Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dwight Schr-ute
    Members Only
    • May 2011
    • 4917

    #2446
    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    Signed,

    The dude who lives in fake Summerlin.
    Does living in Fake Summerlin require a monthly check like the real one?
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #2447
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Rule #3: avoid travelling west of I-15. No exceptions.
      I guess since you can't afford to fly then that is a reasonable rule.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • clackamascoug
        Banned
        • Dec 2009
        • 9709

        #2448
        In Oregon you don't want to live east of the Willamette River.

        Sorry Husky.

        Comment

        • Northwestcoug
          Cocked and Loaded
          • May 2011
          • 18027

          #2449
          Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          You think those are backwater towns? My family reunions on my grandmother's side (basically her and all of her siblings' descendents) are held every year near Ririe, Idaho. I say near because they are actually out on my great-uncle's farm about half-way between Ririe and Swan Valley. Here's a current pic! http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras...ly=false&id=85

          It's been forever since I've to one of these, though, because I care about how my second cousins and their kids are doing even less than my first cousins.
          I just got back from my wife's family reunion in southern Alberta. It was held in the bustling metropolis of Lethbridge, but most of the people attending live in towns with less than 6,000 people. My MIL and others live in a town where the population hasn't changed appreciably in decades. So yeah, these people live in backwater towns also. Still, I do enjoy going up there. Good people.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18027

            #2450
            Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            In Oregon you don't want to live east of the Willamette River.

            Sorry Husky.
            Your grey text is neither true nor funny.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Sullyute
              a day late/a dollar short
              • Jul 2010
              • 3308

              #2451
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              “When I see myself naked in the mirror, I laugh every time,” she said, “because I think it’s hilarious and kind of awesome.”
              $65 bucks to die your armpit hair?!
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25268

                #2452
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                This whole town is a shit hole, but generally the rule here is don't live inside the I-215.

                Lol at all those losers paying big bucks to live in Queensridge, Spanish Trails, The Canyons, and The Hills South. If they're going to live inside the beltway, they should probably try to live in one of the 5 best neighborhoods.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #2453
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                  Lol at all those losers paying big bucks to live in Queensridge, Spanish Trails, The Canyons, and The Hills South. If they're going to live inside the beltway, they should probably try to live in one of the 5 best neighborhoods.
                  If you can afford to live in one of those neighborhoods, then you should be living in the BEST neighborhood, The Ridges. The rule still applies.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • fusnik
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4475

                    #2454
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                    Lol at all those losers paying big bucks to live in Queensridge, Spanish Trails, The Canyons, and The Hills South. If they're going to live inside the beltway, they should probably try to live in one of the 5 best neighborhoods.
                    That article was awesome.

                    When we moved here we were told to stay east of St Rose, south of the 215 and west of Stephanie.

                    I agree with Falafal, this entire town is a shithole. They've put in 5 huge apartment complexes within 4 miles of my house and the subsequent traffic has been horrendous. We have a lady in our ward that's part of the planning commission and she said that population density and traffic stress is never brought up when starting a new project on our end of town.

                    It's seriously ridiculous.

                    Comment

                    • Y84it
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 549

                      #2455
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                      Lol at all those losers paying big bucks to live in Queensridge, Spanish Trails, The Canyons, and The Hills South. If they're going to live inside the beltway, they should probably try to live in one of the 5 best neighborhoods.
                      Sounds like this guy wrote this article.
                      ocean111.jpg
                      ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

                      Comment

                      • Solon
                        Lost in the flood
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5747

                        #2456
                        Yesterday, I ate some cottage cheese from a container with an expiration date of Feb 19, 2015. It didn't taste great, but it wasn't bad either.

                        No ill-effects (so far).

                        I guess cottage cheese is just like any other cheese: it doesn't go bad. It just turns into a different kind of cheese.
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                        Comment

                        • Harry Tic
                          I've Made a Huge Mistake.
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 1660

                          #2457
                          Originally posted by Solon View Post
                          Yesterday, I ate some cottage cheese from a container with an expiration date of Feb 19, 2015. It didn't taste great, but it wasn't bad either.

                          No ill-effects (so far).

                          I guess cottage cheese is just like any other cheese: it doesn't go bad. It just turns into a different kind of cheese.
                          When you stop to think about, the entire universe could be described as just different states of cheese as it ages through the millennia.
                          Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                          --William Blake, via Shpongle

                          Comment

                          • Lost Student
                            BAND!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4324

                            #2458
                            Originally posted by Harry Tic View Post
                            When you stop to think about, the entire universe could be described as just different states of cheese as it ages through the millennia.
                            8853520.jpg
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                            Comment

                            • Art Vandelay
                              Striving for mediocrity
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 10516

                              #2459
                              Dudes who shave their legs look weird. Unless your heading to the Olympic swimming trials, or the Mr. Universe contest I can't think of a reason a dude needs to have the Nair (for short, shorts) look.

                              Comment

                              • Joe Public
                                8.1 YPC
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 8525

                                #2460
                                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Dudes who shave their legs look weird. Unless your heading to the Olympic swimming trials, or the Mr. Universe contest I can't think of a reason a dude needs to have the Nair (for short, shorts) look.
                                Here's one other reason:

                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                                "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                                Comment

                                Working...