good - shaken would lose your EE.

Ted and Rebecca end up together
                    Keeley and Tart end up together
                    Kent and the teacher end up together
                    Brown and the witch end up together
                    Rupert divorces his new wife
                    Ted's ex want to take him back
                    Last edited by clackamascoug; 12-22-2021, 08:49 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

This will stream on Apple TV+ after a couple of weeks in the theater. I'm looking forward to it, even though adapting Shakespeare to the screen fails more often than not. I'm anxious to see Joel Cohen, Denzel and Frances McDormand take a crack at it.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Paul Rudd is a national treasure.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

This will stream on Apple TV+ after a couple of weeks in the theater. I'm looking forward to it, even though adapting Shakespeare to the screen fails more often than not. I'm anxious to see Joel Cohen, Denzel and Frances McDormand take a crack at it.
                          Thanks for the heads up. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Keeley and Tart end up together
                            I'm calling it now: Keeley and Roy break up season 3. Oi!

Comment

I'm calling it now: Keeley and Roy break up season 3. Oi!
                              yeah Roy is going to end up with the teacher in season 3.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

The Tragedy of Macbeth. I’m glad I had a primer on the story before I watched it (sailed through HS without having to read it), or else I would be been completely lost. As it was, I still struggled with the pace of the dialogue. It was a brilliant decision to film it in black and white. McDormand was great, Washington was OK, as well as the rest of the acting.

meh for me. I’m just not a Shakespeare fan.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X