Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #361
    Originally posted by marsupial View Post
    She is pregnant with her back to him and he just gives it to her without her knowing it is coming. The look on her face is complete shock. It seemed like a power play to me. There was nothing loving about it.
    Somewhat related tangent. As a single undergrad, in anatomy lab (professor Vandersomethin's class), I learned from the TA "that from behind, also sometimes called doggy style, is often the best way to make to love when your wife is pregnant."

    Comment

    • marsupial
      Mississippi Queen
      • Nov 2008
      • 3678

      #362
      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Somewhat related tangent. As a single undergrad, in anatomy lab (professor Vandersomethin's class), I learned from the TA "that from behind, also sometimes called doggy style, is often the best way to make to love when your wife is pregnant."
      I have no problem with the position. It was the sudden and forceful penetration without her expecting it... But apparently that "surprise attack" from behind is pretty normal, per Wuap.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

      Comment

      • clackamascoug
        Banned
        • Dec 2009
        • 9709

        #363
        You're missing the point that it was unexpected but enjoyed. As was their renewed passion thereafter in the public meeting, and car antics. Walt's aggression was a welcomed treat for a lady who acted like she couldn't get enough of the new Walt. The bed scene was the first moment of Walt taking command of his life, and his wife going along for the ride.

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #364
          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
          I have no problem with the position. It was the sudden and forceful penetration without her expecting it... But apparently that "surprise attack" from behind is pretty normal, per Wuap.
          Hey now, that's not really fair, and kind of personal. When was the last time you watched the scene? I do not see her as surprised at all. To be really clinical, I think the surprise was feeling the erection of her cancer-stricken husband. She even says, "Walt, is that you?" Before that they kissed each other, and she even put her hand on the back of his head to kiss him more closely/caress him.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • marsupial
            Mississippi Queen
            • Nov 2008
            • 3678

            #365
            Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            You're missing the point that it was unexpected but enjoyed. As was their renewed passion thereafter in the public meeting, and car antics. Walt's aggression was a welcomed treat for a lady who acted like she couldn't get enough of the new Walt.
            I don't remember anything in her face that would indicate mutual pleasure, but it has been a long time since I have seen that episode.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

            Comment

            • RC Vikings
              Known Heterosexual
              • Nov 2008
              • 8789

              #366
              I wondered during that scene if they weren't doing something that was new for both of them and this really was a new and more aggressive Walter.

              Comment

              • Art Vandelay
                Striving for mediocrity
                • Jul 2009
                • 10516

                #367
                Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                You're missing the point that it was unexpected but enjoyed. As was their renewed passion thereafter in the public meeting, and car antics. Walt's aggression was a welcomed treat for a lady who acted like she couldn't get enough of the new Walt. The bed scene was the first moment of Walt taking command of his life, and his wife going along for the ride.
                I do recall all of that now. I didn't remember thinking of it as rape; though obviously from my forgetfulness, it didn't impact me too much one way or the other. However, Anna Gunn seems to agree more with marsupial.

                is this the scene everyone is referencing?

                [YOUTUBE]WcBDWjVhg-g&has_verified=1[/YOUTUBE]
                Last edited by Art Vandelay; 07-16-2012, 01:03 PM.

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #368
                  Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I do recall all of that now. I didn't remember thinking of it as rape; though obviously from my forgetfulness, it didn't impact me too much one way or the other. However, Anna Gunn seems to agree more with marsupial.
                  No, that's about the scene in the kitchen when he knocks her into the fridge (S2:E1). I agree, that one was not consensual at all, and would've been rape had she not stopped him. Season 1 Episode 2 actually begins with the orgasm of the end of episode 1, and we see him finish, roll over and start coughing. She asks, "Are you ok?"
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • Art Vandelay
                    Striving for mediocrity
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10516

                    #369
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    No, that's about the scene in the kitchen when he knocks her into the fridge (S2:E1). I agree, that one was not consensual at all, and would've been rape had she not stopped him. Season 1 Episode 2 actually begins with the orgasm of the end of episode 1, and we see him finish, roll over and start coughing. She asks, "Are you ok?"
                    After hearing Clack's description of the honeymoon phase aftermath, and what you are describing I vaguley recall the scene. I took it to be consensual and something Skyler enjoyed. However, I reserve the right to change my opinion 180 degrees (again) upon seeing video evidence.

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #370
                      If you have Netflix, go watch the end of S1:E1 and the beginning of S1:E2.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • marsupial
                        Mississippi Queen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3678

                        #371
                        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I do recall all of that now. I didn't remember thinking of it as rape; though obviously from my forgetfulness, it didn't impact me too much one way or the other. However, Anna Gunn seems to agree more with marsupial.

                        is this the scene everyone is referencing?

                        [YOUTUBE]WcBDWjVhg-g&has_verified=1[/YOUTUBE]
                        No, I had forgotten about that scene. Gosh, Walt is an ass.

                        The scene I am thinking about is when they are in bed. Granted, I haven't seen it in a long time, but my memory tells me that he pretty much just gives it to her with little or no warning. She seems to allow it, probably because she was too surprised to stop it and because part of her was just grateful he was healthy enough to be interested in it again.

                        Certainly, a quickie can be fun now and again, but given the stress in their marriage, I think a little loving foreplay would have been good for them.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

                        Comment

                        • Art Vandelay
                          Striving for mediocrity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10516

                          #372
                          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                          No, I had forgotten about that scene. Gosh, Walt is an ass.

                          The scene I am thinking about is when they are in bed. Granted, I haven't seen it in a long time, but my memory tells me that he pretty much just gives it to her with little or no warning. She seems to allow it, probably because she was too surprised to stop it and because part of her was just grateful he was healthy enough to be interested in it again.

                          Certainly, a quickie can be fun now and again, but given the stress in their marriage, I think a little loving foreplay would have been good for them.
                          I just watched the scene on Netflix, I'm going to have to agree with wuap and Clack. Skyler was surprised, but not in a sexual assault-type way. But, in a who is this, agressive, long-forgotten he-really-wants-me, and I want him type reaction. At least that is how i perceive it.
                          Last edited by Art Vandelay; 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM.

                          Comment

                          • marsupial
                            Mississippi Queen
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3678

                            #373
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            I just watched the scene on Netflix, I'm going to have to agree with wuap and Clack. Skyler was surprised, but not in a sexual assault-type way. But, in a who is this, agressive, long-forgotten he-really-wants-me, and I want him type reaction. At least that is how i perceive it.
                            Well, I'll have to rewatch it, too. It could be that I am confusing the aggression of the refrigerator scene with that one in my mind.
                            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                            -Teenage Dirtbag

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25266

                              #374
                              Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                              Well, I'll have to rewatch it, too. It could be that I am confusing the aggression of the refrigerator scene with that one in my mind.
                              I haven't watched that episode in a long time, but my memory is that it was a "pleasantly surprised" moment for Skyler. A much different emotion than the refrigerator scene.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #375
                                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                                Skyler is one of the most annoying characters on television for me. I don't know if they mean for her to be that way, but there is nothing likable about her. There is nothing about her with which one empathizes. I understand that her world is upside down, but she seems like she has been pissed off every moment of this series and all of it has to do with either Walter not obeying her or her losing control over Walter.
                                Skyler started off WAY annoying for me. As in "I hope she gets whacked" annoying. She has since come around for me since after her freakout and subsequent chill-out. Before she was just a straight bitch ALL THE TIME. I quite like her now.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...