Every other streaming service has its own thread. Streaming on Apple TV+

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18763

    #31
    I watched and enjoyed Season 1.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • SteelBlue
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 8190

      #32
      recently got Apple TV. Here’s what I’ve liked so far:

      Love Ted Lasso. Season 1 was best, Season 2 is good but definitely drop off.

      The Morning Show

      The Servant produced by M Night Shyamalan is good for a bit of psychological thriller/horror.

      Mr Corman written and directed by and staring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It’s definitely not for everyone but if you or someone you love suffers from depression/anxiety it’s worth watching.

      Schmigadoon- fun

      Physical- weird as hell but I ended up kind of digging it. There’s a Mormon angle in that leads me to believe a writer has some ties.

      Palmer- Movie with Justin Timberlake. Heartwarming defense of the different.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18763

        #33
        Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        recently got Apple TV. Here’s what I’ve liked so far:

        Love Ted Lasso. Season 1 was best, Season 2 is good but definitely drop off.

        The Morning Show

        The Servant produced by M Night Shyamalan is good for a bit of psychological thriller/horror.

        Mr Corman written and directed by and staring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It’s definitely not for everyone but if you or someone you love suffers from depression/anxiety it’s worth watching.

        Schmigadoon- fun

        Physical- weird as hell but I ended up kind of digging it. There’s a Mormon angle in that leads me to believe a writer has some ties.

        Palmer- Movie with Justin Timberlake. Heartwarming defense of the different.
        You haven't watched the best thing on Apple TV yet. Loved the first season of Ted Lasso, but Mythic Quest is much better.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • UVACoug
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 2685

          #34
          Ted Lasso is significantly overrated. Mr. Corman is good and a bit weird, but my favorite comedy is actually Dickinson (about Emily Dickinson). Also enjoy For All Mankind and Tehran.

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18039

            #35
            So did everyone else hallucinate episode 9 of Ted Lasso? What was I supposed to get out of that, if anything?

            im surprised some here don’t like season 2 as much as the first. We are the opposite. I think the characters have settled in the story and I just enjoy watching them more. More laughs this season for me.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69752

              #36
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              So did everyone else hallucinate episode 9 of Ted Lasso? What was I supposed to get out of that, if anything?

              im surprised some here don’t like season 2 as much as the first. We are the opposite. I think the characters have settled in the story and I just enjoy watching them more. More laughs this season for me.
              Lowest rated episode of the series. By a mile.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16940

                #37
                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                So did everyone else hallucinate episode 9 of Ted Lasso? What was I supposed to get out of that, if anything?

                im surprised some here don’t like season 2 as much as the first. We are the opposite. I think the characters have settled in the story and I just enjoy watching them more. More laughs this season for me.
                You may have read this elsewhere, but apparently with ten episodes in the can, the producers were asked to come up with two additional episodes. Rather than disrupt or extend the narrative flow of what they had assumed was a complete Season 2, they came up with episode 9 and the (earlier) Christmas episode. I enjoyed both of them but they didn't add much to the show overall.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69752

                  #38
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                  You may have read this elsewhere, but apparently with ten episodes in the can, the producers were asked to come up with two additional episodes. Rather than disrupt or extend the narrative flow of what they had assumed was a complete Season 2, they came up with episode 9 and the (earlier) Christmas episode. I enjoyed both of them but they didn't add much to the show overall.
                  That's funny. And it explains a lot. The christmas episode was bad.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Northwestcoug
                    Cocked and Loaded
                    • May 2011
                    • 18039

                    #39
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                    You may have read this elsewhere, but apparently with ten episodes in the can, the producers were asked to come up with two additional episodes. Rather than disrupt or extend the narrative flow of what they had assumed was a complete Season 2, they came up with episode 9 and the (earlier) Christmas episode. I enjoyed both of them but they didn't add much to the show overall.
                    I didn't know that. While during episode 9 I kept looking at Mrs. NWC to see if it was just me lost, we both really enjoyed the Christmas episode.

                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                    That's funny. And it explains a lot. The christmas episode was bad.
                    Bah humbug bro.

                    This is how I view the series. The entire plot is really contrived. The series would be a huge flop were it not for likeable characters and fun dialogue. It definitely focuses on character development. The story line this season is every bit as weak as the first, but it's allowing the characters room to grow. That's why I enjoy it more than the first season.

                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16940

                      #40
                      We liked the first episode of The Problem with Jon Stewart. I think he's only going to do a couple of shows of month and will try to focus on a specific issue each time, rather than a news review. The premiere episode deals with the lousy job we're doing with veterans and the terrible illnesses they're suffering from due to exposure to burn pits, the primitive means by which the military disposes of waste in Afghanistan and Iraq. Disgusting. The interviews with veterans are very moving.

                      Comment

                      • SteelBlue
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8190

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                        im surprised some here don’t like season 2 as much as the first. We are the opposite. I think the characters have settled in the story and I just enjoy watching them more. More laughs this season for me.
                        I have definitely changed my opinion on this as the season has progressed.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69752

                          #42
                          Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

                          I have definitely changed my opinion on this as the season has progressed.
                          Yeah, the last few episodes have been great.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69752

                            #43
                            Season 2 of The Morning Show is fantastic. That series alone is worth the Apple TV+ subscription.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • bluegoose
                              7th round draft pick
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4121

                              #44
                              I just got caught up last night on Ted Lasso. My wife and I have loved it. Episode 9 was bizarre. And while it wasn't my favorite, I didn't hate the Christmas episode.

                              Comment

                              • Northwestcoug
                                Cocked and Loaded
                                • May 2011
                                • 18039

                                #45
                                That was a satisfying end to the second season of Ted Lasso.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

                                Comment

                                Working...