Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #331
    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
    Magnificent Seven.

    It's Yul Brynner Night on Turner Classic Movies, Westworld is next!
    Gidget was watching Criminal Minds and they had a hostage situation in a train car and the snipers were useless because they said they'd have to shoot out the window before they could shoot the guy holding everyone hostage.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • marsupial
      Mississippi Queen
      • Nov 2008
      • 3678

      #332
      Il Padrino is my only friend. My daughter was clicking around and I ended up on Surfah's page and I couldn't help but noticing that Surfah has considerably more friends than me. This made me sad.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #333
        Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        Il Padrino is my only friend. My daughter was clicking around and I ended up on Surfah's page and I couldn't help but noticing that Surfah has considerably more friends than me. This made me sad.
        Katy says she's my friend, but I think she lied.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • landpoke
          Never once baby snatched
          • Nov 2008
          • 4183

          #334
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Gidget was watching Criminal Minds and they had a hostage situation in a train car and the snipers were useless because they said they'd have to shoot out the window before they could shoot the guy holding everyone hostage.
          Well that makes sense. But when Steve McQueen is blasting away randomly at Eli Wallach's men and he takes the time to break the window before shooting it seemed a bit gratuitous.
          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

          Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

          Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
          …
          Tomorrow is Saturday
          And Sunday comes afterwards

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #335
            This always makes me laugh:

            [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #336
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              This always makes me laugh:

              [youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
              It makes me laugh as well. It's hilarious that Stewie is an evil genius, but still displays the traits of an infant.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #337
                My wife bought some underwear for my three year old that were on sale at Wal-Mart. They are Transformers themed. I'm not sure how I feel about my son having a large Decepticon logo right over his penis.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • JohnnyLingo
                  La Naranja
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3976

                  #338
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  This always makes me laugh:

                  [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOLkwrlNI-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                  I love Stewie. He is far and away the best part of that show. The idea to put Henry Higgins into an infant's body and selectively give him the traits of a toddler is fantastic.

                  Comment

                  • RC Vikings
                    Known Heterosexual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8789

                    #339
                    When the geese are flying south I often wonder if the geese in back feel like I do when I'm hanging on to a group when I ride my bike.

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #340
                      While paying at the Taco Bell drive in, I was asked to donate $1 to help fight diabetes
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37976

                        #341
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        While paying at the Taco Bell drive in, I was asked to donate $1 to help fight diabetes
                        $1!?! That's 20% of the cost of your meal! Can you imagine how that would fly at more expensive restaurants?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • il Padrino Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19161

                          #342
                          My dog's favorite snack is ice. Cubed, crushed, it doesn't matter. She loves it.
                          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #343
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            $1!?! That's 20% of the cost of your meal! Can you imagine how that would fly at more expensive restaurants?
                            I thought it was ironic that I paid $6 to contribute to me getting diabetes and only $1 to help prevent it.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #344
                              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              I thought it was ironic that I paid $6 to contribute to me getting diabetes and only $1 to help prevent it.
                              At a TJ Maxx is Las Vegas once, a lady asked me if I'd like to give $1 to "support Juvenile Diabetes." I responded, "actually, I'm totally opposed to diabetes."
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #345
                                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                                My dog's favorite snack is ice. Cubed, crushed, it doesn't matter. She loves it.
                                Pica..
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...