The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Batman v Superman - Bloated and lame. Way too serious. Plot was stupid...oh wait, there was no plot. Too long. It was a good thing I had a 32oz Coke or I would have fallen asleep. Also, the reason they stopped fighting each other was possibly the lamest thing I've ever seen in an action movie...which is saying something.

The Big Lebowski - Fun flick and fun story. A bit disjointed. I fell asleep in the middle of it (while on a plane, so it was pretty slow at times since I never sleep on planes) but woke up and finished it on my return trip. Certainly not hte best Coen film but a very good one. I can see why the Dude of CS likes it.
    i think you missed the point of the big lebowski
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      Moli, the following books might help...

Good luck.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        Probably. What would you say is the point?

I got some of the philosophical vibe and really loved the Sobchak character. In fact, all the characters were awesome. I realized early on that the plot wouldn't mean much anyway, but it still could have been smoother.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The family watched Pee-wees Big Holiday last night. It was a little uneven but had some pretty funny parts. I am a big fan of Pee- Wee though.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            The family watched Pee-wees Big Holiday last night. It was a little uneven but had some pretty funny parts. I am a big fan of Pee- Wee though.
            I watched that too when it came out. I loved the first half and then it dragged a bit. Overall, I give it the thumbs up.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• lol.

I am not going to take anyone seriously who sleeps through a movie and then complains that the plot is disjointed.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                lol.

I am not going to take anyone seriously who sleeps through a movie and then complains that the plot is disjointed.
                Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• My son forced me to take him to Batman versus Superman and I thought it was pretty good actually. Of course I knew it was getting panned by the critics so had low expectations for it.

Comment

• Jungle Book. The reviews of excellent are true. Idris Alba was great as Shere Khan, a poor man's Benedict Cumberbatch. Although every time I hear his voice I always have to say "TODAY WE ARE CANCELING THE APOCALYPSE!"

I see what they did there with the cow bell in King Louie's temple.

Comment

• Once I Was a Beehive - plenty cheesy and badly written and badly acted, but I didn't hate it. In fact, the message in it was pretty good. It wasn't your cookie cutter LDS film where the nonmember concerts and everyone is happy. My 12 year old daughter also loved it if only for the funny girls camp scenes. Certainly not worth the cost to buy but it's worth the 2 hours to watch if you can find it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Once I Was a Beehive - plenty cheesy and badly written and badly acted, but I didn't hate it. In fact, the message in it was pretty good. It wasn't your cookie cutter LDS film where the nonmember concerts and everyone is happy. My 12 year old daughter also loved it if only for the funny girls camp scenes. Certainly not worth the cost to buy but it's worth the 2 hours to watch if you can find it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Have not seen it, but I think it is on Netflix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Have not seen it, but I think it is on Netflix.
                            Yeah it is. It's not bad. My 10 year old loved it.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Everybody wants some. It was definitely alright. Not overly humorous; tries just a bit too hard to be philosophical given the setting and plot, but without it, the film is hallow.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Marvel's Cash Machine-Civil War At least I think that's the official title.

Nice installment. I enjoyed it. The $1B they are set to spend for the next two major ones in '17 & '18 starring everyone should be fun if not convoluted.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X