The official weather thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27886

    #511


    Schools are closed. Office is closed. Power and Internet are down. Just a normal rainstorm in Houston.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #512
      Originally posted by Moliere View Post


      Schools are closed. Office is closed. Power and Internet are down. Just a normal rainstorm in Houston.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah, we had our share of rain up this way as well. The Trinity is full and heading your way. Schools are still open, however. Power and Internet are fine.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #513
        Bay Area weather is about perfect. Just sayin'
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • Moliere
          One man.....one pie
          • Oct 2009
          • 27886

          #514

          I really shouldn't, but
          Last edited by Moliere; 04-18-2016, 05:29 PM.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

          Comment

          • Color Me Badd Fan
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 12519

            #515
            Jimmy Kimmel sometimes shows these clips from the local news in LA reporting on the weather. It's kind of funny.

            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #516
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post

              I really shouldn't, but
              Holy crap that's funny.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27886

                #517


                Bill Nye confuses weather with climate change.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27886

                  #518
                  13055240_10205835560743873_5647776329065210824_o.jpg

                  Cool pic by a guy in my stake.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27886

                    #519
                    School has been cancelled all week. Since I'm working from home it's been nice to have the kids around...until today when my beehive-age daughter invited her whole Beehive class over to the house. Is there anything worse or more annoying than having a bunch of 12-13 year old girls at your house? The cackling, the giggling, the crying, the drama....ugh
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #520
                      Have things dried out any in Houston?

                      IMG_3104.JPG
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #521
                        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Is there anything worse or more annoying than having a bunch of 12-13 year old girls at your house? The cackling, the giggling, the crying, the drama....ugh
                        I hate it when my wife lets air conditioner salesmen into the house for a glass of water when I'm not there--she knows I'd rather go to Sears.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #522
                          Spring weather in Texas... I wonder if I can get an avocado bacon burger before it hits:


                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Dwight Schr-ute
                            Members Only
                            • May 2011
                            • 4917

                            #523
                            Never change, Texas.





                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #524
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Have things dried out any in Houston?

                              [ATTACH]6900[/ATTACH]
                              Is that a small brontosaurus lower left?

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69716

                                #525
                                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                Is that a small brontosaurus lower left?
                                Nessie.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...