Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #646
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    The A-10 is a buttkicker. I love that nose cannon.
    A-10's are very impressive. I get to see them all of the time.

    When I was in the Army, we were playing OPFOR for an exercise and they found our position. The A-10 made several runs on us. He was right in the tree tops. That cannon looked alot bigger than 30 mm! We just stood and watched him turn on a dime and come back. I learned later that the pilot was cleared down to 50 ft. He must have made 10 runs on us. I would hate to be on the business end of that thing for real.
    Last edited by happyone; 04-17-2010, 08:21 PM.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • Scott R Nelson
      UofU/BYU mixed marriage
      • Apr 2010
      • 1508

      #647
      While driving around the north shore of Maui, we saw this sign and my wife said "Let's go see the blow horn", apparently thinking of "blow hole".


      ____________________
      Scott R. Nelson, Pleasanton, CA

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #648
        I love it when Southerners use "what" instead of "that" in sentences, like this one:

        Authorities have not confirmed that is was a tornado what hit Darlington on Sunday at ~ 7:45PM. My husband was at the local IGA when he took that picture,...that looks like a tornado to us!
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #649
          What the hell happened to Spring?
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Scott R Nelson
            UofU/BYU mixed marriage
            • Apr 2010
            • 1508

            #650
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            What the hell happened to Spring?
            It's been here in California for the past four months.

            Comment

            • statman
              Rabblerouser
              • Aug 2009
              • 2799

              #651
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Among the things that make my urine smell are:
              Asparagus
              Coffee (I know this from my pre-mission WOW violating days. It smells just like coffee!)
              Airborne vitamins
              Orange chicken from Panda Express
              Fasting
              Cheerios

              Comment

              • happyone
                Board Bookworm
                • Mar 2009
                • 5398

                #652
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                What the hell happened to Spring?
                I just wish Mother Nature would quit teasing us

                I may be small, but I'm slow.

                A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                Comment

                • happyone
                  Board Bookworm
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5398

                  #653
                  I think I could drop the dog off anywhere in Layton/Kaysville and he would beat me home.

                  I may be small, but I'm slow.

                  A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                  Comment

                  • thesaint258
                    aka Benito Hazard
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 3005

                    #654
                    A few weeks ago when I was home sick, I was watching an old episode of JAG. This particular episode had Catherine Bell in a bikini, and I thought that I could learn to live with her being a Scientologist.
                    Not that, sickos.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #655
                      Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                      A few weeks ago when I was home sick, I was watching an old episode of JAG. This particular episode had Catherine Bell in a bikini, and I thought that I could learn to live with her being a Scientologist.
                      Go for it!
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Indy Coug
                        Heartless Bastard
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 18747

                        #656
                        I find it very interesting as unscientific as internet polls are that after you get several thousand votes that the percentages remain almost identical even as thousands of more votes pour in.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

                        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #657
                          These kids are already doomed before they are born.

                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #658
                            Take the forkin' road

                            [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70"]YouTube- Darth Vader's recording for TomTom GPS - behind the scenes[/nomedia]
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            • happyone
                              Board Bookworm
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 5398

                              #659
                              There have been some F-22s flying around here this week, along with some AV-8s. I guess they have been praticing Air to Air with some of the local F-16s. All three types of airplanes have been landing at the same time in the afternoon. The F-22 is a very pretty airplane. When they come in for a landing, they have an unusual whistle. They are also relatively quite.

                              I may be small, but I'm slow.

                              A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                              Comment

                              • Indy Coug
                                Heartless Bastard
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 18747

                                #660
                                If the piano had been invented by Arabs, would the high notes be on the left hand side?
                                Everything in life is an approximation.

                                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                                Comment

                                Working...