Trick or Treaters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigFatMeanie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7117

    #106
    Greed is a powerful vice. The hidden camera did a good job of capturing the essence of greed.

    Also, I've never understand why both parents need to take their precious little darlings trick-or-treating. Mrs. Meanie and I always divided up the duties so that one stayed home and manned the candy bowl while the other took the kids out.

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #107
      Originally posted by All-American View Post
      A former member of one of our old wards took their kids out and left a bowl of candy at the door while they were gone. They also hid a camera to watch what happened.

      The following ensued.

      http://youtu.be/eHpxhRNIclM
      Last lady takes one for each kid.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #108
        If you leave a bucket out front then it isn't steeling, I object to the title of the clip being "Halloween Theives".
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Bo Diddley
          Senior
          • Jul 2012
          • 18804

          #109
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          If you leave a bucket out front then it isn't steeling, I object to the title of the clip being "Halloween Theives".
          Agreed. I had the same thought.

          Comment

          • clackamascoug
            Banned
            • Dec 2009
            • 9709

            #110
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            If you leave a bucket out front then it isn't steeling, I object to the title of the clip being "Halloween Theives".
            I didn't see a sign that says "take one only." I always give the kids 2 or 3 items to avoid judgement from the parents as being a tight wad. Even then kids aren't that excited to get two rolls of Smarties.

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8531

              #111
              Four so far!
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • creekster
                It is NOT a monkey!
                • Nov 2008
                • 22661

                #112
                We moved to a new neighborhood a few months ago. So far exactly zero trick or treaters.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #113
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  We moved to a new neighborhood a few months ago. So far exactly zero trick or treaters.
                  Let me guess... one of those gated retirement communities?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #114
                    Interminable. I have 1 child, a year from graduating from high school. Get away from my house.

                    Total blackout and land mines have had little affect.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • old_gregg
                      scaly man fish
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 16915

                      #115
                      zero. turned out the lights and have been reading from revelations rather the celebrate this pagan ritual praising satan.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69723

                        #116
                        200+


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • CardiacCoug
                          вот так штука
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 11013

                          #117
                          We have had about 100 kids I’d say. Some older kids still coming by. We are in such a good neighborhood for trick or treaters — houses are close together and almost no car traffic.

                          Comment

                          • hostile
                            lollygagger
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5736

                            #118
                            Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            We have had about 100 kids I’d say. Some older kids still coming by. We are in such a good neighborhood for trick or treaters — houses are close together and almost no car traffic.
                            Same hear. Easily 150+. That also includes several parents who asked if they could have candy.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                            Comment

                            • Moliere
                              One man.....one pie
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 27889

                              #119
                              Maybe 20 trick or treaters tonight. It was raining like crazy (1+ inches in an hour) which deterred most of them. My kids toughed it out and were richly rewarded since people were handing out multiple handfuls of candy due to the lack of trick or treaters.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25270

                                #120
                                Trick or Treaters?

                                Hundreds. Went through 120 large candy bars and another 3 bags of fun size. One of my favorite things about our neighborhood is how it lights up for Halloween. Dozens of houses with music and lights, hundreds of trick or treaters. Lots from other areas that come park and unload outside the gates and then walk our neighborhood. Many of our neighbors hate that, but I don't mind.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...