Every other streaming service has its own thread. Streaming on Apple TV+

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16936

    #46
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    That was a satisfying end to the second season of Ted Lasso.
    I enjoyed it overall, but two things bother me. For those who haven't watched the finale, I'll go dark here.

    Spoiler for Things I'm mulling over:
    Keeley's rejection of Roy's six-week holiday was too brusque to be believable. She's a good person, and would/should have found a better way to modify his proposal to suit both their needs without a flat out "no, but you can go yourself." He's Roy F'ing Kent and he can have any woman he wants, but he wants her, and she ought to have treated him better than that.

    Even stranger is Nate's descent into the dark side, reflected by his hair color that got increasingly gray/white with each episode, going full gray (and evil-looking) in the fade-to-black final scene. But why he turned so strongly against Ted is just weird. Were it not for Ted, Nate would still be an unknown equipment manager. I get that he's hurt because of Roy's return, bur he's so much better off because of Ted than he was pre-Ted. Did I miss a major plot point that accounts rationally (and yes, that may be the problem) for Nate's descent? What's the explanation for Nate becoming such a dick?

    Still, I like the set-up for the final season, including Rebecca v. Rupert, Richmond v. West Ham U, Nate vs. Ted, etc. Already looking forward to it.

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18021

      #47
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

      I enjoyed it overall, but two things bother me. For those who haven't watched the finale, I'll go dark here.

      Spoiler for Things I'm mulling over:
      Keeley's rejection of Roy's six-week holiday was too brusque to be believable. She's a good person, and would/should have found a better way to modify his proposal to suit both their needs without a flat out "no, but you can go yourself." He's Roy F'ing Kent and he can have any woman he wants, but he wants her, and she ought to have treated him better than that.

      Even stranger is Nate's descent into the dark side, reflected by his hair color that got increasingly gray/white with each episode, going full gray (and evil-looking) in the fade-to-black final scene. But why he turned so strongly against Ted is just weird. Were it not for Ted, Nate would still be an unknown equipment manager. I get that he's hurt because of Roy's return, bur he's so much better off because of Ted than he was pre-Ted. Did I miss a major plot point that accounts rationally (and yes, that may be the problem) for Nate's descent? What's the explanation for Nate becoming such a dick?

      Still, I like the set-up for the final season, including Rebecca v. Rupert, Richmond v. West Ham U, Nate vs. Ted, etc. Already looking forward to it.
      yeah I agree both of those developments are kind of head-scratchers. But maybe I’m just in a forgiving mood with the resolution of Sam




      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8189

        #48
        Spoiler for Season finale plot point:
        Re: Nate's complaint about Ted not hanging the pic he gave him. Wasn't it displayed in Ted's home?

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #49

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #50
            Those are interesting thoughts from Nate/Nick, YO. I'm already looking forward to watching if Nate continues to break bad, or if redemption is in the future. The problem is Nate's perception that things that really should be harmless or benign are intended as slights against him. A lot of lessons here about how we can/should react to things in a flawed world.
            Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 10-11-2021, 08:47 AM.

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18021

              #51
              Thanks for posting that, YO. I had forgotten a few of those details. Nate is one of the more interesting characters in a sea of broken people in Ted Lasso. I liked the episode where he finally got the table by the window for his parents' anniversary, and his dad was still dismissive of him. He's dealing with a lot, and it will be interesting to see where he lands in season 3.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69696

                #52
                Finally watched the S2 finale. Loved it. Great twist with Nate.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #53
                  I'm fine with Nate turning heel. The gray hair and black clothes is over the top but whatever. It's more weird that Jamie is now the model teammate. Way less believable that someone changes that much.

                  I don't get where they're going with the whole Roy/Keeley thing. What kind of dipshit books a 6-week vacation that starts the next day without talking to their partner who just brought on investors to start a PR firm (lol VC isn't going to invest in starting a PR firm from scratch and she already has a client base so she really doesn't need investors and if she really did she has a rich boyfriend and best friend so she could get much friendlier money)? Also she could have gone for a week or two. I don't want to see them break up in Season 3. But if they do, I'd be cool with Roy hooking up with the teacher.

                  Other things I don't want to see in Season 3. Anything else about Beard and Jane. Keeley working for Rupert because the investors are pressuring her. Rebecca and Sam hitting the tabloids when they go against Rupert. Any more Saved by the Bell-type episodes with corporate bad guys.

                  Things I do want to see in Season 3. Ted and Sassy. Both Rebecca and Sam finding a more age-appropriate partner, ideally someone who works at his new restaurant or for Keeley. More football plays in soccer. Trent Crimm working for Richmond. Nate being humbled. A new believe sign.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69696

                    #54
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    I'm fine with Nate turning heel. The gray hair and black clothes is over the top but whatever. It's more weird that Jamie is now the model teammate. Way less believable that someone changes that much.

                    I don't get where they're going with the whole Roy/Keeley thing. What kind of dipshit books a 6-week vacation that starts the next day without talking to their partner who just brought on investors to start a PR firm (lol VC isn't going to invest in starting a PR firm from scratch and she already has a client base so she really doesn't need investors and if she really did she has a rich boyfriend and best friend so she could get much friendlier money)? Also she could have gone for a week or two. I don't want to see them break up in Season 3. But if they do, I'd be cool with Roy hooking up with the teacher.

                    Other things I don't want to see in Season 3. Anything else about Beard and Jane. Keeley working for Rupert because the investors are pressuring her. Rebecca and Sam hitting the tabloids when they go against Rupert. Any more Saved by the Bell-type episodes with corporate bad guys.

                    Things I do want to see in Season 3. Ted and Sassy. Both Rebecca and Sam finding a more age-appropriate partner, ideally someone who works at his new restaurant or for Keeley. More football plays in soccer. Trent Crimm working for Richmond. Nate being humbled. A new believe sign.
                    Yeah, I was laughing about Roy's surprise trip. What a dunce. Lots of signs that that relationship might not last - which is fine by me. I kind of like Roy, but his character is a little too cartoonish for my taste.

                    I have no problem with Jamie's character being rehabbed. Clearly he had daddy issues and becoming a better person fits well within the theme of the show. Which is partly why Nate's twist was so interesting. I fully expected him to apologize at the end, but nope.

                    Can't wait for S3.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Lost Student
                      BAND!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4324

                      #55
                      Roy will definitely get with the teacher in the future. Take that to the bank.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16936

                        #56
                        Jon Stewart's new show on Apple continues to be enjoyable. The most recent episode focuses on freedom, and starts by skewering those who see mask and vaccine mandates as being oppressive, stripping us of our precious freedoms. This short clip from the show, though very NSFW, is a hilarious rip on those views.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #57
                          I watched the first episode of the Jon Stewart show. I enjoyed it but man- what a downer! I hope the subsequent episodes are a little more lighthearted.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69696

                            #58
                            Serious Jon Stewart? Pass.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21139

                              #59
                              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Jon Stewart's new show on Apple continues to be enjoyable. The most recent episode focuses on freedom, and starts by skewering those who see mask and vaccine mandates as being oppressive, stripping us of our precious freedoms. This short clip from the show, though very NSFW, is a hilarious rip on those views.

                              I think this was my favorite line:

                              They picked cotton. You just have to wear it.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37983

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Serious Jon Stewart? Pass.
                                The hour of Jon Stewart has passed. I've watched him a handful of times as a guest on shows like Colbert and he's hard to like.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...