Trick or Treaters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #76
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    I don't care much for Starburst.
    OMG, we have so much in common!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #77
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      We bought just over 300 candy bars, with the rain today I think we will have about 60-80 left. That includes almost all the Sour Patch kids!
      Well that plan didn't work. ldc got home from ToTing with the kids and saw how much we had left and was out front like a carnival barker "We have lots of candy left down here!" I made fun of her for sounding like a creepy pedo "Come to my house we have candy" but she couldn't be stopped. We have none left.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #78
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Well that plan didn't work. ldc got home from ToTing with the kids and saw how much we had left and was out front like a carnival barker "We have lots of candy left down here!" I made fun of her for sounding like a creepy pedo "Come to my house we have candy" but she couldn't be stopped. We have none left.
        I bought a ton of candy given the turnout of the past couple of years, but the numbers just weren't there this year. Toward the end of the night I started giving out handfuls of candy to try to get rid of it (the kids who cheered for my BYU shirt got huge handfuls), but we still had half of a bowl leftover. I guess I'll take the leftover candy to work and give it to the horde.
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8806

          #79
          Only one set of trick or treaters so far. A lot of renters in this neighborhood so not may kids.

          Comment

          • LiveCoug
            LA Ute loves me
            • Nov 2008
            • 18489

            #80
            Our first trick or treating experience in Texas. I love how everyone here sets up chairs in their driveways with a bowl of candy and just people watch. Kids had to knock on very few doors. It was awesome.

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27898

              #81
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Our first trick or treating experience in Texas. I love how everyone here sets up chairs in their driveways with a bowl of candy and just people watch. Kids had to knock on very few doors. It was awesome.
              Halloween in Texas is awesome. Gorgeous weather and fun communities. Most people do the same here as well lawn chairs in the driveway while others walk down the street with wine glasses.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • grapevine
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1992

                #82
                It would sometimes be nice to be a Jehovah's Witness for today only. Don,t have to take kids trick or treating or hand out candy yourself. Community has trunk or treat and Hot Dog Chilli feed. I went to that. Someone gave me piece of Candy there. Didn't,t do spook alleys or haunted houses. No candy in house. Had to turn a couple trick or treaters away. A few years ago I took all the Candy to trunk or treat, it was all gone so I gave soup instead. Didn't this year.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #83
                  Omg people with bowls on their driveway?? Is that a texas thing??? I've never seen that before ever!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #84
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Omg people with bowls on their driveway?? Is that a texas thing??? I've never seen that before ever!
                    People do it here in SC. No one did it in Georgia when I was a kid, but, it used to be cold at Halloween time. Now, it's warm, usually.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #85
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Our first trick or treating experience in Texas. I love how everyone here sets up chairs in their driveways with a bowl of candy and just people watch. Kids had to knock on very few doors. It was awesome.
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Halloween in Texas is awesome. Gorgeous weather and fun communities. Most people do the same here as well lawn chairs in the driveway while others walk down the street with wine glasses.
                      It's the same up this way... a big block party. The neighbors even rented a bounce house and the kids were having a blast.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 38003

                        #86
                        We're still not jealous of you Texans, bounce house and all.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25276

                          #87
                          Our new neighborhood is awesome. Tons of awesomely decorated houses and mobs of TOTers. One dude had two sets of huge portable stadium lights set up on either side of his house. The bulbs were purple and blue, creating a glow that could be seen from anywhere in the neighborhood. He also had a DJ blasting tunes in his driveway. We had so many people out with bowls in their driveways that I almost thought I was in Texas until I realized I wasn't being eaten alive by mosquitos and I hadn't stepped in any tobacco spit all night.

                          Mini candy bars made us high rollers in our last neighborhood, but my kids got over a dozen full sizers and even a few king sizers tonight. We'll definitely have to up our game next year.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • thesaint258
                            aka Benito Hazard
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 3005

                            #88
                            No one came to our house last night. Why? Because I worked late and wasn't really in the mood for trick or treating when I got back. My wife and I went out to dinner, then came home and kept the lights off in the front of the house. It was a nice, relaxing evening.
                            Not that, sickos.

                            Comment

                            • Moliere
                              One man.....one pie
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 27898

                              #89
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Omg people with bowls on their driveway?? Is that a texas thing??? I've never seen that before ever!
                              The bowls aren't on the driveway. People are sitting in lawnchairs while they hold the bowls.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #90
                                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                The bowls aren't on the driveway. People are sitting in lawnchairs while they hold the bowls.
                                Omg even cooler! I'm trying to imagine what that would be like. People that interact with ToTs and decorate their homes. Mind boggling.

                                And the nice weather thing....so Texas. i haven't checked any almanacs but I'm guessing Texas was the only place in the country with nice weather last night.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...