Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maximus
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 6023

    #271
    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
    Deduction? It couldn't have been more ovbious if Walt jumped out of the tv and shouted it in your ear. He poisoned the freakin' kid.
    Spoiler for spolier:
    Wait, what kid? Remind me

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #272
      Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Spoiler for spolier:
      Wait, what kid? Remind me
      the kid:

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69718

        #273
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        I actually think that's great news.
        Agreed. Quit while you are on top.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Hsaru
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1109

          #274
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I actually think that's great news.
          Agreed, hopefully Mad Men announces an end date soon as well, though that show is less about plot than BB.

          Comment

          • BoylenOver
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 9146

            #275
            Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
            Agreed, hopefully Mad Men announces an end date soon as well, though that show is less about plot than BB.
            Season 5 is their last as well, IIRC.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

            Comment

            • Art Vandelay
              Striving for mediocrity
              • Jul 2009
              • 10516

              #276
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Season 5 is their last as well, IIRC.
              Really? I've never seen that. All the interviews I've read with Weiner, he has been very noncommital about when, or what year, MM will end with.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #277
                http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...on_gets/317944

                AMC's critically acclaimed drama, starring Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, will return July 15 at 10 p.m., the network announced today.

                So how much of the self-appointed drug kingpin and his hapless sidekick will we see?

                Eight episodes of Bad's supersized fifth and last season, currently filming on location in Albuquerque, will air on Sundays this summer, with the series' final eight episodes following in summer 2013.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37988

                  #278
                  I don't think I am going to watch any of the episodes until next summer.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #279
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I don't think I am going to watch any of the episodes until next summer.
                    it's going to suck to wait.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37988

                      #280
                      Originally posted by camleish View Post
                      it's going to suck to wait.
                      I've got other stuff to watch. I think it sucks more to wait a week between each episode, and then a whole year to finish the season.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #281
                        Landry is in this season. Nice!

                        He's also in the master, btw.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #282
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Landry is in this season. Nice!

                          He's also in the master, btw.
                          He was also in Battleship. In all fairness, I think he'll be great in BB.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #283
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I've got other stuff to watch. I think it sucks more to wait a week between each episode, and then a whole year to finish the season.
                            I'd pay $100 to watch it all at once.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #284
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              He was also in Battleship. In all fairness, I think he'll be great in BB.
                              I was trying to forget that.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • PaloAltoCougar
                                Semper infra dignitatem
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 16938

                                #285
                                Perhaps only slightly less surprising than KatyLied not having viewed Downton Abbey until recently, I had never watched an episode of Breaking Bad until last week. Mrs. PAC visits the kids without me occasionally, and when she does I start watching series I had previously missed (e.g., Downton Abbey, 24, Dexter, etc.). So I finally started watching BB when she took off last week.

                                I'm almost at the end of Season 2, but I almost bailed about 1/3 the way into the season, as watching Walter lie to so many people, him covering up the source of his treatment payments, and the grittiness of the drug underworld were nearly unbearable. But I'm glad I managed to hang in there because it's a great series, and Cranston does a superb job. I especially love Saul the lawyer, even if he's a bit too cartoonish.

                                I would understand why people wouldn't enjoy this show, or Mad Men, because they're filled with deeply flawed characters and there's often little or no uplift. But both shows are powerful studies in the shallowness of some people's lives, the consequences of bad choices, and the necessity of integrity for a life of value. Plus, they're really funny occasionally, amidst the pervading gloom.

                                Comment

                                Working...