Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • USUC
    Chronic Poseur
    • Apr 2010
    • 8795

    #1516
    I should have been in bed an hour ago but I'm mesmerized buy a ridiculous mockumentary(?) about mermaids. Wtf is wrong with me.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    Comment

    • San Juan Sun
      Kicked to the curb
      • Dec 2009
      • 9214

      #1517
      My wife, baby-talking to our newborn daughter, who looks nothing like her siblings:

      "Just where did you come from, sweetheart?"

      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

      - Ty Cobb

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #1518
        Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        My wife, baby-talking to our newborn daughter, who looks nothing like her siblings:

        "Just where did you come from, sweetheart?"

        I know it's coming late, but congrats SJS. She's a cute kid.
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • Joe Public
          8.1 YPC
          • Apr 2011
          • 8531

          #1519
          The announcer for a flight to London just called for row 80 to board. I guess I've never been on a big plane; that sounds huge. Also, I'm at SFO, and they called for passenger Michael Singletary. The place got quiet for a second.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

          Comment

          • chrisrenrut
            Strikes and Gutters
            • Jul 2009
            • 2299

            #1520
            Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            The announcer for a flight to London just called for row 80 to board. I guess I've never been on a big plane; that sounds huge. Also, I'm at SFO, and they called for passenger Michael Singletary. The place got quiet for a second.
            It would have been cool to see him running down the jetway like OJ in the old Hertz commercials.

            Comment

            • Danimal
              Junior Member
              • May 2009
              • 387

              #1521
              I was walking our dog with my daughter this morning around the neighborhood when a car pulls up and stops by us. A middle aged woman chit chats with us about our dog then asks us if we're heading to church later because we obviously weren't that morning. I told her that our church service today was a nice walk outside with our dog. The woman told us to go home, put on church clothes, and go to church. And I thought Utah county was weird.

              Comment

              • SandYFan
                Junior Member
                • May 2013
                • 754

                #1522
                Originally posted by Danimal View Post
                I was walking our dog with my daughter this morning around the neighborhood when a car pulls up and stops by us. A middle aged woman chit chats with us about our dog then asks us if we're heading to church later because we obviously weren't that morning. I told her that our church service today was a nice walk outside with our dog. The woman told us to go home, put on church clothes, and go to church. And I thought Utah county was weird.
                Clearly a member of the Three Nephites in drag.

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16938

                  #1523
                  People who say they're going to "make a long story short" almost never do.

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #1524
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    People who say they're going to "make a long story short" almost never do.
                    It's all relative.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #1525
                      Carlsbad police: Mormon missionary turns himself in for sexual abuse
                      [...]
                      Patrick "Robbie" Oliphant, 20, of Carlsbad is accused of molesting a five-year-old girl while babysitting - a crime he reportedly confessed to in May.

                      A criminal complaint from the Carlsbad Police Department states the victim's mother received a call from Oliphant's missionary leader, Stephen Hess, in Michigan where Oliphant had been living since April to train as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Hess said Oliphant told him what he had done because he needed to get if off his conscience before starting missionary work.

                      http://www.currentargus.com/ci_23467396/carlsbad-police-mormon-missionary-turns-himself-sexual-abuse


                      I am pretty sure he won't be starting his mission.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • San Juan Sun
                        Kicked to the curb
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 9214

                        #1526
                        I'm not an emotional guy, but this brought a tear to my eye. My 9 year old made this, although he had a little bit of help getting the pictures on there from his mom. Makes me feel a bit inadequate, but it might be the best card I've ever received.

                        0-7.jpeg
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                        - Ty Cobb

                        Comment

                        • FN Phat
                          I ♥ gateway sex
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 8691

                          #1527
                          You are obviously raising your children right. The best comparison he can think of the various delicious uses for pig. Well done, sir. Well done.
                          I'm your huckleberry.


                          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69720

                            #1528
                            Can't stop thinking about purple zebras. Weird.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Indy Coug
                              Heartless Bastard
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 18747

                              #1529
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Can't stop thinking about purple zebras. Weird.
                              Now all I can think of are purple turtle milk shakes.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

                              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                              Comment

                              • clackamascoug
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9709

                                #1530
                                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                                Now all I can think of are purple turtle milk shakes.
                                Is the Purple Turtle still up and running?

                                Comment

                                Working...