Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #3991
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I stay within the zero mg guideline. The only caffeine I get is in a Barqs root beer and even that is only a few times a year.
    Probably the best approach. That said, if a punchable face were a message board post this would be it.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69684

      #3992
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post

      Probably the best approach. That said, if a punchable face were a message board post this would be it.
      Haha. Yes.

      This was my first thought:

      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18014

        #3993
        If I had to pick only one of the WOW verboten (implied or explicit!) drugs for the rest of my life, it would be hot caffeine. Certainly others are very pleasant, but caffeine has the most beneficial daily effects. Just like a nice warm hug for your soul.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • BigFatMeanie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7113

          #3994
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post

          Probably the best approach. That said, if a punchable face were a message board post this would be it.
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

          Haha. Yes.

          This was my first thought:


          Bros, don't be hating on me just because you got no willpower and can't control your vices.

          Comment

          • Copelius
            Maker of eyeballs
            • Dec 2012
            • 4053

            #3995
            I have about 350mg per day through my DMD addiction. In addition, when I go to choir I add another 300-400 with zip fizz/great value energy powder.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

            Comment

            • BigPiney
              Huge Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12365

              #3996
              Originally posted by Copelius View Post
              I have about 350mg per day through my DMD addiction. In addition, when I go to choir I add another 300-400 with zip fizz/great value energy powder.
              That sounds like a lot, but maybe it isn't.

              I try and keep mine to right around 41 ( one can of dr pepper), but about once a week I will get a 44 oz.

              I know some people talk of caffeine withdrawal. Have you ever experienced that?

              For years I would drink a 44oz every day, but then go cold turkey when backpacking or similar but never felt the headaches like some describe. Just curious.

              Comment

              • Copelius
                Maker of eyeballs
                • Dec 2012
                • 4053

                #3997
                I have never noticed any withdrawal when it has not been available. I just hate plain water.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                Comment

                • Bo Diddley
                  Senior
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 18786

                  #3998
                  Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  I have never noticed any withdrawal when it has not been available. I just hate plain water.
                  Same. I might go several days with a bunch of caffeine, but then go a couple days without it and no pain.

                  Comment

                  • BigFatMeanie
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7113

                    #3999
                    Why don’t women think it’s sexy that a dude knows how to use an oscilloscope? One would think an oscilloscope would be a great babe magnet. But apparently not.

                    Comment

                    • Pelado
                      Bald not naked
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 21139

                      #4000
                      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      Why don’t women think it’s sexy that a dude knows how to use an oscilloscope? One would think an oscilloscope would be a great babe magnet. But apparently not.
                      Women are a mystery.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

                      Comment

                      • Northwestcoug
                        Cocked and Loaded
                        • May 2011
                        • 18014

                        #4001
                        Hey Bo, are you as nerdy a Rush fan as Jordan Schlansky?

                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

                        Comment

                        • Pelado
                          Bald not naked
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 21139

                          #4002
                          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Hey Bo, are you as nerdy a Rush fan as Jordan Schlansky?

                          Wow.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

                          Comment

                          • Bo Diddley
                            Senior
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 18786

                            #4003
                            I'll have to check it out when I get a minute with good internet.

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69684

                              #4004
                              The last few days have been tough on ears in America.

                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • BigPiney
                                Huge Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12365

                                #4005
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                The last few days have been tough on ears in America.

                                I blame texas

                                Comment

                                Working...