Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #796
    Headline from the NY Times... G.M.'s Stock Offering Recovers Billions for Taxpayers

    Cool... so when can we, the taxpayers, expect our checks?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • happyone
      Board Bookworm
      • Mar 2009
      • 5398

      #797
      It was a beautiful sunset last night. Unfortunately I was on my walk and by the time I finished it was dark, so I couldn't get a picture. At the beginning of the sunset the clouds where orange from the lake to the mountains, and as it got better from there.

      I may be small, but I'm slow.

      A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #798
        Finds wicked pleasure over the last few years of making comments on people's facebook pages whenever they talk about seeing the new Harry Potter movie or reading the last book. Someone always hasn't seen it yet, and I will post something like, "Why did Hermione have to die at the end?"

        I'm evil, but I think it's so funny to watch the responses that follow.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #799
          Reading the following article made me thankful I didn't stay in Utah Valley to raise my girls... they might have grown up to be one of those pole dancers.

          Pole Dancing Holds World Championships

          Zoraya Judd says there is nothing she would rather do than pole dance.

          [...]

          Along with Judd, of Orem, Utah, who was named the Pole Athlete of the Year 2010 by the American Pole Fitness Association, the competitors Thursday included Ana Marie Garbo, the 2008 world champion, who got her start dancing in night clubs in Manila; Chris Measday, of Australia, a competitive trampolinist who found the pole after breaking his back in five places; and Loic Lebret, a dance teacher at the prestigious Centre de Danse du Marais in Paris.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #800
            Why do my children feel the need to individually remove each and every kleenex from a box?
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #801
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Why do my children feel the need to individually remove each and every kleenex from a box?
              The reasons change after puberty.

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16936

                #802
                I am 58 years old. If I follow the example of Hugh Hefner (and why should I not?), my next wife will be born in two years.

                Comment

                • clackamascoug
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9709

                  #803
                  All 5 kids are home, and they've all reverted to being 12 years old. Caught our 25 year old drinking out of the milk jug. 22 and 18 year old girls, lay around talking about boys, and texting. 20 year old son ate half a coconut cream pie all in one sitting, and forgot to flush on his last excursion to the master bath. 14 year old daughter is status quo... Disney channel.

                  I haven't felt this warm and fuzzy for a long time.

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #804
                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    All 5 kids are home, and they've all reverted to being 12 years old. Caught our 25 year old drinking out of the milk jug. 22 and 18 year old girls, lay around talking about boys, and texting. 20 year old son ate half a coconut cream pie all in one sitting, and forgot to flush on his last excursion to the master bath. 14 year old daughter is status quo... Disney channel.

                    I haven't felt this warm and fuzzy for a long time.
                    I blame that on my kids too.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • thesaint258
                      aka Benito Hazard
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3005

                      #805
                      I really hate entering a month's worth of time all at once. I should stop being lazy...
                      Not that, sickos.

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #806
                        Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                        I really hate entering a month's worth of time all at once. I should stop being lazy...
                        Ha! Been there before. Just about every month of the year, as a matter of fact.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37983

                          #807
                          Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                          I really hate entering a month's worth of time all at once. I should stop being lazy...
                          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          Ha! Been there before. Just about every month of the year, as a matter of fact.
                          I don't know how you can possible do that. You at least keep track of it in some manner, don't you? Scraps of paper? You're not recreating it through emails and calendar entries I hope.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • thesaint258
                            aka Benito Hazard
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 3005

                            #808
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I don't know how you can possible do that. You at least keep track of it in some manner, don't you? Scraps of paper? You're not recreating it through emails and calendar entries I hope.
                            No, I have a sheet that has each hour broken into tenths. I just have to put it into the computer, and it takes forever with the program we use. Someone I know did recreate about six months worth of hours through emails, calendars, and whatever else he could get his hands on. At least I'll never be that bad.
                            Not that, sickos.

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37983

                              #809
                              Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                              No, I have a sheet that has each hour broken into tenths. I just have to put it into the computer, and it takes forever with the program we use. Someone I know did recreate about six months worth of hours through emails, calendars, and whatever else he could get his hands on. At least I'll never be that bad.
                              In my office, this is what assistants are for. Think of all the fees you could be generating for the firm if you weren't manually logging your own time!
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • thesaint258
                                aka Benito Hazard
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 3005

                                #810
                                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                In my office, this is what assistants are for. Think of all the fees you could be generating for the firm if you weren't manually logging your own time!
                                That's one of the drawbacks of a small firm. I actually get into court, but our staff (which is really undermanned) is busy doing other work. Well, the paralegal who sits in her office picking her nose while watching TV doesn't do much, but no one can really get her to work. She's billed a grand total of 40 hours this month, and some of that was billed on days she was gone. Yeah, she's a real winner.
                                Not that, sickos.

                                Comment

                                Working...