Every other streaming service has its own thread. Streaming on Apple TV+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    TBH, I'm having a hard time sitting down to watch Ted Lasso. I have an aversion to anything soccer related.
    Not a soccer fan either, but this isn’t exactly flattering to the sport. Great show and worth putting up with the soccer involved.

Comment

TBH, I'm having a hard time sitting down to watch Ted Lasso. I have an aversion to anything soccer related.
      Do you like darts? There is an awesome scene about darts.

Comment

Schmigadoon!! I watched the first 2 episodes last night and I’m in!!

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Schmigadoon!! I watched the first 2 episodes last night and I’m in!!
          Well, hello stranger.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            If you like, or are familiar with, Broadway musicals, watch Schmigadoon, the first two episodes of which were released today (with more to follow starting next Friday. It's a very well done parody of Brigadoon and several other musicals (e.g., Music Man, Oklahoma, etc.), with several big names (Kristin Chenoweth, Alan Cumming, Keegan-Michael Key, Martin Short, etc.) and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. If, like Key's character, you hate musicals, you might still enjoy it as it mocks the genre. Four thumbs up in this household.
            OMG this show is perfect. Keegan-Michael Key is undefeated.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Schmigadoon! is incredible. I've watched both episodes twice. Excited for more. I just hope that they don't turn it into some show about the main characters finding love and getting back together. The show will be much better as a breakup show and about the death of relationships.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

So I am having a really good time with Ted Lasso. I am 5 episodes into season 1. I really am enjoying it. But has anyone talked about the blatant rip off of Major League?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  So I am having a really good time with Ted Lasso. I am 5 episodes into season 1. I really am enjoying it. But has anyone talked about the blatant rip off of Major League?
                  No. Nobody has brought that up. Probably only because Ted Lasso is better than Major League.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Loving Schmigadoon! Not a fan of musicals but I love the songs. Very clever.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post

No. Nobody has brought that up. Probably only because Ted Lasso is better than Major League.
                      Ted Lasso is really good. But there are way too many parallels to not at least bring it up.

Comment

Ted Lasso is really good. But there are way too many parallels to not at least bring it up.
                        I think if the next ringer they bring in wears dark rim glasses and goes by a nickname that is some variation of 'Wild Thing' I will definitely be back here to bring it up.

Comment

Yeah Schmigadoon failed miserably. The last episode was terrible. The last few episodes in general sucked.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yeah Schmigadoon failed miserably. The last episode was terrible. The last few episodes in general sucked.
                            I thought it was touching and I liked it. I certainly followed the pattern of musicals by being very campy and cheesy. I realize that your opinion on the ending is painted by your experience with relationships.

On another note, I'm excited for Foundation. Has there been any buzz on this?
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Ted Lasso is like a hug.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post

Ted Lasso is like a hug.
                                Kind of disappointed in Season 2. Still a good series, but not as good as Season 1.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X