Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #346
    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    And funny scene when Mike and Walt were arguing about how to get to the laptop and Jesse was back there going "yo, magnets."
    No one pulls off "Yeah, bitch", like young master Pinkman.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #347
      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      No one pulls off "Yeah, bitch", like young master Pinkman.
      It reminds me of Tim at age 14.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #348
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Why is that annoying? A character doesn't have to be likable to be interesting and to provide dramatic tension. I like the character.
        Skyler has never bothered me. I think anna gunn has done a great job and I do find her character sympathetic. She's been trying to keep her family together from the beginning. Walter started out with that motivation but that went out the window several seasons ago. I want to like Mr. White, but I can't, especially now. I want Hank to catch him.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #349
          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
          Skyler has never bothered me. I think anna gunn has done a great job and I do find her character sympathetic. She's been trying to keep her family together from the beginning. Walter started out with that motivation but that went out the window several seasons ago. I want to like Mr. White, but I can't, especially now. I want Hank to catch him.
          What's funny is that last night I was thinking that Walt is getting pretty close to unredeemable, yet I still finding myself pulling for him to get away with everything.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • UtahDan
            *
            • Nov 2008
            • 14496

            #350
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Why is that annoying? A character doesn't have to be likable to be interesting and to provide dramatic tension. I like the character.
            I like the tension she provides, don't get me wrong. But does she have to be a harpy all of the time? I don't know, maybe that is part of what makes it work. It just feels like her emotional range goes from angry and withholding all the way to angry and withholding. It never really changes. Does that make sense? In a show where most of the characters manage to be multidimensional she just sort of grates. This is the best show on TV. If someone had sad "oh yeah, they want you to experience her that way" I would probably say, ah okay that makes some sense.

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #351
              Originally posted by marsupial View Post
              Skyler has never bothered me. I think anna gunn has done a great job and I do find her character sympathetic. She's been trying to keep her family together from the beginning. Walter started out with that motivation but that went out the window several seasons ago. I want to like Mr. White, but I can't, especially now. I want Hank to catch him.
              Maybe I'm just lacking in empathy. I feel like she could be a sympathetic character. It wouldn't take much more than one scene where she says "Walter, I'm worried about you" without that borderline hysterical-angry look/tone. But maybe he has just put her through too much for her to be able to summon it. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season, because the more I think about it what is bothering me is that it seems really hard to see them as a couple. As her having ever felt affection for or being fond of him.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #352
                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                Maybe I'm just lacking in empathy. I feel like she could be a sympathetic character. It wouldn't take much more than one scene where she says "Walter, I'm worried about you" without that borderline hysterical-angry look/tone. But maybe he has just put her through too much for her to be able to summon it. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season, because the more I think about it what is bothering me is that it seems really hard to see them as a couple. As her having ever felt affection for or being fond of him.
                Well, we still don't know why Walt became a teacher. Maybe therein lies the reason for how she is and why he's with her.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • RC Vikings
                  Known Heterosexual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8789

                  #353
                  I've got some questions about Ted. What are his reasons now for not saying anything?

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #354
                    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    I've got some questions about Ted. What are his reasons now for not saying anything?
                    He's scared shitless of Skyler (killing him or his family). I have a feeling a few people might be by the end of this thing.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #355
                      Saul Goodman
                      It's all good, man

                      I sure am slow. Anyone know if there's a story there?
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • marsupial
                        Mississippi Queen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3678

                        #356
                        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        Maybe I'm just lacking in empathy. I feel like she could be a sympathetic character. It wouldn't take much more than one scene where she says "Walter, I'm worried about you" without that borderline hysterical-angry look/tone. But maybe he has just put her through too much for her to be able to summon it. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season, because the more I think about it what is bothering me is that it seems really hard to see them as a couple. As her having ever felt affection for or being fond of him.
                        Maybe she hasn't spelled it out, but I think her worry about Walter is pretty evident throughout the seasons, especially the 4th season when I think she really begins to realize just how deep Walter is in it.

                        She is a strong woman and Walter in the beginning was a very weak man. She continues to be strong while he is growing into an amoral asshole. I can't forget the scene in the first season where he essentially rapes Skyler from behind (might have even been the pilot). It showed us a glimmer of this new, confident Walter White who would use his newfound power to bully others, including his wife.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #357
                          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                          Maybe she hasn't spelled it out, but I think her worry about Walter is pretty evident throughout the seasons, especially the 4th season when I think she really begins to realize just how deep Walter is in it.

                          She is a strong woman and Walter in the beginning was a very weak man. She continues to be strong while he is growing into an amoral asshole. I can't forget the scene in the first season where he essentially rapes Skyler from behind (might have even been the pilot). It showed us a glimmer of this new, confident Walter White who would use his newfound power to bully others, including his wife.
                          First: [YOUTUBE]lPY5vIjS3pM[/YOUTUBE]

                          Second: Rape? :timeout: "Walt? Is that you?" She kisses him back, puts her hand behind his head while they kiss, and then he flips her over and gets to work. If that's rape, then most men are rapists.
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #358
                            Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                            Maybe she hasn't spelled it out, but I think her worry about Walter is pretty evident throughout the seasons, especially the 4th season when I think she really begins to realize just how deep Walter is in it.

                            She is a strong woman and Walter in the beginning was a very weak man. She continues to be strong while he is growing into an amoral asshole. I can't forget the scene in the first season where he essentially rapes Skyler from behind (might have even been the pilot). It showed us a glimmer of this new, confident Walter White who would use his newfound power to bully others, including his wife.
                            I have no memory of any rape scene.
                            Last edited by Art Vandelay; 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM.

                            Comment

                            • marsupial
                              Mississippi Queen
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3678

                              #359
                              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              I have no memory of any rape scene.
                              She is pregnant with her back to him and he just gives it to her without her knowing it is coming. The look on her face is complete shock. It seemed like a power play to me. There was nothing loving about it.
                              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                              -Teenage Dirtbag

                              Comment

                              • marsupial
                                Mississippi Queen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 3678

                                #360
                                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                First: [YOUTUBE]lPY5vIjS3pM[/YOUTUBE]

                                Second: Rape? :timeout: "Walt? Is that you?" She kisses him back, puts her hand behind his head while they kiss, and then he flips her over and gets to work. If that's rape, then most men are rapists.
                                Danimal has never just flipped me over and forcefully fucked me. If that is how you have sex with your wife, I feel sorry for her.
                                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

                                Comment

                                Working...