The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I'd like to find a quiet generator that is powerful enough for what we need. I don't hink they exist. Our backyard neighbor's next door neighbor has a whole house generator. We know the power is out to the subdivision when his generator kicks on because we can hear it fairly loudly all the way to our house.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sportsma...KIDF/312402800

Inverter generators are supposed to be quieter, but I haven't tested them out.

Comment

• Apparently there are lots of frozen and busted pipes... Plumbers are now charging $300-400/hr and are at least 2-3 days out.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yeah, I hope Texas learned its lesson...

Chuck Schumer rips Texas for ignoring climate change

US Sen. Chuck Schumer on Sunday slammed Texas for getting caught off guard by last week’s massive winter storm — saying the Lone Star State is paying the price for ignoring climate change.
        [...]
        https://nypost.com/2021/02/21/chuck-...limate-change/

Yeah, we learned our lesson, Chuck. Just like the folks in Louisiana learned their lesson for Katrina and California has been learning their lesson every year with their fires and blackouts.

BTW, it is 70 degrees today. Tomorrow's high is going to be nearly 80. We are paying the price!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Yeah, I hope Texas learned its lesson...

https://nypost.com/2021/02/21/chuck-...limate-change/

Yeah, we learned our lesson, Chuck. Just like the folks in Louisiana learned their lesson for Katrina and California has been learning their lesson every year with their fires and blackouts.

BTW, it is 70 degrees today. Tomorrow's high is going to be nearly 80. We are paying the price!
          Don't forget Chuck's home state ignoring climate change when Hurricane Sandy hit. I hope they learned their lesson!
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
          X