Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69746

    #241
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I had started this a few months back, and then got busy and hadn't returned to it until last week. I finished Season 2 last night, and I think I'm prepared to say that through 2 seasons, Breaking Bad is officially the best show that I've ever watched on television. I realize that I'm a bit caught up in it right now, but the writing, the acting, the cinematography, are all as good as television gets. Every actor, (even those in bit parts), just seems perfect for their part, and I attribute a lot of that to the great writing. I can't think of even one scene where I've thought "why'd they cast that guy?"

    Thanks to all of you who have pushed this show for years. I can't wait to start season 3.
    Lucky you. It gets even better. Season 4 was my favorite.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • RC Vikings
      Known Heterosexual
      • Nov 2008
      • 8789

      #242
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Lucky you. It gets even better. Season 4 was my favorite.
      Thanks JL. So far so good.

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8190

        #243
        I don't want any spoilers, but someone please tell me that Saul Goodman is still Walt's attorney beyond season 3. That guy kills me.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69746

          #244
          Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          I don't want any spoilers, but someone please tell me that Saul Goodman is still Walt's attorney beyond season 3. That guy kills me.
          Don't worry. They would be crazy to lose a character like that.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #245
            They do reign him in a bit in season 4. Which I was glad to see, because as funny as he is in season 3, I actually thought he created some tonal problems.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • SteelBlue
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 8190

              #246
              Holy crap, I just realized that season 4 does not stream on netflix and isn't even out on dvd yet. Any suggestions on where to find it for, you know, uh, free.

              Comment

              • FMCoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 6825

                #247
                Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                Holy crap, I just realized that season 4 does not stream on netflix and isn't even out on dvd yet. Any suggestions on where to find it for, you know, uh, free.
                Search here on CUF for DapperDan's thread "groups of news".
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                Comment

                • Maximus
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6027

                  #248
                  So does anyone know when the next season starts?

                  Comment

                  • Maximus
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 6027

                    #249
                    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Holy crap, I just realized that season 4 does not stream on netflix and isn't even out on dvd yet. Any suggestions on where to find it for, you know, uh, free.
                    that looks like a days worth of links at least.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 38003

                      #250
                      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Holy crap, I just realized that season 4 does not stream on netflix and isn't even out on dvd yet. Any suggestions on where to find it for, you know, uh, free.
                      Hey SB, did you get my PM? It seems like not all of my messages are being delivered lately.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Scorcho
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 835

                        #251
                        Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
                        not sure how to phrase this without giving to much away, I'll try and tip-toe around it as to not spoil anything for those that aren't caught up.

                        Am I reading too much into the poisonous flower oleander bulbs (I believe that was the poisonous plant)?

                        There's a scene where Walt is distraught and doesn't know what to do. He's in his backyard sitting buy the pool, staring at his foliage, spinning a revolver on a glass table, when suddenly he stops like he's figured something out.

                        And then the last scene of the latest episode simply shows Walt's Pool and Backyard and a close up of said plant. I connected the two scenes as not a coincidence, and not just a shot of a pretty flower.

                        Am I right in that deduction?
                        Last edited by Scorcho; 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25276

                          #252
                          Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                          not sure how to phrase this without giving to much away, I'll try and tip-toe around it as to not spoil anything for those that aren't caught up.

                          Spoiler for Spoiler!:
                          Am I reading too much into the poisonous flower oleander bulbs (I believe that was the poisonous plant)?

                          There's a scene where Walt is distraught and doesn't know what to do. He's in his backyard sitting buy the pool, staring at his foliage, spinning a revolver on a glass table, when suddenly he stops like he's figured something out.

                          And then the last scene of the latest episode simply shows Walt's Pool and Backyard and a close up of said plant. I connected the two scenes as not a coincidence, and not just a shot of a pretty flower.


                          Am I right in that deduction?
                          Yeah, you should probably add a spoiler tag to that. I'll add that I believe you are adding 1 and 1 correctly.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #253
                            Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                            not sure how to phrase this without giving to much away, I'll try and tip-toe around it as to not spoil anything for those that aren't caught up.

                            Am I reading too much into the poisonous flower oleander bulbs (I believe that was the poisonous plant)?

                            There's a scene where Walt is distraught and doesn't know what to do. He's in his backyard sitting buy the pool, staring at his foliage, spinning a revolver on a glass table, when suddenly he stops like he's figured something out.

                            And then the last scene of the latest episode simply shows Walt's Pool and Backyard and a close up of said plant. I connected the two scenes as not a coincidence, and not just a shot of a pretty flower.

                            Am I right in that deduction?
                            Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
                            Deduction? It couldn't have been more ovbious if Walt jumped out of the tv and shouted it in your ear. He poisoned the freakin' kid.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25276

                              #254
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
                              Deduction? It couldn't have been more ovbious if Walt jumped out of the tv and shouted it in your ear. He poisoned the freakin' kid.
                              So much for my attempt at diplomacy.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • Scorcho
                                Junior Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 835

                                #255
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
                                Deduction? It couldn't have been more ovbious if Walt jumped out of the tv and shouted it in your ear. He poisoned the freakin' kid.
                                it was subtle enough that a few people I've talked with about that epsiode didn't notice it, and waved it off as nothing.

                                Comment

                                Working...