Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chrisrenrut
    Strikes and Gutters
    • Jul 2009
    • 2299

    #2431
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    . . .located in hillbilly backwater towns like Layton or Kaysville or Centerville. Those places give me the creeps. . .
    LOL, you're in South Jordan, and Davis County give you the creeps? And I assume you lived in Provo during your college years?

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7117

      #2432
      I gotta be me.

      Comment

      • BigFatMeanie
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 7117

        #2433
        BigFatMeanie's rules for living in Utah:

        Rule #1: avoid travelling north of the SLC airport unless you're driving to Logan to watch BYU play an away game.
        Rule #2: avoid travelling south of point of the mountain unless you're going to LES to watch BYU play a home game.

        When you follow these rules, good things happen. Disregard them at your peril.

        Exhibit A: just look in the mirror

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37996

          #2434
          Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          BigFatMeanie's rules for living in Utah:

          Rule #1: avoid travelling north of the SLC airport unless you're driving to Logan to watch BYU play an away game.
          Rule #2: avoid travelling south of point of the mountain unless you're going to LES to watch BYU play a home game.

          When you follow these rules, good things happen. Disregard them at your peril.

          Exhibit A: just look in the mirror
          I lived by those same rules when I was in Utah, with one additional rule:

          Rule #3: avoid travelling west of I-15. No exceptions.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Sullyute
            a day late/a dollar short
            • Jul 2010
            • 3308

            #2435
            Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            ... hillbilly backwater towns like Layton or Kaysville or Centerville.
            We have an Olive Garden!!!!!
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

            Comment

            • Paperback Writer
              Signature won a Pulitzer
              • Nov 2010
              • 5211

              #2436
              Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              BigFatMeanie's rules for living in Utah:

              Rule #1: avoid travelling north of the SLC airport unless you're driving to Logan to watch BYU play an away game.
              Rule #2: avoid travelling south of point of the mountain unless you're going to LES to watch BYU play a home game.

              When you follow these rules, good things happen. Disregard them at your peril.

              Exhibit A: just look in the mirror
              PBW rules for visiting Utah:
              Steer clear of BFM's grid unless one of the following:
              • attending a family event on temple square
              • outfitting a missionary at Mr. Mac City Creek
              • meeting an old friend at Hires
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

              Comment

              • BigFatMeanie
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7117

                #2437
                Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                We have an Olive Garden!!!!!
                Well, you've got me there. That moves Layton up a notch. Still, I bet most folks in Layton eat Walmart sushi. Barbarians.

                Comment

                • Lost Student
                  BAND!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4324

                  #2438
                  Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  I hate family reunions with extended family like cousins and aunts and uncles and stuff. I really have no interest in what my cousins or their kids are up to. I just don't give a crap that my cousin's daughter made the Layton high drill team. Plus, my extended family reunions are always located in hillbilly backwater towns like Layton or Kaysville or Centerville. Those places give me the creeps. I would just skip it but I feel like I'm disappointing my dad if I don't go to these lame things. I lose if I go and I lose if I don't go.
                  You think those are backwater towns? My family reunions on my grandmother's side (basically her and all of her siblings' descendents) are held every year near Ririe, Idaho. I say near because they are actually out on my great-uncle's farm about half-way between Ririe and Swan Valley. Here's a current pic! http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras...ly=false&id=85

                  It's been forever since I've to one of these, though, because I care about how my second cousins and their kids are doing even less than my first cousins.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #2439
                    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    I hate family reunions with extended family like cousins and aunts and uncles and stuff. I really have no interest in what my cousins or their kids are up to. I just don't give a crap that my cousin's daughter made the Layton high drill team. Plus, my extended family reunions are always located in hillbilly backwater towns like Layton or Kaysville or Centerville. Those places give me the creeps. I would just skip it but I feel like I'm disappointing my dad if I don't go to these lame things. I lose if I go and I lose if I don't go.
                    i guess it makes sense that confident, successful, well-heeled people who don't drive kias would creep you out.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • old_gregg
                      scaly man fish
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 16915

                      #2440
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I lived by those same rules when I was in Utah, with one additional rule:

                      Rule #3: avoid travelling west of I-15. No exceptions.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                      Comment

                      • fusnik
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4475

                        #2441
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I lived by those same rules when I was in Utah, with one additional rule:

                        Rule #3: avoid travelling west of I-15. No exceptions.
                        Signed,

                        The dude who lives in fake Summerlin.

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37996

                          #2442
                          Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                          Signed,

                          The dude who lives in fake Summerlin.
                          This whole town is a shit hole, but generally the rule here is don't live inside the I-215.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • fusnik
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4475

                            #2443
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            This whole town is a shit hole, but generally the rule here is don't live inside the I-215.
                            Never heard that.

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #2444
                              http://nyti.ms/1L7qrNv
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37996

                                #2445
                                Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                                Never heard that.
                                But you live outside of it, don't you.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...